Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Registered Member

Can we take a moment tonight...

There is a special need tonight...

I don't know how many have read the update in the prayer requests by Huffy and Vicki re their mom, Sis. Yohe.

Tonight at 10:30 she will be moved to hospice...

I've been where they are and it is not an easy thing. My daddy was in a hospice facility for about a week and then we took him home with hospice care until he went to be with the Lord three days later.

Vicki and Huffy need our prayers for strength during this hour and words of love.

Can we take a moment tonight and send our thoughts and prayers to where they are?!

May this thread bring comfort in the hours and days ahead...
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post

I don't know how many have read the update in the prayer requests by Huffy and Vicki re their mom, Sis. Yohe.

I've been where they are and it is not an easy thing. My daddy was in a hospice facility for about a week and then we took him home with hospice care until he went to be with the Lord three days later.

Vicki and Huffy need our prayers for strength during this hour and words of love.

Can we take a moment tonight and send our thoughts and prayers to where they are?!

My Aunt and Uncle had my grandmother with hospice care...I owe a debt to them I can never repay....taking care of her and waiting for her to pass on....
Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Barb, we sure can take a minute to pray about this. My personal opinion is that prayer and support should be the MAIN reason for this forum anyway. I know how very much everyone's prayers meant to me last summer.

Dear Lord,

You know what is happening with Vicki and Huffy's mom. We're grateful, Lord, to know that this fine lady has walked with you and counted you as her Lord and Savior for many years now. We know that if you choose to take her at this time, it will be to go to home with you. What a joy that will be for her. But at the time time, what a sorrow it will be for her family. So, Father, we are asking that you would wrap your arms of love and compassion around Vicki and Huffy right now. Give them the assurance that their Momma will not have to go into eternity alone. And that they will not have to walk here without her alone either. You will stay by their sides. You will be everything they need.

And, God, we're also asking that as their Momma is going thru this time in her life, you will be with her. Make this transition time as painless as possible.

You are so good to us, and we are so very thankful for your love. In your holy name we pray this. amen
Old 03-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

My thoughts and prayers are with them tonight and in the up coming weeks. I have not had this experience with my mother and father, but my husband had to use hospice when his first wife became ill. He has sung their praises to me several times. I think the care and compassion that hospice shows to families in crisis is an amazing thing. It takes special people to minister in trying times to a family. I am praying that Tyhuff and Vicki can find comfort in knowing that their mother will be in caring hands and that the Heavenly Father will wrap his arms around them.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

I went through this with my daddy. He was in the hospital for three months, ...We kept him until we just could NOT take care of him any longer. He lasted exactly one week after we had him admitted. We stayed with him 24/7 for the last three months of his life- I have never had one regret...

Oh, Lord...strengthen our friends tonight.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

I will certainly be praying for them during this trying time.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Absolutely we will call each of their names in prayer in the coming days. Seasons such as this are the toughest to weather but usually when we find God's faithfulness to be most evident.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:18 PM
GO CUBBIES!

The family is in our prayers.
Old 03-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Sister Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post

I have been here in this place also...three times my dad, my MIL, and my FIL...the latter two lived with us, and this is indeed a hard time...and I send love and prayers to the family!
Old 03-21-2007, 11:25 PM

I have prayed for all tonight.