Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered Member

Re: Why shouldn't I vote for Obama??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
CP our friendship depends on you NOT voting for him and I am a "D" ya know but I aint voting for no terrorist!!!!!!!! and don't you either. If you do don't ever contact me again

PS tune Christopher out- he's being an advocate of the enemy
it's not like you answer the phone anyways JUST KIDDING.

Ok....so we can be friends....who would you have me vote for?? (Aren't you glad I started this thread....I was/am seriously considering voting for Barak)
Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Sorry Bro. Hall, all I got out of your above post was one big compromise. I am not advocating half the things you stated. You quoted my post then turned right around and put your own opinion to it. Kind of like my wife does. Her favorite line is "so what you mean is" and then the next words out of her mouth don't even come close to ressembling what I said.
What I posted is exactly what I mean.
How do you figure that the anti-God groups are not the enemy. If you can convince them then fine but if not then cast yourself away from them. I can't begin to count the number of scripture for that. Even the apostles were told to kick the dust from their feet in protest of those who don't accept the truth. Just because the rest of the world goes down does not mean I have to accept it or compromise myself. Bro. Hall you have traded the Bible for Hillary Clintons book "It takes a village". The well written post is like reading something from Moveon.org.

Sorry bro. we will have to agree to disagree. As I said, the country you long for is coming, that much I will admit, I chose to keep myself as far from it as possible. I know however I am about to suffer tremendously. As soon as they take office my taxes will go up and my company will suffer thus my income will suffer. But I guess the government will take care of me, huh?
Dude, anti-god groups are just sinners who don't know or understand God and resist him. Most of them are just worried about one religious group using political power to silence or persecute another. I know many Christians who are for the separation of church and state. Not because they are anti-God...but because when religion gains control of government the results are evil. We have thousands of years of history to prove this. It takes a balance. I'm not talking about hanging out with the cats, I'm just trying to help you understand where so many of them are coming from. My aunt-in-law was the chair of the Ohio league of women's voters, and she is very liberal and devoted to the separation of church and state. But her husband is an ordained minister! They simply believe in an non-sectarian government that treats ALL fairly.

Our real enemy is Satan. We wrestle not against flesh and blood. You're allowing the Republicans to convince you that anyone who doesn't agree with their agenda is evil, the enemy, and anti-god. That's not the truth bro.

You accused me of imposing my own opinion into what you said. Bro...you're doing that to me too. You're accusing me of compromise and being anti-god just because I don't agree with your Right Wing Extremist philosophy. Bro...that's not right, you know it, and any honest soul reading what your saying knows it.

And I know you'll complain that you're taxes will go up. Honestly bro, you premiums will drop significantly. What you pay in taxes will be less than your ever rising premiums. So yes...your taxes might go up...but you will bring home more of your own money bro. I think it's pretty dumb for someone to say they'd rather pay out nearl $400 dollars in health care premiums every month over just paying out another $110 in taxes and a negotiated premium of $90. Bro...your saving $200 with the government plan! LOL I once knew a salesman who told me, "Chris, many people have a sign on their foreheads that reads, 'Rip me off.'" I'm beginning to believe he's more than right. LOL

Now...there is one aspect of taxation you will have to grapple with because the Democrats balance the budget. That means they are going to have to pay off the deficit that BUSH AND THE REPUBLICAN CONGRESS have racked up. So yes, you will most likely get a national health care option that will cost you less than the current plan you have. So you'll save money with that program. But the Democrats will raise taxes, as Clinton did in 92 to pay off the REPUBLICAN DEFICITS. This will strengthen our dollar and help stabilize markets, not to mention get us out of debt with China. Frankly, with the deficit the Republicans have run up it's obvious that anyone who would remotely suggest that the Republicans are fiscally conservative is brainless. Dude, they've racked up record deficits, and the value of the dollar is dropping and this is aiding to the inflation of the cost of living. So in essence the Republicans aren't raising your taxes...they are just making sure the money you have isn't worth as much as other currencies making it go as far as it could. Then Democrat or Republican they will have to raise some taxes to pay off the debt anyway. The Republicans are NOT FISCAL CONSERVATIVES. The Democrats are far more fiscally conservative, especially considering the Democratic policy of paygo.

The Republicans have been doing this since Reagan, rack up big deficits and when the Democrats raise taxes to pay Republican debt they accuse them of raising taxes. Bro...if the Republicans didn't spend like idiots...there'd be no need to raise taxes that drastically at all.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
The country that many long for is one where anyone who earns more then them in a given year is required to pay for their services. This is somehow justified by using various words in the bible concerning "the poor".

I always wondered at the reaction if legislation was proposed that ANYONE receiving more benefits then taxes paid, were forced to sign a "Thank You!" card that would be delivered to a random person who PAID more taxes than benefits received. I am sure the outrage would be deafening!
Bro...do you realize that those making over $200,000 dollars have far more tax shelters available than you do? Their tax shelters have increased greatly, meaning they find ways to pay less in taxes than we do. It shifts the tax burden to the middle class. I'd say the real welfare bums are the ultra rich who aren't willing to pay their weight in taxes. Besides, most welfare programs are primarily on the state level and reforms have brought the welfare rolls down to record levels. Right now the real poor of America are known as the "working poor". These are people who work, often two jobs who can't make ends meet because they aren't making enough money to match the cost of living. These are typically the folks who don't have health insurance because they can't afford it and you end up paying for them in higher premiums while they choose to pay nothing and declare bankruptcy because they just can't pay their medical bills. At least in a universal health insurance system EVERYONE would pay SOMETHING into the national program and all would be covered.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-10-2008, 10:09 PM
The LORD will fight for you

I always considered myself a Republican until Bush Jr took office and my whole perception of the party was shattered. I voted for Kerry during the last Presidential election because I didn't want Bush in office for four more years

His inept leadership has lead us to the brink of financial ruin. Our country has lost credibility and long term allies...the world that once admired us now has turned against us. The war in Iraq has continued to kill innocent civilians and members of our military while costing the tax payers billions and billions of dollars.

If it came down to McCain against Hillary or Obama, I would vote for the Democrat. McCain cannot be trusted and he has stated that he would keep us in Iraq for 100 years. We need to pull out of that country and take care of our own people. There wasn't any Al Queda in Iraq until we occupied that country. The Iraqis hate us because we have killed and displaced millions of their countrymen. Just think if another nation came to our country and did the same thing here!

Americans world view has been distorted by Fox, CNN and other corporate news media. My advice....go online and find out what has been going on in the world and particularly in Iraq.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 02-10-2008, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
You think what you want to think. There are muslims of all stripes just like there are so called christians. If you want to support Obama and cast your vote for him you are free to do that.

These really are frieghtening times- especially when even God's people can't see what is coming upon us
No...what's frightening is when God's people tell lies and propagate gossip and rumors.

It's ok to say that you just don't like the guy. It's ok to say that you disagree with some of his ideas and liberal Christian beliefs, I definitely do. However, don't propagate lies about people. We're supposed to be Christians.

Here's a good reason to vote Obama....I think McCain isn't going to pull it off, the Republicans have an extremely low approval level. So really our choices for President are Obama or....Hillary. Frankly, I'd take Obama over Hillary. It would almost make more sense to vote Obama just to make sure Hillary doesn't get control of the White House.

Oh, and for you guys concerned with universal health care...Hillary has a mandate requiring everyone buy a plan regardless as to if you get the public plan or the private plans that are currently available. Obama doesn't. He has more of an optional system where if you want it and can't afford it there's a national plan you can opt into. Or... you could choose not to have health insurance at all. Obama's policy isn't so expansive.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Brother Hall you are right about being honest about people I sent out a e-mail about this man I received without checking the info,all of which I repented over doing that.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I'm with you on the bolded part, but Bin Laden was responsible for those attacks and Clinton did nothing about them. That was my point.
Hey, I agree, Clinton may have been able to do more. But he was doing far more than the Bush Administration was in 2001. The Bush Administration reformed our anti-terror measures and replaced agency leadership with cronies. I think I remember reading about Clinton's accomplishments regarding terror in another thread. Maybe Clinton could have done more...but he did far more than Bush/Cheney Incorporated.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Brother Hall you are right about being honest about people I sent out a e-mail about this man I received without checking the info,all of which I repented over doing that.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for understanding what I'm trying to say. We can not like someone or their policies without lying about them. C'mon guys...we're Christians...not Republicobots.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Hey, I agree, Clinton may have been able to do more. But he was doing far more than the Bush Administration was in 2001. The Bush Administration reformed our anti-terror measures and replaced agency leadership with cronies. I think I remember reading about Clinton's accomplishments regarding terror in another thread. Maybe Clinton could have done more...but he did far more than Bush/Cheney Incorporated.
Yea he did more...like having affairs and oh shall we name the things... but hey if thats the type of people you approve of you go right on ahead now ya hear!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
I always considered myself a Republican until Bush Jr took office and my whole perception of the party was shattered. I voted for Kerry during the last Presidential election because I didn't want Bush in office for four more years

His inept leadership has lead us to the brink of financial ruin. Our country has lost credibility and long term allies...the world that once admired us now has turned against us. The war in Iraq has continued to kill innocent civilians and members of our military while costing the tax payers billions and billions of dollars.

If it came down to McCain against Hillary or Obama, I would vote for the Democrat. McCain cannot be trusted and he has stated that he would keep us in Iraq for 100 years. We need to pull out of that country and take care of our own people. There wasn't any Al Queda in Iraq until we occupied that country. The Iraqis hate us because we have killed and displaced millions of their countrymen. Just think if another nation came to our country and did the same thing here!

Americans world view has been distorted by Fox, CNN and other corporate news media. My advice....go online and find out what has been going on in the world and particularly in Iraq.
Bro....I was listening to Radio Netherlands a few months ago and I was shocked. There are entire news stories about meetings we've had with nations where those at the table nearly stormed out because we refused to honor treaties and previous international agreements. None of that made it to the media in the United States...none of it. But this program had excerpts from the meetings, statements said in interviews after the meetings, the works. Fox News, CNN, and the like are keeping the American people in the dark about far more than most could ever imagine. I listened to it for nearly a week in Canada. Good God...I was shocked out of my mind. There are other stories where corporations have been indicted in various courts for white collar and extensive environmental crimes. None of it in US media. I looked at my wife and asked her if we lived in America or some second rate dictatorship?