Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
SisBeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Keith, you are the perfect one to give Sis. B some advice on healing.
i think NOT.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith4him View Post
Hello, how many on here have actually taken someone through inner healing or healing of memories, I could be wrong but I am most likely the only one with the hand raised!

I am sorry, that everyone took my skepticism the wrong way, but it was due to the really awfulness of what this woman went through!

Just in case many on here don't know what I do in my bi-vocational job, I work with the worst traumatized kids in the nation. Every type of abuse both phsycial and emotionally including ritualized sexual abuse possible I have seen it and treat it.

Maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but I think there to be a limit was others do to fellow believer in the name of God and Apostolic faith, I guess I was wrong.

I do have credibility on these issues.

okay, so since you specialize in this field, what did you read into this that we who are not experts on this topic have not ?

what advice as a therapist would you offer ?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 AM
SisBeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
okay, so since you specialize in this field, what did you read into this that we who are not experts on this topic have not ?

he already ruined his place as a therapist by not believing the patient. end of story.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:40 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Keith, I'm shocked at your harshness here on this thread. WHY???
after all you've witnessed first hand with this type of thing?????
didn't you read how her sons turned out as a result to all of this???
that alone should at least merit some good godly advice in love

To everyone, do you remember a Newspaper that use to come out called " the Apostolic Trumpet" ????????????????????????????????
HINT HINT HINT HINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most extreme abuse that I have ever heard of, I hope this man and those that support him have been removed, and appropriate charges filed against them. That is what civil government is put in place by God, to punish evil doers, and this is among the worst.

The continuing abuse is that most will condemn the sons to "endless torture" in a hellhole of literal fire. Yet growing up in that context, how could they ever have a reasonable ability to embrace "truth". Thank God his mercy never ever fails.

BTW: Any "spiritual" leader that demands the key to single ladies houses, is a pervert, you can count on it. Also, I understand that this is rare and an extreme case, however it not rare to the families involved.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
SisBeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
BTW: Any "spiritual" leader that demands the key to single ladies houses, is a pervert, you can count on it. Also, I understand that this is rare and an extreme case, however it not rare to the families involved.
yes it was perverted. as i stated earlier there was alot unsaid. that i wont discuss in an open forum.

but no the goverment did nothing.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisBeezer View Post
i think NOT.
SisB...

Brother Keith is one of most open, caring and wise people you'll find.

The story was a bit overwhelming and hard to believe (I think we can all attest to that... it is hard to believe that anyone would be subjected to these things) and caught Brother Keith a little off guard.

You may or may not be comfortable with him giving words of advice. But do know that he is a good & understanding person and please don't think too critically of him because of his initial reaction this morning.

To do so would be to improperly judge who this brother is as a person.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Keith, you are the perfect one to give Sis. B some advice on healing.
One thing I could suggest, is for her to write her story down, don't leave out detals, highlight what she believed about herself while going through those things.

Then take out the word of GOd and measure/compare those feelings and thoughts of false guilt, condemnation, false identity with the truth of scripture. Re-write the story with God tellling you the truth!

For example:

Her story: He (pastor) came over and criticised me for the way I was dressed, (feeling and thoughts-I felt worthless, condemned, God must not love me)

The truth from God perspective: He came over and criticised me (the truth is he might know me, despite his (man's) rejection, God loves me and his burden is lite, I am accepted and approved by God because of the death of Jesus, no matter who critiques me or rejects me)

Let is sink in, pray over let God saturate your inner man with his truth. And by the way flee toxic environments.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:

See above!

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
SisBeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
SisB...

Brother Keith is one of most open, caring and wise people you'll find.

The story was a bit overwhelming and hard to believe (I think we can all attest to that... it is hard to believe that anyone would be subjected to these things) and caught Brother Keith a little off guard.

You may or may not be comfortable with him giving words of advice. But do know that he is a good & understanding person and please don't think too critically of him because of his initial reaction this morning.

To do so would be to improperly judge who this brother is as a person.
he may well be what you say, but as he could not accept me at face value, neither can accept him at face value. he was put on ignore long ago.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:47 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisBeezer View Post
he may well be what you say, but as he could not accept me at face value, neither can accept him at face value. he was put on ignore long ago.
10-4

Nothing more to be said on that subject.