Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

Wink The Florida Outpouring

Has anyone been watching or keeping up with the Florida Outpouring, with
special speaker Todd Bentley?

Friend of mine went to a couple of the services. Said they were awesome.

Todd Bentley is just a normal guy who God delievered from some mighty rough stuff.

I know when some people see him, they will judge him, cause of his looks. tatoos,piercings, gotee.

But anyway, my friend said there were people getting thier healings, and miracles in the parking lot, before they even got out of the car.

No show boating, just Gods spirit, moving in a mighty way.

Todd Bentleys website is FRESHFIREMINISTRIES.

OR UPSTREAMTV
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Incredible India

Re: The Florida Outpouring

I have been watching and praying what is happening there in Florida will happen here in Ca.!

They are having so many people show up they have had to change locations 3 times.

I have seen some amazing miracles happen, and a CBS affiliated news person showed up one night and received healing.

I know what you mean by Todd Bentley would not be one we would chose to bring revival to that area, just goes to show God doesn't need our permission to use anyone.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

The friend of mine that went, said he went to Tiger Stadium. Todd Bentley was praying and prophesing over thousands. He said he layed hands on over 4000 people, before the night was over.

And you are so right, about who God uses. We think we know, but we don't have the foggest idea.

I never have understood, how you look, or don't look annointed.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Incredible India

Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERUP View Post
The friend of mine that went, said he went to Tiger Stadium. Todd Bentley was praying and prophesing over thousands. He said he layed hands on over 4000 people, before the night was over.

And you are so right, about who God uses. We think we know, but we don't have the foggest idea.

I never have understood, how you look, or don't look annointed.
I hear ya! Well I am not going to say something isn't of God just because I don't like the way the preacher looks.

Since I have been watching I have seen many healing take place and miracles happen. Anytime anyone is healed they always glorify Jesus and acknowledge that He healed them.

I envy your friend, thank you for sharing what you have heard. I was wanting to hear a first hand account from someone who actually went.

So did your friend receive a prophetic word or healing? Did your friend witness any healings?

I would love to see people getting touched by God out in a parking lot! That would be amazing!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Wink Re: The Florida Outpouring

The main thing he talked about was that Todd Bentley, through God of course, was praying the blessing of impartation of gifts on him and different ones.

As far as what a preacher looks like.....Well let me say this. I will never forget about 4 years ago, at my old home church. We had a visiting minister come for a 2 week revival.

I was leading the worship that morning when this fellow walked in, and started coming toward the platform. I looked at one of the other associate pastors, and asked, Is that the preacher? Of course, in a shocked look!

I never enrolled in JCM, but I had several good friends who went there. I practically lived at the place, between 88 and 92.

All that to say this, you know when your around bible school, you have a preconceived idea as to what a minister is supposed to look like, and dress like.

The guy that was coming across the platform to shake my hand, looked rough! crue cut, and all! Looked kinda like Billy Bob Thornton in Slingblade.

Guy had on highwaters, necktie to short, old shoes, etc...

Needless to say, this guy became one of my good friends.

Trust me. For 2 weeks, I was in awe! This guy didn't just quote scripture from memory, he really preached the word.

To this day I have never heard a minister, preach that much conviction in a house. For 2 weeks the altars were full. With me, being the main one. Out of all the preachers that I have been around in this movement, he is the one that I wanted to be like.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Still Figuring It Out.

From the videos on youtube he sure seems to take a lot of queues from Benny Hinn.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

I believe in Christ's gifts and the ministry offices, but I am not sure about this guy. He seems to run with the same people Paul Cain and Ted Haggard did.

http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpr...gnited-events/
Old 05-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFire View Post
I believe in Christ's gifts and the ministry offices, but I am not sure about this guy. He seems to run with the same people Paul Cain and Ted Haggard did.

http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpr...gnited-events/
Whether someone 'runs' with a certain crowd or not God is using this one to minister to people. God will take care of who or whom he 'runs' with. As for me I see God moving and choose to believe this is of God. Lord knows we all have unsaved friends and even saved ones that are tied up into to a load of garbage. It just so happens that TH's situation was made public.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

I came across a few things on the internet about Todd Bentley and his visit from an Angel named Emma. This Emma was also seen by Bob Jones (who has questional beliefs himself - google him to see specifics), formerly associated with the Kansas City Prophets (google them as well), whom Bentley himself associates with and asked Bentley if he had seen her (Emma) yet. There is a video (which I haven't yet seen, just to be honest and up front) in which Bentley talks about this angelic visitation. I will watch it tonight when I get home from work and comment later. However, Bentley does see Emma eventually and speaks of manifestations of clucking and barking I believe (once again, i haven't seen the vid yet - I admit I only read a transcript).

As I said earlier, I believe in the gifts of the Spirit and the ministry offices as found in Ephesians. My heroes are T.W. Barnes, Nona Freeman, and Lee Stoneking, among others, who are/were great people used of God and the real deal. We will see more of their like in the Apostolic church as a sovereign move of His Spirit continues to move over the world and eventually America. Unfortunately, the false will also slip in as well, deceiving those that are followers of men and not Christ. I want and crave to see God move over an entire town. I love it when our churches are in the papers, on the net or in the news for something positive for a change (i.e. The dead man raised at Bro. Rex Johnson's church). I believe that because of their faith, people may have actually been healed in Lakewood. I am just wondering about whether or not it was because of Bentley and the actions similar to Benny Hinn (pushing down with catchers). I just don't want to see someone deceived.

In case you believe I write this because he is not "one of us" (Oneness, Acts 2:38, etc.), as a disclaimer I tell you it's not the case. I have friends and relatives who are/were of a different Christian persuasion that I talk to, love, and get along with. Men and women who have the Holy Ghost and love God. I don't doubt their walk. At the moment I doubt Todd Bentley and some of his beliefs.

Below is a link to several quotes attributed to Bentley. Do I KNOW that they are true? Not yet, but I haven't seen the video either. God bless you all.

http://pjmiller.wordpress.com/2008/0...s-to-consider/
Old 05-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFire View Post
I came across a few things on the internet about Todd Bentley and his visit from an Angel named Emma. This Emma was also seen by Bob Jones (who has questional beliefs himself - google him to see specifics), formerly associated with the Kansas City Prophets (google them as well), whom Bentley himself associates with and asked Bentley if he had seen her (Emma) yet. There is a video (which I haven't yet seen, just to be honest and up front) in which Bentley talks about this angelic visitation. I will watch it tonight when I get home from work and comment later. However, Bentley does see Emma eventually and speaks of manifestations of clucking and barking I believe (once again, i haven't seen the vid yet - I admit I only read a transcript).

As I said earlier, I believe in the gifts of the Spirit and the ministry offices as found in Ephesians. My heroes are T.W. Barnes, Nona Freeman, and Lee Stoneking, among others, who are/were great people used of God and the real deal. We will see more of their like in the Apostolic church as a sovereign move of His Spirit continues to move over the world and eventually America. Unfortunately, the false will also slip in as well, deceiving those that are followers of men and not Christ. I want and crave to see God move over an entire town. I love it when our churches are in the papers, on the net or in the news for something positive for a change (i.e. The dead man raised at Bro. Rex Johnson's church). I believe that because of their faith, people may have actually been healed in Lakewood. I am just wondering about whether or not it was because of Bentley and the actions similar to Benny Hinn (pushing down with catchers). I just don't want to see someone deceived.

In case you believe I write this because he is not "one of us" (Oneness, Acts 2:38, etc.), as a disclaimer I tell you it's not the case. I have friends and relatives who are/were of a different Christian persuasion that I talk to, love, and get along with. Men and women who have the Holy Ghost and love God. I don't doubt their walk. At the moment I doubt Todd Bentley and some of his beliefs.

Below is a link to several quotes attributed to Bentley. Do I KNOW that they are true? Not yet, but I haven't seen the video either. God bless you all.

http://pjmiller.wordpress.com/2008/0...s-to-consider/
You say this, but all the gifts of the Spirit people you list are OP's or were when they were living. You say that being 'one of us' is not is not the reason you write this but that is hard for me to believe. Reason is just a guess, but it seems that most of 'us' tend to automatically question the nature and motives of people that are used in the gifts of the spirit when they ARE not part of 'us'. Todd does not look like us which will cause MANY to question. Again this is just speculation, but I hear the samethings from my OP friends here. They do not trust him cause he looks different and not part of 'us'. We in this movement have to get over that. Benny Hinn is not even close to being my favorite, infact I am not even a fan and RARELY watch him. Benny is used in the gifts. He moves in them pretty well. That being said people can misuse the gifts which happens from time to time. I have met people that received genuine healings at his crusades. You might say, 'Yeah cause of their faith.' Yeah maybe, but it happend when he was the lead ministering. ALWAYS remember that we are not holy at all. ALWAYS remember that we are flesh flitters to God's Holy words. We are humans ministering to other humans on behalf of a spirit. Things are not always smooth. We make mistakes, but God does trust us enough to use us...does he not?