Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Vaughn believes exactly what scripture says that he "GOD was IN CHRIST" not that "GOD was in GOD"

again the words of our great Apostle Paul , "the MAN Christ Jesus"

He was not FULLY GOD.. he was FULLY MAN with the FULNESS OF GOD IN HIM"

BUt you see God forsook him at calvary and there he was,, what he always was a man....

ano NO IT WAS NOT THE MAN CHRIST JESUS that raised Lazarus from the dead or else THAT SAME MAN would have healed Lazarus "before the time" ... but he had NO POWER that was not GIVEN TO HIM by his Father

I find it Ironic that an ALL KNOWING GOD would not even know when he was coming back to earth and admits to the same.....

He was the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD,, full of power (granted unto him by GOD)....

A GOD needs NO ONE to GRANT him Power.. and yet he tells us "all power has been GIVEN unto me"

He was fully man.. with the FULNESS of GOD dwelling inside of him

While he was in a manger.. the angels gave glory to God who was still "in the highest" not in a manger

No MARY when you kissed the face of Jesus you DID NOT kiss the face of God... if so then the catholics can rightly call her "the mother of God"
I think it's sad that you don't think Jesus was fully God.

I don't know what else to say concerning this admission by you.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
And here you have it. Vaughn doesn't believe that Jesus was God while on earth, because if He was, then He also had a God, making two Gods.

Baron, I hope you realize what this guy is saying and he thinks you agree with him. I hope he's wrong in that.
What I said was Scriptural, I stand by what I said. I don't know what Dr. V believes about Christ and I'm not going to presume on two paragraphs what he means. If you want to discuss what I said that's fine but don't ask me to crawl inside Dr. V's mind. I believe Jesus was and is God. I also believe that while by adding humanity to Himself he limited himself to the role of a man while on earth, this is consistent with everything He said about himself and what Paul said in Philippians 2.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
What I said was Scriptural, I stand by what I said. I don't know what Dr. V believes about Christ and I'm not going to presume on two paragraphs what he means. If you want to discuss what I said that's fine but don't ask me to crawl inside Dr. V's mind. I believe Jesus was and is God. I also believe that while by adding humanity to Himself he limited himself to the role of a man while on earth, this is consistent with everything He said about himself and what Paul said in Philippians 2.
I agree. I'm still not sure why you thought I was saying anything different.

As for what Vaughn believes, see my sig line. It's his own words. No presumption needed.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:

As for what Vaughn believes, see my sig line. It's his own words. No presumption needed.
Love your new signature line, I see you have a flair for the dramatic,, thats kewl

Allow me to ask you a question....

If I am fully human, look like a human and walk like a human but I can fly like an eagle.. am I fully human?

Of course not, it is not in the biological makeup for a human to fly... now I am actually HUMAN & EAGLE.. thus I am NOT FULLY HUMAN

You cannot make JESUS FULLY GOD... unless he in and of himself had NO HUMAN LIMITIATIONS

God's cannot die on a cross.. God's cannot weep until blood flows.... humans can

Jesus was both man & GOD.. but he was not FULLY GOD
Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:

Not to be argumentative but that's not what you said, and Dr. V clarified his statements further while I was posting. You said Jesus prayed as a man and raised people from the dead as God. I said He did all as a man submitted to God. Oneness people really struggle with the genuine humanity of Jesus. We got the God part down, but we struggle with the fact that He was a man, completely and He did nothing while on this earth of His own initiative.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I think it's sad that you don't think Jesus was fully God.

I don't know what else to say concerning this admission by you.
Not Pentecostal OR Oneness....sounds more like an adoptionist

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Not to be argumentative but that's not what you said, and Dr. V clarified his statements further while I was posting. You said Jesus prayed as a man and raised people from the dead as God. I said He did all as a man submitted to God. Oneness people really struggle with the genuine humanity of Jesus. We got the God part down, but we struggle with the fact that He was a man, completely and He did nothing while on this earth of His own initiative.
If He wasn't God, He would have stopped people from worshipping Him, but that never happened.

Even they could see that He was God while also being human. It's just as clear to me.

And yes. Dr. V certainly did clarify. He doesn't believe Jesus was totally God. He thinks it's impossible, meaning he also doesn't believe scripture that says with God, all things are possible.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Not Pentecostal OR Oneness....sounds more like an adoptionist
Someone on this forum knows him personally and said he attends a Jesus name church.

I wonder if they know he doesn't believe Jesus was God while on earth.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Love your new signature line, I see you have a flair for the dramatic,, thats kewl

Allow me to ask you a question....

If I am fully human, look like a human and walk like a human but I can fly like an eagle.. am I fully human?
Yes, because you just said "If I am fully human"...it's not a philosophical contest anyways. It's a matter of what the word says. Is he human according the word? Yes. Is he God according to the Word? Yes. Can someone be only part human or Part God (not god)? No. Human is not a race or nationality...even someone that is half white and half black is fully human. So you are either fully human or not human at all...

But all that is irrelevant again. You aren't appealing to the word.

Quote:
Jesus was both man & GOD.. but he was not FULLY GOD
That does not make sense. He is God. But he is not fully God? He is what then? 50% of God? Using your own analogy that still won't work. Can you be fully human and 50% eagle?

Again it's a matter of the word. He is never said to be 40 or 50 % God

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
No we don't struggle. I agree he did all that as a man or through his HUMAN nature only. But that was a result of the Kenosis. He was still God despite that fact.