Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-10-2008, 05:34 PM
Go Dodgers!

Loose Lips and Prophets of Doom

Do you ever get the feeling that certain posters...perhaps still here or not, actually want this forum to sink? Rather than engage in any topic they spend a lot of time focused on the woes of the forum.

Almost over night, as though following the instructions of some mad puppet master certain members were all repeating the same mantra almost verbatim as though being instructed to do so about how the forum is not conservative enough...and then flamboyantly walking out. Such drama sadly is becoming almost synonymous with Pentecost. It's embarassing really.

Yet the ONLY thing that EVER made this forum conservative was actually THOSE posters themselves being conservative. The Admin team has been attacked by both Liberals and Conservatives for favoritism....loosely translated that means "you are not helping us make this forum overwhealmingly liberal/conservative and we are unhappy".

But sadly some failed to remember this forum was always meant to be a place for everyone to come and post away, fellowship and enjoy the company of friends....even sometimes friends from across the doctrinal aisle.

If this forum is not conservative enough for you it is ONLY because conservatives decided to circle the wagons somewhere else. Same goes for the liberals.

Do I believe liberals/moderates and conservatives can co-exist together? Yes absolutely, but it is completely up to you. It has nothing to do with values and more to do with character. It is also a two way street. It has to do with putting up with opposite view points as well as not trying to grief others for their viewpoints with mockery.

Yet both liberals and conservatives have been guilty of intolerance and mockery. And then both look to the admins to back them up somehow.

Why not just discuss the topics and if you don't like a particular topic avoid it. Why read it then complain about the content? Just avoid it.

You ever hear of beating a dead horse?

This forum is not an exclusive club. It is open to everyone.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Re: Loose Lips and Prophets of Doom

If this is any way directed at me I do not want this forum to sink by any means.. I have tons of friends here and love everyone here... Disagree with some but love them still... I have not left so I am hoping this is not aimed at me however... I did apologize to certain ones that I feel I have offended that I did not mean to. If it is at me... Sorry to disappoint anyone but I am not gone.. just didnt bother posting most of the day because I have a house full of kids some mine and some not with a bad sinus infection and thought they were more important than posting

BTW just curious.. Who walked out? I havent seen anyone leave over anything really in the last 24 hrs other than to go to bed maybe????
Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Wow. I mean WOW. Great thoughts, Prax!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Actually, I have found nothing interesting to dialog, excluding why one step is heresy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Do you ever get the feeling that certain posters...perhaps still here or not, actually want this forum to sink? Rather than engage in any topic they spend a lot of time focused on the woes of the forum.

Almost over night, as though following the instructions of some mad puppet master certain members were all repeating the same mantra almost verbatim as though being instructed to do so about how the forum is not conservative enough...and then flamboyantly walking out. Such drama sadly is becoming almost synonymous with Pentecost. It's embarassing really.

Yet the ONLY thing that EVER made this forum conservative was actually THOSE posters themselves being conservative. The Admin team has been attacked by both Liberals and Conservatives for favoritism....loosely translated that means "you are not helping us make this forum overwhealmingly liberal/conservative and we are unhappy".

But sadly some failed to remember this forum was always meant to be a place for everyone to come and post away, fellowship and enjoy the company of friends....even sometimes friends from across the doctrinal aisle.

If this forum is not conservative enough for you it is ONLY because conservatives decided to circle the wagons somewhere else. Same goes for the liberals.

Do I believe liberals/moderates and conservatives can co-exist together? Yes absolutely, but it is completely up to you. It has nothing to do with values and more to do with character. It is also a two way street. It has to do with putting up with opposite view points as well as not trying to grief others for their viewpoints with mockery.

Yet both liberals and conservatives have been guilty of intolerance and mockery. And then both look to the admins to back them up somehow.

Why not just discuss the topics and if you don't like a particular topic avoid it. Why read it then complain about the content? Just avoid it.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 PM
The Eyes of the Lord

I like AFF, it's a cool place to hang out and be yourself. And not be attacked, on a good day.

I don't know about who does or does not want the forum to thrive. I aint da one!

I actually have much more stuff going on in my life to stress over it one way or the other.

I think that the purposes of forums is that everyone is allowed to be who they are, without fear of reprisal and persecution.

Aint nothing more stank than religious or spiritual persecution.

NO ONE should be persecuted for what they believe, whether it is perceived to be right or wrong.

This is America.

And EVERYONE is supposed to be allowed to express themselves freely. One form of 'censorship' inevitably leads to other forms of it.

Pretty soon No church or denomination will be able to worship, congregate, share their faith and beliefs and their viewpoints freely...in any arena...

Just some thoughts...
Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 PM
The Eyes of the Lord

But to address this who wants it shut down...I say this...

Don't worry about haters. Haters come with the territory. Saved or not. Apostolic or not. Rich or poor. Black or white....

There are haters everywhere you go.

Keep this place a cool place where everyone can be themselves and I 'predict' you'll be around for a very, very long time!

And I ain't even no prophetess!!!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post

....Wow what a great post...While I was reading in some parts I was thinking of "church" for "forum" and "admins" as "pastors or ministers"...Not in all cases, but some...Also, for "posters" - "church members"...Just some random thoughts here. Please don't take me to task for my ramblings. Some might even say "Some Mad Puppet Master" is the "Debil" and some of course would say not.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsBabyGirl View Post
But to address this who wants it shut down...I say this...

Don't worry about haters. Haters come with the territory. Saved or not. Apostolic or not. Rich or poor. Black or white....

There are haters everywhere you go.

Keep this place a cool place where everyone can be themselves and I 'predict' you'll be around for a very, very long time!

And I ain't even no prophetess!!!!!

Amen, Prophetess.... I mean Girlfriend!!!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about...

Old 04-10-2008, 06:13 PM
The Eyes of the Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneEyre View Post
....Wow what a great post...While I was reading in some parts I was thinking of "church" for "forum" and "admins" as "pastors or ministers"...Not in all cases, but some...Also, for "posters" - "church members"...Just some random thoughts here. Please don't take me to task for my ramblings.
My lady, I do believe your analogy is correct!!!

Whether we like it or not, these forums do represent the church....and unfortunately, the admins are I guess what you can call ministers...

God Bless you, Admin.

I've been there, and I know it is h e _ _!!!!!!!!!