Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 04-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Amenesty for Illegals

This is CNN reporting this not Fox.

http://d.yimg.com/kq/groups/17260182...e/ftc-vi26.wmv

This is unreal what is in this bill.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 AM
La vie est un voyage

Re: Amenesty for Illegals

Think I'll go to Mexico and benefit from from my tax dollars. Liberals have got to be sick in the head.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
Think I'll go to Mexico and benefit from from my tax dollars. Liberals have got to be sick in the head.
It is absolutely amazing isn't it?

How about the Permanent Temporary Visa's?
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post

I'm a bit confused about this video. Lou Dobbs left CNN in November of last year. How old is this video?

Dobbs was always outspoken in his position on illegal immigration. Even in the nest of libs that CNN is, he stood out as someone who wasn't afraid to speak their mind and even champion causes that the "dominant culture" ridiculed.

I'm curious as to where he's going to show up next.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I'm a bit confused about this video. Lou Dobbs left CNN in November of last year. How old is this video?

Dobbs was always outspoken in his position on illegal immigration. Even in the nest of libs that CNN is, he stood out as someone who wasn't afraid to speak their mind and even champion causes that the "dominant culture" ridiculed.

I'm curious as to where he's going to show up next.
I don't know I just received it yesterday. My husband said the same thing. Not sure when he left CNN.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
This was a bill introduced in May of 2007 by "Majority Leader Harry Reid, though it was crafted in large part as a result of efforts by Senators Kennedy, McCain and Kyl, along with Senator Lindsey Graham, and input from President George W. Bush".

Esther, if you took the 2 minutes I took to actually research this before you contributed to fear-mongering, you would have found that this is 3 years old and a non-issue now. You would have found out that this was a bill sprung from the Kennedy/McCain immigration bill of 2005, and strongly pushed by the current President at the time, George W. Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compreh...rm_Act_of_2007

http://usliberals.about.com/od/immig...ImmiReform.htm

http://www.joewein.net/hoax/hoax-lou...nesty-bill.htm
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisp View Post
This was a bill introduced in May of 2007 by "Majority Leader Harry Reid, though it was crafted in large part as a result of efforts by Senators Kennedy, McCain and Kyl, along with Senator Lindsey Graham, and input from President George W. Bush".

Esther, if you took the 2 minutes I took to actually research this before you contributed to fear-mongering, you would have found that this is 3 years old and a non-issue now. You would have found out that this was a bill sprung from the Kennedy/McCain immigration bill of 2005, and strongly pushed by the current President at the time, George W. Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compreh...rm_Act_of_2007

http://usliberals.about.com/od/immig...ImmiReform.htm

http://www.joewein.net/hoax/hoax-lou...nesty-bill.htm
And conservatives wonder why they get the label of fearmongers...

It's really unbeleivable at how one person will make stuff up to try and discredit Obama and then pass it around knowing that all the other mindless conservatives are going to hold the accussations made as gospel and never check out to see if they are true.

Last edited by jfrog; 04-21-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:24 AM
Banned

True. Research the crooked path for legal immigration then shake your head for the poor legal immigrants. The registration, tracking, biometrics, and fingerprinting would make the most hardline commie proud.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
True. Research the crooked path for legal immigration then shake your head for the poor legal immigrants. The registration, tracking, biometrics, and fingerprinting would make the most hardline commie proud.
Becoming legal is a long, drawn out, difficult process. It should be made easier and simpler. I see no reason for a person to have to be here for 5 years first, for instance. If a person comes into the country the *right* way, they should be able to start the citizenship process immediately.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 04-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

3 yrs for a spouse but you are correct. Becoming legal is simply a matter of getting the green card etc. I am however highly resentful that I have to register my address, send in copies of tax returns and other personal data, and bring my wife regularly down to USCIS offices for fingerprinting and photos (like the fingerprints are going to change or something?) always with a fee of course just because we did everything right.

Even if she needed or wanted some public service I filed what is called an affidavit of support and would have to repay the state or federal government for whatever she got. Immigrants don't get a free ride nor do families of immigrants get a free ride.

My family immigrated in the 1790's btw which makes me comfortably and 100% american. I was once a hard line conservative. The department of homeland security is worse than anything we were ever taught the iron curtain ever was. This is my experience. Unfortunately bush gave us this. I voted for bush and despised clinton. We were better off under clinton than we ever were under bush. Just sayin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Becoming legal is a long, drawn out, difficult process. It should be made easier and simpler. I see no reason for a person to have to be here for 5 years first, for instance. If a person comes into the country the *right* way, they should be able to start the citizenship process immediately.