Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Apo.Emergent Changers Catering to "WORLDLINGS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
You sure are ascribing a lot of negativity to this man of God.
LOL. All in good humor - Considering the negativity that he heaps upon those with a different viewpoint, I'd say he's probably used to it.
Quote:
I think you are over reacting here, and maybe even insulting to the writer's intentions.
The writer's intentions were clearly intended to be insulting. I had hung back earlier and didn't express what I thought to be the rather obvious family connections involved. "Crazy Joe" let that cat out of the bag.
Quote:
Honestly, what I gathered from the article was that he is urging that Pentecostal churches remain Pentecostal in worship and experience.

I would even take it one step further-- people should be able to tell you are a Christian in the way you dress. I'm not talking standards, but the Bible speaks very clearly about modesty.
The man accused his own nephew of conducting worship services "like... druggies." He then belittled the years of hard work this pastor had put into his congregation. That cuts pretty deep.
Quote:
The manifestation of the Holy Ghost in our services SO PRECIOUS! It is the Grace of God that allows us to experience Him in this way.
And would you like to hear what some of these hardliners have to say about your church and your pastor?
Quote:
Why would we want to allow anything into our churches that has the potential to take something so precious away from our services?
We don't! But there are those who will complain about every worship chorus that you sang last week and compare your style of worship with something "ungodly."

You are fortunate, JD and I don't know if you really understand how blessed you are. You've never had the "standards nazis" tear you down before entire audiences of people using insinuation and false accusations to try and undermine the good work that God was doing in your life or through your ministry.

Quote:
Music plays a role, and I am talking more than just preferences.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
The Bible does speak clearly about modesty.

The command for modesty is clear.

We must avoid legalism as legalism dulls the fire of the Holy Spirit in the lives of people.

With that said, we should be careful as we dress, to not purposely incite lust in others-- males and females. Individual liberties should not be stiffled by the weaknesses of others, but neither should our liberties be overtly offensive.

Even Paul valued his liberty in Christ.

This can be done, and should be done, with the leading of the Holy Spirit. If a person must be taught, it's should be in a way that doesn't stiffle individuality.

We were not created in the image of a robot. We were created in the image of GOD and He is very creative.
Well put.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
Acts Chapter 15

7 After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: "Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe.

8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.

10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear?

11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

----------------------------------------------------------------------- And later this was the conclusion of the Counsel of Jerusalem...

28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements:

29You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things. Farewell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't seem the counsel of Jerusalem had much to say about dress code.
And... there were athletes working out completely naked in public not very far from that spot.

They certainly didn't approve of that practice - but even within that cultural milieu no dress code is even deemed worthy of mention in their instructions to the Gentile Christians.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

And would you like to hear what some of these hardliners have to say about your church and your pastor?
No. Anyone who wants to criticize my Pastor and church can eat my dirty socks!

Quote:
We don't! But there are those who will complain about every worship chorus that you sang last week and compare your style of worship with something "ungodly."
The complaining is valid if the worship choruses sung do not help to create an atmosphere of true praise and heartfelt worship to Jesus Christ.

Quote:
You are fortunate, JD and I don't know if you really understand how blessed you are. You've never had the "standards nazis" tear you down before entire audiences of people using insinuation and false accusations to try and undermine the good work that God was doing in your life or through your ministry.

Dude, have you not read about ANY of the things I went through in Jacksonville, NC?

The First United Pentecostal Church of Jacksonville, NC is where I learned to pray and I had a WHOLE LOT to pray about while I was there!!!

I laugh now, but it wasn't funny being called "satan" publicly while it was happening.

That's just 1 thing.

Don't get me started!

I know all about lies, false accusations and such.

I truly thank God for my Jacksonville experience, nowadays.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
No. Anyone who wants to criticize my Pastor and church can eat my dirty socks!

The complaining is valid if the worship choruses sung do not help to create an atmosphere of true praise and heartfelt worship to Jesus Christ.

Dude, have you not read about ANY of the things I went through in Jacksonville, NC?

The First United Pentecostal Church of Jacksonville, NC is where I learned to pray and I had a WHOLE LOT to pray about while I was there!!!

I laugh now, but it wasn't funny being called "satan" publicly while it was happening.

That's just 1 thing.

Don't get me started!

I know all about lies, false accusations and such.

I truly thank God for my Jacksonville experience, nowadays.
Sorry, Bro. I remember when you posted something about that but I had been on a "sabbatical" and didn't really catch up with everything.

You are blessed now.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry, Bro. I remember when you posted something about that but I had been on a "sabbatical" and didn't really catch up with everything.

You are blessed now.

AMEN!!

Though I do differ in my beliefs now and sometimes that causes problems-- most of the time personal problems as I would never want to mess with anyone else's walk with God or with the sheep that God has allowed my Pastor to labor over.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Found this precious nugget of hooey linked at the Martyn Ballestero blog:

Howard, which of these "emerging" UPCI churches were inherited?:

http://www.sflighthouse.com/
http://www.yourjourney.tv/
http://www.alcplano.org/
www.nstarchurch.com

And Howard .... who in Pentecost, let alone planet earth, uses the word "WOLRDLING"?
Did you sign an affirmation statement not to contend to the disunity of the brethren? Why did you lie?

I know, Marty, I AGREE, we need his voice in Pentecost as a benchmark and fence in avoiding the wastelands of RADICALIST EXTREMISM and BEING OUT OF TOUCH WITH ANY SEMBLANCE OF BALANCE AND REALITY.
Whoever that is...he's one smart dude.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorD View Post
Whoever that is...he's one smart dude.

Kinda. Sorta.

But most definitely DIDN'T INHERIT ANYTHING.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Registered Member

Alright, this Brother has set me straight. No more "New Age Heavy Metal NOISE". I'm sticking with "Really Old Age Heavy Metal NOISE", like from a few centuries ago.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Away with all the CULTURAL TRASH.

Let’s get back to Holy and modest Church Services, and the preaching of God’s Word. Let’s please the Lord Jesus, by returning to HIS CULTURE.

Amen

http://howarddavis.wordpress.com
I can't help but envision the freecreditreport.com guys singing in front of his church.

"Me and my boys planned on singing in Vegas.
So why are we here singing for Howard Davissss.
This just isn't the bomb,
If only I'd checked my credit report..... On freecreditreport.com."