Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:24 PM
God's Son

I like the suggestion of GC in St. Louis every year... Saves a lot in hotel expenses... There is plenty to do in St. Louis and surrounding areas... They may be able to turn a proffit... I believe some of the major denominations have their major conferences in the same place every year and not many if any complain. St. Louis is a central location for the United States, the Bible College could house some missionaries to help alleviate some expenses. The top enchiladas can stay home. The only drawback is the bigwigs won't get an all expenses paid vacation each year.

It's logical, it makes sense. I wonder how many would go for it...
Old 03-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

St. Louis is a great city. Resturants-sites-airport assessable. The wigs already there. Get the PAW to help sponser.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

They could sponser "Open Ring Night" with all the D.S. and the local pastors paying an entrance fee to go a 'few rounds' with whomever they so choose....
Old 03-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
Guy,

I was IN Louisville.

I remember the place was full.
I was there too. Freedom hall where they had the conference maxes out at 19k. There weren't 19k there any time that I was there. Actually, with the configuration they were using it probably would be more like 15K - and there weren't 15k people in the arena.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

This $25 poll tax is a great idea, and this is the perfect year to extort it from conference attendees.

With the television issue on the agenda there's sure to be a large number of ministers in attendance, and, if they can hold the vote over until the second day, they'll all have to pay to vote.

With the conference being held in reasonable proximity to Disney World giving pastors the opportunity for a church funded family vacation, if they attend conference, there will be another whole block of people that will have to hand over the $25.

The only way that this scheme could be any better would be if they charged by the pound instead of by the person. (At $1/lb, the platform alone would make a huge dent in the deficit.)
Old 03-03-2007, 03:50 PM

What's next literacy tests and grandfather clauses???
Old 03-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVIN View Post
This $25 poll tax is a great idea, and this is the perfect year to extort it from conference attendees.

With the television issue on the agenda there's sure to be a large number of ministers in attendance, and, if they can hold the vote over until the second day, they'll all have to pay to vote.

With the conference being held in reasonable proximity to Disney World giving pastors the opportunity for a church funded family vacation, if they attend conference, there will be another whole block of people that will have to hand over the $25.

The only way that this scheme could be any better would be if they charged by the pound instead of by the person. (At $1/lb, the platform alone would make a huge dent in the deficit.)

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)