Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
mary

Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Thinking.
That's OK... I do some of that myself, sometimes...

you're thinking, I'm waiting...

We have several on here thinking lately... Been Thinking, Thinking.... have we had Just Thinking log on yet?

Wow, I'm bored today. Already cleaned house, and really don't want to think of going outside.

OK, Timmy, on that note, here's a question for you:
How would Jesus have described hell, do you think, if he had lived in Siberia or Alaska? As an eternal fire, or extreme cold and desolation? Probably still fire in my opinion, because if you get hypothermia you just stop feeling. But what if the description of fire and worms and such is not literal, but an expression of the worst fears of the people he was talking to?

The worm image, BTW, wouldn't make much sense to, say, the wealthy Egyptians, because with proper embalming their bodies are still preserved today. If they had been the audience, they could have seen mummification as a demonstration of their salvation and lower society's damnation. But Jews all ended up mouldering quickly, so it was something they didn't want to think about. Maybe?

Just rambling.