Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-28-2017, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

The Serpent Deceived Me! What Saith The Forum?

Some have considered this to be a defect while others have labeled it a strength. My brain has a tendency to collect and analyze data, and then my brain proceeds to analyze the initial analysis.

I was reading in Genesis 3:13-14 where the serpent deceived Eve and thereafter God cursed the serpent (e.g. crawl on belly, eat dust).

What was the correlation between the serpent and Satan? I’m sure there were a multitude of hosts that Lucifer could have utilized. And even if Lucifer embodied a serpent, why curse the serpent over something that’s not necessarily its fault?

Here’s what I found interesting.

I realize that Eve was created as a helpmate for Adam. In addition, the bible never indicated a female’s role of submission until after God pronounced judgement over the women.

Notice, God tells Eve in Genesis 3:16, "Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.” The women wasn’t ruled over by man until after the women was deceived by the serpent.

This causes me to believe that even though Eve was created as a helpmate for Adam, Adam and Eve were co-equal in authority prior to her being deceived.

Let us ponder this question.

Why would God impose submission as a penalty to the women for Eve’s disobedience if submission was already present between Adam and Eve?

The only method of introducing submission roles between two individuals is if there’s no submission role present.

If there’s no submission role present, that must concluded that there was co-equal authority between the two individuals until a higher authority established roles of submission between the two.

What saith the forum?

Last edited by BrainWashed; 04-28-2017 at 02:11 PM.