Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Casting out demons = salvation???

This may sound crazy but I just left a fast food restaurant after having met someone who has a website dealing with demons and busting them. I was interested in what he held as salvation. He believed all you had to do to be saved was believe. No repentance, no Holy Spirit, No Jesus Name etc. He then refused to discuss the bible scriptures concerning salvation and could not show me any. His main argument was that because he cast out devils that he must be saved. I took the chance of being knocked one when I told him I did not believe he was biblically saved. I had to. Here is a man who is going around from church to church and playing with a multitude of snakes. He was sitting down at our table telling us in the presence of our children that Christians have no protection against devils and that we all have some. Sorry but I disagree with that totally. Has anyone else encountered such a person? BTW he said that he was never able to minister to anyone like me who believed baptism in Jesus Name to be bible. He got mad and left the restaurant sadly. I did not mean to anger him but he sat there refusing to even look into the possibility that he may not have the truth. I felt all he did was focus on the devil hence the name d busters.etc.
any thoughts?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Incredible India

Re: Casting out demons = salvation???

I think he needs help-

We one time had a woman, that was baptized in one of the churches we pastored, get mixed up in a group that primarily focused on demon deliverance- they were like a catholic group.

Well they kept casting devils out of her, and she kept going back to them to be delivered of this or that.

She was already a little mentally unstable and became even more so after encountering this group.

To me, if he can not even stand to discuss scripture, could he possibly be oppressed himself?

idk, But you have to really know what you believe if you are going to be casting out devils. the devil is such a deceiver he can mess someone up really bad if they do not know what they are doing or do not know the bible very well. PLUS you should be under the authority of someone, a pastor, a bishop--if someone can not come under authority imo they have no authority!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
This may sound crazy but I just left a fast food restaurant after having met someone who has a website dealing with demons and busting them. I was interested in what he held as salvation. He believed all you had to do to be saved was believe. No repentance, no Holy Spirit, No Jesus Name etc. He then refused to discuss the bible scriptures concerning salvation and could not show me any. His main argument was that because he cast out devils that he must be saved. I took the chance of being knocked one when I told him I did not believe he was biblically saved. I had to. Here is a man who is going around from church to church and playing with a multitude of snakes. He was sitting down at our table telling us in the presence of our children that Christians have no protection against devils and that we all have some. Sorry but I disagree with that totally. Has anyone else encountered such a person? BTW he said that he was never able to minister to anyone like me who believed baptism in Jesus Name to be bible. He got mad and left the restaurant sadly. I did not mean to anger him but he sat there refusing to even look into the possibility that he may not have the truth. I felt all he did was focus on the devil hence the name d busters.etc.
any thoughts?
Was his name Bob?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
any thoughts?
No, I have never meet one as such. Several thoughts come to mind.

Acts 19
13Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

Acts 16
16And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Also having trouble finding the scripture of the man wanting to buy the power. I beleive it is in Acts also.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered Member

Other scripture is Acts 8
18And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.
22Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
23For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.
24Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the LORD for me, that none of these things which ye have spoken come upon me.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Matthew 7:6

Catholic priests have been "casting out demons" for years... and I certainly don't consider Catholic priests to be saved.

As a matter of fact, my pet chihuahua is probably more saved than any Catholic priest is.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
any thoughts?
My guess is he has a demonic spirit himself and that is why he can't be around Jesus name people. He obvisously doesn't know the Bible either and has no desire to know the truth. All this is based on what you said, of course, since I wasn't there.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

"His main argument was that because he cast out devils that he must be saved."

This thinking is prevalent with both Oneness and Trinitarian believers. Some believe because one can speak in tongues, they have greater truth or have a seal of approval for their other pet doctrines.

In my experience telling other Christians they are not saved rarely has a good outcome.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
any thoughts?
Sista?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
PLUS you should be under the authority of someone, a pastor, a bishop--if someone can not come under authority imo they have no authority!
And where did you read that in the Bible. I see all kinds of believers under so-called authority and they never cast out any devils and there pastors/bishops etc aren't either.
I was fed alot of this so-called authority/obedience/you gotta be under someone or else your not under proper spiritual protection or your cursed kind of claptrap for many years.....and church membership in the sense of "joining a church" or being a part of one local body of believers exclusively is NOT scriptural either.
It's these kinds of traditions of men that open up God's people to oppressive spirits. Officially joining a church or being "under somebody" doesn't make you free or more blessed or more effective in ministry or more "In line with the Word" than someone who you think is not under authority(whatever that means!!!).