Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

I am so blessed

I was sitting tonight visiting my wife(who is my best friend besides the Lord)
She isn't suppose to be living because of a near fatal auto accident she had 3 years ago, but here we are in our comfortable home, our two dogs who love us unconditionally, I pastor a wonderful congregation of saints(most of whom are far better than their pastor) I have a host of friends across this nation. I am content and happy. My wife is a class A cook. We enjoy each other's company after nearly 32 years. I would rather be with her than anyone. The saints I pastor are so kind to us they have us spoiled. I am in good health. Just wanted to reflect on the good things God has sent our way I am so undeserving.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
She isn't suppose to be living because of a near fatal auto accident she had 3 years ago, but here we are in our comfortable home, our two dogs who love us unconditionally, I pastor a wonderful congregation of saints(most of whom are far better than their pastor) I have a host of friends across this nation. I am content and happy. My wife is a class A cook. We enjoy each other's company after nearly 32 years. I would rather be with her than anyone. The saints I pastor are so kind to us they have us spoiled. I am in good health. Just wanted to reflect on the good things God has sent our way I am so undeserving.
Bro. Epley, Thanks for reminding me as well. That my wife and I have been through some tough times. One of our son's has been through a lifetime of doctors. My wife is so strong, loving and just a great comfort.

Thanks for reminding me of the great things God has given to me as well.

Even the little dog who barks each night I come from work.

Nathan Eckstadt
Old 02-19-2007, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Thank the Lord ... for every moment ... brother Epley ... You are blessed beyond measure... My Mom and Dad had the same kind of relationship .... Live the rest like you're dying.

My mom would do anything to be in your shoes .... Dad went home in November '05 .... she'll have to wait a bit longer to see him again.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

Just had a preacher friend 46 years old to die after battling cancer 12 years or longer another friend lost his good wife. I want to appreciate what I have while I have it.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered Member

I am daily loaded with blessings both spiritual and natural. God has been so good to me.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Just had a preacher friend 46 years old to die after battling cancer 12 years or longer another friend lost his good wife. I want to appreciate what I have while I have it.
Quote:
I am daily loaded with blessings both spiritual and natural. God has been so good to me.
I appreciate this thread!

Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

This was the first thread I read this morning- what an uplift!!!!!

Thank you, Bro. Epley...my blessings are immeasurable.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
I appreciate this thread!

I do too, Elder Epley. Thank you for starting this thread!
Old 02-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:

Elder,

I remember hearing when the wreck occured, and we wept in prayer for you and your precious wife at the Bristol church. It seems like so long ago now.

God is truly better than anything. I can share in your joy as I look at my wife of almost 20 years. We have been through separations, nervous breakdowns, Pressures to divorce, bankruptcy, being without a home. But though the journey, Oh what a love he has aloud to be cultivated in our hearts one to another. We are forever knit together. She is my best friend. My hearts desire is just to grow old with her.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
Elder,

I remember hearing when the wreck occured, and we wept in prayer for you and your precious wife at the Bristol church. It seems like so long ago now.

God is truly better than anything. I can share in your joy as I look at my wife of almost 20 years. We have been through separations, nervous breakdowns, Pressures to divorce, bankruptcy, being without a home. But though the journey, Oh what a love he has aloud to be cultivated in our hearts one to another. We are forever knit together. She is my best friend. My hearts desire is just to grow old with her.
Hardships and trials are what cements the marriage much more than the blessings. When couples are forced to lean on each other and pray together.