Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: Today is...

When I became to others what I needed (big bro/father) this void was filled. I relocated over a year ago. There's no one here that needs me and I feel empty.

Anyway...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
My Wife and I were not blessed to have any biological children. However my phone beeped all day with texts from across the nation and phone calls and last but not least the wonderful remarks made by the church family God has given me. My Dad and I were not as close as I would have loved to have been. He and Mom divorced when I was an infant so I grew up without a Dad. We got much closer in his later years. But I always called him on Father's day and I miss doing that yesterday.
I didn't know that. I always thought you were a grandfather.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:07 AM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
That song comes to mind, something about a rich rich poor man.
Actually, I believe that song is called, "Poor Poor Rich Man"
Old 06-17-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I didn't know that. I always thought you were a grandfather.
In truth I am but not biologically.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
My Wife and I were not blessed to have any biological children. However my phone beeped all day with texts from across the nation and phone calls and last but not least the wonderful remarks made by the church family God has given me. My Dad and I were not as close as I would have loved to have been. He and Mom divorced when I was an infant so I grew up without a Dad. We got much closer in his later years. But I always called him on Father's day and I miss doing that yesterday.
Thanks for sharing this. It's interesting to know.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 06-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=kclee4jc;1260334]...the day I call my dad and have an awkward 2 or 3 minute conversation and then say "well uhhhh....just wanted to wish ya a happy father's day.." I really dreaded this FD.

Something cool and unexpected happened tho. I went out to eat with my pastor and his family after church. Bro Ballinger is preaching revival and was with us. I saw these two fathers in action..loving their family. Spent a bit of time after lunch talking to Pastor and giving him a gift we had gotten him from the youth group. I realized that everything that has been missing all of my life in the natural...God has so graciously replaced by bringing me into His church. I thought all day about how I went most of my life not belonging anywhere...but that God brought me into His church. I wept Sunday afternoon when I thought about how God had used various men of God in my life (especially my pastor) to mold me and give me a sense of affirmation and belonging. I also wept when i thought about how I now have the same oppurtunity to do that for other young men in our church that come from broken homes and the possibility of the chance to raise a child in the future to walk in the ways of the Lord.

This scripture resonates in my spirit today.

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.[/Q

So glad you're taking a bad situation and using it for an opportunity to do good, kc. Making good lemonade out of a lemon...Some young men will probably prosper because of you!
Old 06-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I became to others what I needed (big bro/father) this void was filled. I relocated over a year ago. There's no one here that needs me and I feel empty.

Anyway...
You've heard of being a Big Brother, just shut up and go do it. : ) You could change 3 lives, 3 days a week.