Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Inflation and the Fall of the Roman Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I guess this means you didn't like my thread topic?
Oh no, it's a great topic. I tied in to the "bread and circuses" theme of the decline of the Empire.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-03-2022, 02:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Oh no, it's a great topic. I tied in to the "bread and circuses" theme of the decline of the Empire.
Ok. I was wondering what Brigitte Boisselier, and the Raëlians had to do with Roman inflation.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Thanks for sharing this article. It was very interesting. European countries, Russia, and China stacking up gold are sending the clear message that when the fiat currency fails, gold will play an important part in the international trade system.

It is obvious to me that it is just a matter of time. Western civilizations won't start the switch. It is a political suicide. They will be forced to. It will most likely come from countries getting more and more powerful, like China, at some point saying that they accept gold for payment of their exports, and eventually only accepting gold for those payments.

Changes like that would drop the dollar value tremendously, causing a disruption in the Western's economies, which is exactly why China and Russia want.

Have no doubt, currency stability is a weapon, and fiat money is the time bomb.
I have the feeling that in a situation like that, the Govt will prohibit anybody from selling or buying gold but only sell to them "for the cause". Or worse, they could force an exchange rate for national economy that makes no sense.

If I recall correctly, I think Cuba actually did exactly that with gold in the early years of the communist revolution, and now they have a forced exchange rate with the Euro and Dollar that makes no sense.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:55 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
I have the feeling that in a situation like that, the Govt will prohibit anybody from selling or buying gold but only sell to them "for the cause". Or worse, they could force an exchange rate for national economy that makes no sense.

If I recall correctly, I think Cuba actually did exactly that with gold in the early years of the communist revolution, and now they have a forced exchange rate with the Euro and Dollar that makes no sense.
The US already did that once before, back in the 30's. They forced everyone to sell their gold back to the goobermint; at a reduced exchange rate, of course. Though given that we're no longer on the gold standard, I can't see a reason for them to do it again. I'm not saying they wouldn't, just that I can't see a viable reason for it.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
The US already did that once before, back in the 30's. They forced everyone to sell their gold back to the goobermint; at a reduced exchange rate, of course. Though given that we're no longer on the gold standard, I can't see a reason for them to do it again. I'm not saying they wouldn't, just that I can't see a viable reason for it.
Oh wow, I didn't know that actually happened. Good to know. Thanks for bringing it up.

Regarding the part of your response I highlighted, I was thinking more of an scenario like this:

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this article. It was very interesting. European countries, Russia, and China stacking up gold are sending the clear message that when the fiat currency fails, gold will play an important part in the international trade system.

It is obvious to me that it is just a matter of time. Western civilizations won't start the switch. It is a political suicide. They will be forced to. It will most likely come from countries getting more and more powerful, like China, at some point saying that they accept gold for payment of their exports, and eventually only accepting gold for those payments.

Changes like that would drop the dollar value tremendously, causing a disruption in the Western's economies, which is exactly why China and Russia want.

Have no doubt, currency stability is a weapon, and fiat money is the time bomb.