Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Re: A Sad State of Affairs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
I've read in Joel, I believe, where Solemn Assembies were to be called. Mourning... weeping.

We use to do this... ever so often we'd call a Solemn Assembly where the brothers would close themselves up in the church and spend as many days as we could (up to 7 days) in the presence of the Lord. No preaching, no debating, just praying until we were weeping in God's presence. No food, just presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice before God. Oh, what a time of refreshing. What glory would feel the building.

Afterwards, we'd have a 7 day revival. My how the power would fall! I miss those days. I miss that one-on-one fellowship with the Lord. I love (what do they call it?), corporate worship. But that one on one fellowship with God can't ever be replaced with the celebrations that seem to have become so popular..

No, Bro, you haven't lost it. Its still there... or else you wouldn't have posted such a moving message. I sense, and share, your longing.
Cindy Jacobs was teaching several years ago in Phoenix on weeping and travailing. The Lord spoke to her and said, "There is a curse on the men of America. They have always been told that men don't cry, therefore they don't weep and intercede before Me. They've been robbed."

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
just reading this has moved me...God please send us more weepers!
In 1 Kings chapter 18 we read about the contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal. We read about Elijah repairing the altar that had been broken down, digging a trench around it, arranging the wood upon it, cutting up the bull and placing it on the wood, and then he did something else. He had them fill 4 pots of water and pour it on the altar. This was in a time of drought. Two more times he had them saturate the altar, wood, and sacrifice with water. Then at the time of the evening offering he called on the name of YHWH and the fire fell. I have a handwritten note in my Bible here that says "Maybe the fire doesn't fall because the altar is not wet enough." I don't remember where I read that or saw that. The note's been there for a long time. Then, just recently in one of the magazines I get, Eld. James Groce wrote about 1 Kings 18 and he mentioned something about dry altars.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 03-31-2008, 12:52 PM
krawlinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I know how to worship..

I know how to Praise God...

I know what to say and how to say it just right so it pulls the cart the way I need it to go..

I know how to sing the songs and dance the dance...

I know how to laugh and cry at the right time...

I know how to clap and say Amen....

but in all I Know the one thing I've lost

I treasured the most

was how to weep before God in His Presence...

Just a thought...
Thank you for this post.

For about one year now I weep at most services. A deep gut wrenching cry. I feel as though as if I am connecting with the Lord on a different level. But I sure am glad, cause I sure feel cleaned inside and out when I leave a service.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

It just comes naturally(?) to me I guess, I have sooo much I'm guilty of before my KING, I can't help but weep that He saw fit, and still does, to LOVE me unconditioinally and forgive me of MUCH., sometimes in the car I'll be worshipping along with a song on the christian radio and the Spirit just wells up in me, and I have to pull over 'cause I can't see so well with the tears to drive, its AWESOME, nothin like it to cleanse a soul, to quench a thirst that the soul knows it needs.
I am blessed to be able to do this, even just simply singing a hymn here at home I cant be brought to my knees, weeping for, and because of, His GREAT mercies!
:
Old 03-31-2008, 05:04 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
You must be from Wisconsin.
LOL!

At the moment, yes, but I was born and raised near Chicago for 25 years.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

UNLESS one can come before GOD as a "broken" person, He cannot pick up those pieces and make one whole again..
REALLY whole.
Its learning to trust GOD enough to be "real" before Him, He is waiting for that!
AND longs to touch those places that are 'stony' and make them ALIVE!