Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Re: Cakes

I can't stand those little cake cups they sell at the store for making strawberry shortcakes, so this is what we do when we want the same:

Get a box of white cake mix from the store
A carton of strawberries
16 oz tub of whipped cream

Make two round cakes with the cake mix
After letting it cool, cut off any uneven parts from the top of the one you will use as the bottom layer

Take the strawberries and chop them up in the food chopper
Mix the strawberries in with the whipped cream in a bowl

Use them to "frost" the cake just the same as you would icing.

We LOVE our cake this way.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

RE: Cakes

Well this is what I did this weekend! It was lots of fun. Wedding cake is white chocolate with white chocolate icing and groom's cake is red velvet with a "special" cream cheese icing. There was no groom's cake left.

Beth in KY
Old 07-24-2008, 07:54 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethola View Post
Well this is what I did this weekend! It was lots of fun. Wedding cake is white chocolate with white chocolate icing and groom's cake is red velvet with a "special" cream cheese icing. There was no groom's cake left.

Beth in KY
Those both are very cute!!!! I bet they both tasted great!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Forever Loved Admin

We had a great cake after church last night made by our pastor. It was delicious.

Angel Lush

1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-O Vanilla Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
1 cup thawed Cool Whip Lite or Cool Whip Sugar Free Whipped Topping
1 pkg. (10 oz>) round angel food cake
10 fresh strawberries

Mix pineapple and dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.
Cut cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom cake layer, cut side up, on serving plate; top with one-third of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers two times.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Top with berries just before serving. Store leftovers in regrigerator.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Renda: Thanks! I THINK they did. I don't taste 'em....I just bake and decorate! LOL After that much time....I just want to cut 'em up and get rid of them! LOL

Cindy: I've had this cake and it IS wonderful and really good on a hot summer day.

I'm on "cake sabbatical" right now. Nothing scheduled until October. We are doing the Group Bible Study "Chocolate Boutique" next Sat. however, and I'm in charge of .....TASTING BOUTIQUE! LOL

Beth
Old 07-24-2008, 09:10 AM
My Family!

This is my daughter's wedding cake a lady in St. Louis made - - she did an awesome job and it tasted wonderful!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

This cake is AWESOME! I'm glad it tasted good too. I like my cakes to look nice but also want them to taste good too!

Beth
Old 07-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
This is my daughter's wedding cake a lady in St. Louis made - - she did an awesome job and it tasted wonderful!

That is ART. I love to watch Ace of Cakes on Food Network. Lady Chocolate can make some great looking cakes too.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-25-2008, 05:56 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
That is ART. I love to watch Ace of Cakes on Food Network. Lady Chocolate can make some great looking cakes too.
And what I loved is it's not fondant - - she got it that smooth with just buttercream icing! She made the lily of the valley flowers too!
Old 07-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
And what I loved is it's not fondant - - she got it that smooth with just buttercream icing! She made the lily of the valley flowers too!
Wow, that is just something. She is an artist.