Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-22-2024, 06:53 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: RCC is satanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Hislops history is very questionable. For example his 'history" on Semiramis and Ninrod us a mixture of truth and blatant inaccuracies
Hislop basically in a nutshell just made things up. If he could, he would have correlated the Nina, the Pinta, and the Santa Maria, as Columbus’ worship of a Trinity. Also the Butcher, the Baker, and the Candlestick maker as an ancient Trinity founded by Mother Goose.
Old 06-26-2024, 10:54 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I was taught that the Trinity was paganism adopted by the RCC.

If so, there are lots of trinitarians who are incorporating paganism into their version of Christianity.

And there are other religions that also have trinitarian beliefs:

Here is a list of triune deities in various religions currently operating today ¹ ²:

- Christianity: One God in three divine persons - Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (also known as the Holy Trinity)
- Hinduism:
- Trimurti (three forms): Brahma the creator, Vishnu the preserver, and Shiva the destroyer
Some interesting facts about the Trimurti (Hindu Trinity):

There is no "hindu religion". India is a "subcontinent", a very large area, with numerous languages and numerous religious beliefs. To speak of the Hindu Religion would be like speaking of the "Ancient Near East Religion" or the "Religion of the Fertile Crescent" or "the Religion of Europe". Hinduism is really a complex of numerous religious systems. They have many things in common but also many differences.

Now, the Indian religious literature consists of numerous scriptures, most impotantly the Vedas and the Puranas. The Vedas are the oldest. In the Vedas, there basically is no "trimurti". There are numerous gods and goddesses, and claims made that "god X is really god Y in a different aspect" etc, much like we see throughout the ancient near east, Greece, etc. It is in the later Puranas that we see Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva presented as a three-fold representation of Brahman, the Supreme Reality. Trimurti literally means "the three idols". And is usually represented by a god with three faces. The trimurti is not actually worshipped, rather one (or more) of the trimurti's aspects or personifications are worshipped. In fact, in Puranic religous ideas, the trimurti is often not even thought of as any kind of deity but as a representation of the three basic forces of nature, life, reality, etc (creation, destruction, preservation).

Now here is the kicker: The Vedas, older than the Puranas, do not have this trimurti concept. More importantly, the Vedas actually date from around the 4th-5th century AD. While they certainly represent older religious beliefs, there are no manuscripts (that I know of) going back older than around the 5th century AD. Meanwhile, the Puranas are later. The earliest reference to the trimurti that I found was I believe from around the 10th century AD (?).

So what does that mean? It means that most likely the trimurti concept was INTRODUCED into India. It certainly post-dates the catholic trinity. So the Hindu trinity may just be an adaptation of the catholic trinity, brought in via exposure to catholic beliefs during the late medieval period.

So I don't think trinitarian thought was introduced to Christendom from India. Rather, the opposite is more likely. Of course, it is possible they are two independent developments. But I suspect they are related, that catholic trinitarian thought was introduced into India. One thing about most Indian religious thought is its syncretism. This syncretism is of course prevalent throughout paganism, but is especially true of Indian religion. "Hinduism" (so called) has been known for simply adopting other religious beliefs and ideas into its own.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-27-2024, 08:24 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Elder

Would give me a few thoughts on

-Mystery Babylon
-The Babylonian talmud
-The RCC
-Ezekiel depicting the Spirit of God departing from the temple in Jerusalem
-How do we come out of Babylon today?
Stuff like that
Old 06-27-2024, 11:00 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Elder

Would give me a few thoughts on

-Mystery Babylon
-The Babylonian talmud
-The RCC
-Ezekiel depicting the Spirit of God departing from the temple in Jerusalem
-How do we come out of Babylon today?
Stuff like that
Apocalyptic Babylon:

Zechariah 5:5-11 KJV
Then the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth. [6] And I said, What is it? And he said, This is an ephah that goeth forth. He said moreover, This is their resemblance through all the earth. [7] And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah. [8] And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof. [9] Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven. [10] Then said I to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these bear the ephah? [11] And he said unto me, To build it an house in the land of Shinar: and it shall be established, and set there upon her own base.
"Wickedness" was transported from Judea into the land of Shinar (Babylonia), and a temple was built to it, and it was established, and set upon its own base (foundation). This is similar language as used in Ephesians when referring to "the preparation of the gospel", that is, being set up on a base or "preparation". So this Wickedness would be a religious system that would be propagated (propagandized) from Babylon, but it had its source in Judea (undoubtedly the wickedness of apostate Judeans). It is represented as being placed in an ephah, which was a measuring tool for commerce. So this spiritual Wickedness would be concealed within an economic aspect, would go to Babylon, and get set up as a religious system to be propagated.
Revelation 17:1-18 KJV
And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: [2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. [3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. [4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication: [5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. [6] And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. [7] And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns. [8] The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. [9] And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. [10] And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. [11] And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. [12] And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. [13] These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast. [14] These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful. [15] And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. [16] And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. [17] For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled. [18] And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.
Here, Babylon is a system that is both religious and economic, and which exerts influence over the nations. It is propped up (or rides upon) the Beast. We know from Daniel and other places in Revelation that this Beast is Rome (the Empire). So a system gets propped up by the Roman power which is Babylonian religious and financial, and which interacts with the governments of the earth to produce "drunkenness" among the populations of those nations. This system would eventually be destroyed by the horns of the Roman power (which, per Daniel 7 would be the powers or governments that grow out of the Roman Empire) as a result of God causing them to turn on her. This "world system" was profiting off of the persecution against the saints. It is also identified as "that great city that reigns over the kings of the earth". We know this isn't the city of Rome itself, because of this:
Revelation 11:8 KJV
And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
The only "great city" in the Revelation is Babylon. Therefore Apocalyptic Babylon is Jerusalem, because that is where "our Lord was crucified". So the Babylonian system that "rides upon" the Roman power is a distinctly Judean system. Which, as we saw in Zechariah, the corrupt political, economic, religious Judean system was transported to Babylon and began to be propagated from there. This is showing that the "world system" that would be put in place would be a Judeo-Babylonian system, which would eventually be destroyed by the nations that grew out of the Roman Empire.

The Babylonian Talmud:

I believe this is part of that "Wickedness" that was set up in Babylon during the Exile, that is, the "traditions of the elders" and the rise of Pharisaism. Those traditions of the elders (so called) were later written down into what is called the Talmud, and the Babylonian version is considered the authoritative standard for Judaism.

The Roman Catholic Church:

Considered religiously, it is the culmination of the apostasy warned about by Paul, Peter, Jude, and John. Considered politically (the Vatican power) it is the Little Horn of Daniel 7 that grew out of the Roman Empire and became the primary persecuting power against the saints. Relating to Apocalyptic Babylon, it is part of the Beast system that props up the Judeo-Babylonian world order.

Ezekiel depicting the Spirit of God departing from the temple in Jerusalem:

I believe you are referencing Ezekiel 9, 10, and 11? Here, the glory of God appears, a man is commissioned to go through the city and put a mark in the forehead of the faithful, and others are commissioned to kill the rest. Then the one who went through marking the saints was told to collect coals of fire from the presence of God (from between the cherubim) and scatter the burning coals over the city. Then the glory of God moves around a bit and leaves the midst of the city and settles on the mountain to the east of the city (which I believe would technically be what would later be called Golgotha?). Which parallels in many ways Revelation where the saints are sealed in their foreheads, an angel gathers coals from the altar and mixes it with incense/prayers of the saints and casts it into the earth. It is also parallels how the true glory of God in Christ left the city and "suffered without the camp" on the cross, indicating Jerusalem and its leadership had rejected God and been rejected by Him.

How do we come out of Babylon today?
Revelation 18:4-6 KJV
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. [5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. [6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.
To come out of Babylon means to come out of the Judeo-Babylonian system and not participate in it. It means to conduct one's life and one's affairs as a Christian and not as a partner with the evil world system. If one simply lives by God's Word, one will discover that one's participation in this world is really only incidental, just as Jesus' was and the apostles' was. "In the world but not of the world". It includes not following the Judeo-Babylonian religious system, and not following its economic system (basing your financial decisions and activities on the world's way of things), and not following its political system (basing your political activities upon the world's way). It simply means to convert and follow Christ as Lord and King.

One interesting point is that the saints are told to "render unto her double". Apparently the saints have a role to play in the overthrow of the Babylonian system. What EXACTLY that role is I do not pretend to know at the moment, but for sure it involves praying for the kingdom of God to increase and expand, for the great Change from worldliness to godliness to continue and increase.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-27-2024, 11:44 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Thank you!!!