Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-28-2008, 12:20 PM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Re: Who's Who on AFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Watch it!

(this thread is really about me)
Nah! yer too much like CH. LOL!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

NOOOOOOOO
It's ALL about MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! LOL

and my little red shoooooooez!!!

Rom.8:38,39-For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heigth nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I AM the VOICE of REASON and SANITY around here!

I am now on FB and on the AFF's on FB!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

An honest assessment of Fred…Sans the Atlas references….

I have been Fred on these Apostolic Internet forums for several years. I arrived at FaithChildForum within days of the passing of that forums owner. I knew Jim in real life but it was his passing that brought me in contact with these forums. I post occasionally on GNC. I was active on NewFaithChildForum (though not from the beginning) and started there as Tiberius Pantera with a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

I am a fifth generation Apostolic, from a church that has produced countless preachers including a General Superintendent, at least one District Superintendent, bible school teachers, presbyters multiple general Board members of the UPCI.

I am a moderate, have always been a moderate and my home church has always been moderate. These days on AFF it seems I am among the most conservative that still posts here. I believe the Water Spirit doctrine, though I believe the UPCI ought to make room for both the old PCI view as well as the W/S view. I believe in the doctrines of Holiness, Separation, and Sanctification, though I do not believe these are part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are teachings that saved people accept as part of what we are. That does not mean I believe everyone ought to live their lives by my set of rules.

I am a political conservative and I don’t mind the label Neo-Con either. These days you are more likely to see me sparing with some political liberal than you will see me engaged in doctrinal exchanges. It seems the doctrinal area has become dominated by those with an agenda of deconstruction of all things traditional Oneness Apostolic.

I am married to a beautiful lady named Mrs. Ferd (she doesn’t post here). I have one son (Toddler Ferd) he doesn’t post here either. And another son (baby Ferd2) will be with us on or about July 21.
Toddler Ferd came to us on Christmas day 2004. He was 6 weeks early and we were visiting family in Louisiana at the time! We ended up in Lake Charles La. For 2 weeks with him in the NICU but God blessed us and we were able to stay in the Hospital for free the entire time!

We came back to Dallas and promptly found out that the little guy had a heart condition and we ended up at Cooks Children in Fort Worth Cardiac ICU for another 2 weeks. By the time he was 2 months old he had spent one month in the hospital. We did EKGs daily for weeks, weekly for months and by the time he was 9 months old, we received a clean bill of health! God is faithful and healed my son of a terrible condition that caused his heart to race over 300 beats per minute.

Well, there you go. Now you know everything worth knowing about the poster commonly known as Ferd.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Da Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
I grew up in Greenville Sc attended a small pentecostal holiness which my dads second cousin pastors. Then around age seventeen I moved to Napa. Ca. Then at age twentyfive I started going to New Life Tabernacle in Napa.
Just to add my name is April.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
krawlinson

Quote:
An honest assessment of Fred…Sans the Atlas references….

I have been Fred on these Apostolic Internet forums for several years. I arrived at FaithChildForum within days of the passing of that forums owner. I knew Jim in real life but it was his passing that brought me in contact with these forums. I post occasionally on GNC. I was active on NewFaithChildForum (though not from the beginning) and started there as Tiberius Pantera with a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

I am a fifth generation Apostolic, from a church that has produced countless preachers including a General Superintendent, at least one District Superintendent, bible school teachers, presbyters multiple general Board members of the UPCI.

I am a moderate, have always been a moderate and my home church has always been moderate. These days on AFF it seems I am among the most conservative that still posts here. I believe the Water Spirit doctrine, though I believe the UPCI ought to make room for both the old PCI view as well as the W/S view. I believe in the doctrines of Holiness, Separation, and Sanctification, though I do not believe these are part of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They are teachings that saved people accept as part of what we are. That does not mean I believe everyone ought to live their lives by my set of rules.

I am a political conservative and I don’t mind the label Neo-Con either. These days you are more likely to see me sparing with some political liberal than you will see me engaged in doctrinal exchanges. It seems the doctrinal area has become dominated by those with an agenda of deconstruction of all things traditional Oneness Apostolic.

I am married to a beautiful lady named Mrs. Ferd (she doesn’t post here). I have one son (Toddler Ferd) he doesn’t post here either. And another son (baby Ferd2) will be with us on or about July 21.
Toddler Ferd came to us on Christmas day 2004. He was 6 weeks early and we were visiting family in Louisiana at the time! We ended up in Lake Charles La. For 2 weeks with him in the NICU but God blessed us and we were able to stay in the Hospital for free the entire time!

We came back to Dallas and promptly found out that the little guy had a heart condition and we ended up at Cooks Children in Fort Worth Cardiac ICU for another 2 weeks. By the time he was 2 months old he had spent one month in the hospital. We did EKGs daily for weeks, weekly for months and by the time he was 9 months old, we received a clean bill of health! God is faithful and healed my son of a terrible condition that caused his heart to race over 300 beats per minute.

Well, there you go. Now you know everything worth knowing about the poster commonly known as Ferd.
Okay. I must admit. FERD is a pretty interesting fellow!
Old 03-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

FERD....ended up in Lake Charles La.

Have ya been to visit Livingway while there in LC?
Rom.8:38,39-For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither heigth nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:12 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanAngel View Post
FERD....ended up in Lake Charles La.

Have ya been to visit Livingway while there in LC?
I grew up in DeRidder. went to McNeese.

Ive been to Livingway many times over the years, but its been a long time. I do keep up with the goings on in that area.
Old 03-28-2008, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I grew up in DeRidder. went to McNeese.

Ive been to Livingway many times over the years, but its been a long time. I do keep up with the goings on in that area.
been going there 21 years!!!!!

Old 03-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Used to be just an underdog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
I am me and I live in Ohio. I attend a Christian and Missionary Alliance Church. But spent about 20 years of my life in the UPC. You don't move far from your roots, ya know
Interesting - how did you come to attend a CMA church? We attended UPC for many years, over past couple years we've attended a CMA church for about a year and are now in a Victory church. We moved to this area a couple years ago and have been looking for our church "home".....
Old 03-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
My name is Randy and I'm a...... (oops, sorry. Wrong thread. <blushing>)

Actually, my wife and I both grew up in Wisconsin and currently live just North of Madison. But as many know, in 5 short weeks we're moving from here to the Phoenix valley in AZ. We WERE going to move the first week of April but now it is the first week of May, although we're still going down next week to actually buy our house so we have a place to pull up to.
We are currently "churchless" although I still call the church in Central WI my "home church". We left my wifes church over issues found in the "Deep Waters" section here.

I cannot see actually going to a UPC church (although would have no problems visiting one). The first time someone told us to remove our wedding rings I'd be "why I outta......!" at which point my wife would step between me and whoever said it.
And I would be stepping between her and whoever told her she was going to hell because of her dress pants.
Check out Christ Life Church (either in Chandler or Tempe - can't remember). Phil Goldsberry is the pastor; used to be Jim Roam.