Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
baptism, conscience, damnation, remission, repentance

Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: John3 and Romans2: Part2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
See? Legalism views sin as a disease rather than a crime.

Matthew 22:1-14 KJV
And Jesus answered and spake unto them again by parables, and said, [2] The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, [3] And sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come. [4] Again, he sent forth other servants, saying, Tell them which are bidden, Behold, I have prepared my dinner: my oxen and my fatlings are killed, and all things are ready: come unto the marriage. [5] But they made light of it, and went their ways, one to his farm, another to his merchandise: [6] And the remnant took his servants, and entreated them spitefully, and slew them. [7] But when the king heard thereof, he was wroth: and he sent forth his armies, and destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city. [8] Then saith he to his servants, The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy. [9] Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage. [10] So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests. [11] And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment: [12] And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless. [13] Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. [14] For many are called, but few are chosen.

Seems like Jesus answered your question. Here's another:

John 10:1-11 KJV
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. [2] But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. [3] To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. [4] And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice. [5] And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers. [6] This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them. [7] Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. [8] All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. [9] I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. [10] The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. [11] I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
Well, Don, I don't really see how you can salvage your teaching in this thread.

How about if we have a nice discussion about how you Canadians keep voting in Justin Trudeau? Can you ever get rid of him? Why do you all put brown gravy and cheese curds over French fries? Brother Michael Blume was going to mail me some in an envelope a while back. How does Poutine taste cold?
Old Today, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

I've shown that those who don't have the law, Ro2.12-16, respond to another law of God of sorts -- the God-given conscience. They thus demonstrate faith of sorts. Had these who desire to live right, without the law, have heard the Word, they would have placed their faith in the Word -- their heart demonstrates this when they respond to the only 'Word' they have, the conscience. Those who contend that these are living by good works thus demonstrate a willingness to ignore the obvious in spite of the facts - these have faith.
Old Today, 05:50 AM
Registered Member

Paul shows a time when those who haven't heard the law aren't condemned. Ro5.13. They don't have the sin they possess charged against them, not imputed. Why? Because there is no law. This shows the principle that those who haven't heard the law are not condemned by it. Where there is no law there is no transgression. Ro4.15. But these without the law will still stand to be examined by another 'law', their God-given conscience at the Great White Throne.
Old Today, 05:52 AM
Registered Member

Does God condemn babies who die not born again? Of course not. Does this then show an exception to the view that says any during the Church Age must be born again with faith in Jesus to escape hell? If you are like some on this thread you only point to the scriptures which say someone needs to have faith in the shed blood of Jesus and need to be born again. And choose to ignore the obvious: there are exceptions to the rule for those who haven't heard the Gospel as demonstrated by Paul in Ro2.12-16. Its a scriptural concept some choose to ignore. Perhaps these would happily send innocent babies to hell too?
Old Today, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Paul, in Ro, shows all as sinners and all as dead, needing to be born again. The Gospel is the only means shown by the Word to be born again, to gain new life. All who place their faith in the shed blood of Jesus, the lamb of God can be born again. Water baptism in Jesus name is the only scripturally shown method to be born of water, Jn3.5. Receiving the Spirit of God is the only scripturally shown method whereby one is born of the Spirit, Jn3.5. The scripturally shown initial evidence of receiving the Spirit is speaking in tongues.
Old Today, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

All who attempt to gain entrance to heaven by means other than that which God provides, the Gospel with its faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross, are attempting to make heaven on their own merits. This is legalism or attempts at salvation by good works, which will not achieve to provide the righteousness needed to allow entrance to heaven. The only righteousness allowing access is God's own righteousness, which is shared with us by the Gospel.

Nothing Ro2.12-16 says contradicts this, if understood as Paul presents it.
Old Today, 06:19 AM
Registered Member

These posts are found in John3 and Romans2: Part2. Anyone looking for Part1 can find the link under "Similar Threads" or searching for John3 and Romans2: Part1

Last edited by donfriesen1; Today at 06:38 AM.
Old Today, 06:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Well, Don, I don't really see how you can salvage your teaching in this thread.
How about if we have a nice discussion about how you Canadians keep voting in Justin Trudeau? Can you ever get rid of him? Why do you all put brown gravy and cheese curds over French fries? Brother Michael Blume was going to mail me some in an envelope a while back. How does Poutine taste cold?
The wedding invitation is the Gospel. Does the parable address the situation of those who didn't get the invitation? No. The parable and Jn10 speaks of those who hear the Gospel but choose to try to enter another way -- without the righteousness that God provides, failing.

Poutine is great when its hot. A word to the wise: people would refuse Blume's shipment. Send the envelope back to Blume for him to enjoy cold. (He's only 60 miles (100 km for Canadians) from me.)

Last edited by donfriesen1; Today at 06:39 AM.
Old Today, 08:15 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfriesen1 View Post
Paul shows a time when those who haven't heard the law aren't condemned. Ro5.13. They don't have the sin they possess charged against them, not imputed. Why? Because there is no law. This shows the principle that those who haven't heard the law are not condemned by it. Where there is no law there is no transgression. Ro4.15. But these without the law will still stand to be examined by another 'law', their God-given conscience at the Great White Throne.
Don, in my opinion, you don’t take the Bible as a whole. Your approach is still based up what you believe God should do. In Acts it speaks that there was a time which God winked at Man’s ignorance. But in the advent of Christ He commands all to repent. Simple.

Acts 17:29-31

Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.