Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Obama Not Serious About the Debt

What are Obama’s debt-reduction ideas? In a news conference he railed against the tax break for corporate jet owners six times.If you collect that tax for the next 5,000 years it would equal the new debt Obama racked up last year alone. To put it another way, if we had levied this tax at the time of John the Baptist and collected it every year since, first in shekels, then in dollars, we would have 500 years to go before we could offset half of the debt added by Obama last year alone.

Obama’s other favorite debt-reduction refrain is canceling an oil-company tax break. Well, if you collect that oil tax and the corporate jet tax for the next 50 years you will not yet have offset Obama’s deficit spending for February 2011 alone.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Re: Obama Not Serious About the Debt

He did say last week" we spent a lot of money we dont have" must be the Harvard thing kicking in. What a joke and its on us..
Old 07-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

I prefer a straight tax.everybody pays the same percentage, no refunds- like maybe 10%.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

wont work !
Old 07-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

it does in other countries.
why will it not work??????
everybody pays the same percentage.
most countries charge a straight tax. i have been over seas and every country I have been in pays a straight tax.
only the USA that I know of gives money back-why?
It was not always that way.
In the beginning we had straight taxes. no refunds. it worked.
offer proof as to why it will not work.thank you.
deafdriscoll
Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Simple we spend too much and it would take a lot more than 10 percent prolly like 40 or 50 percent we could tax all the millionaires and up 100 percent and it still wouldnt wipe it out.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/07/11/obama-in-2009/

Quote:
The Weekly Standard features an article about President Obama’s 2009 interview with NBC’s Chuck Todd during which Obama warned against raising taxes on anybody — even the rich — during a recession. I found the transcript on MSNBC’s website:
Quote:
Obama — just as 2006 Obama considered raising the debt ceiling to be a failure of leadership. 2011 Obama disagrees with both of them.
Obama is a hypocrit.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

I believe that people don't realize that you can take what he stated to raising taxes on the working middle class not the tax breaks to the rich folks. And I believe that was what Obama was speaking about. You don't raise taxes on the people that are struggling to make ends meet but you can eliminate the tax breaks to the wealthy folks. In 2006 Obama was right Bush was running our country's debt to an unlimited state where it is today. and two years has not been enough time to recover.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
I believe that people don't realize that you can take what he stated to raising taxes on the working middle class not the tax breaks to the rich folks. And I believe that was what Obama was speaking about. You don't raise taxes on the people that are struggling to make ends meet but you can eliminate the tax breaks to the wealthy folks. In 2006 Obama was right Bush was running our country's debt to an unlimited state where it is today. and two years has not been enough time to recover.
You are making 4 uneducated claims.

1 Bush's deficits even under a Democrat congress were much lower than today. Our binge spender Obama is unequalled in history.

2 Your are against the bible. God blessed Abraham. Libs say God is wrong and Abraham should have his stuff taken from him and distributed to people that didn't get blessed by God.

3 as an educated economist, less than two years are plenty of time to recover. You are wrong. Most recoveries are short and growth spikes upward rapidly. expecially now since we have record low interest rates.
Obama has pulled some stunts that interfere with recovery.

4 Most wealthy people were once poor. The difference is they SAVED money and spent less than they earned. Libs like yoursdelf want to punish people that were frugal and saved money to reward many poor people (people that can't make ends meet) that were wastefull. Just divorce alone is a huge factor in poverty. why should the rich pay welfare moms that don't work, divorced their man and can't make ends meet because of bad choices???

If a married couple loses one job, they are less likely to be forclosed than a divorced pair losing a job. God's ways are against the liberal cultures ways of thinking.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
Seascapes strikes again!! Blind and stupid is no way to go through life girl!! Should we point out Barwreck has tripled the national debt Coadie ? ah even if ya showed her in red ink she wouldnt believe>