Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered Member

Thumbs down IRS will tax your water.

H.R.3202 Water Protection and Reinvestment Act of 2009

4 cents per bottled beverage. cooking oils. Tooth paste and toilet paper.

Of course you do not buy water from Washington. But instead of direct tax, they will tax at the factory. That is like 50 cents on a dozen bottles.
This will expand the IRS as I also see the IRS will be involved in healthcare at several levels. IRS will tax you if you do not buy the mandated health insurance. The date on this is 7 days ago and I will track to see if it gets approved and signed.

Give your clever liberal friends a group hug.
I do not understand why they excluded bottled alcohol. It may be Kennedy is just being careful.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Re: IRS will tax your water.

I see stale fruitcake again. It's strange this only happens when I read one of coadie's nut filled post.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
H.R.3202 Water Protection and Reinvestment Act of 2009

4 cents per bottled beverage. cooking oils. Tooth paste and toilet paper.

Of course you do not buy water from Washington. But instead of direct tax, they will tax at the factory. That is like 50 cents on a dozen bottles.
This will expand the IRS as I also see the IRS will be involved in healthcare at several levels. IRS will tax you if you do not buy the mandated health insurance. The date on this is 7 days ago and I will track to see if it gets approved and signed.

Give your clever liberal friends a group hug.
I do not understand why they excluded bottled alcohol. It may be Kennedy is just being careful.
I thought the IRS was supposed to be only a collection agent for the government. When did they get power to tax?
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I see stale fruitcake again. It's strange this only happens when I read one of coadie's nut filled post.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I thought the IRS was supposed to be only a collection agent for the government. When did they get power to tax?
Law.

Other words for law include code
There are 17,000 pages of tax code. They do their own collections and under current new tax laws, they will collect for health care and energy tax also.
They do not sell water but will tax it and other products that enter waste water.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

There ya have it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yKdGWXTUG4
Old 07-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
Law.

Other words for law include code
There are 17,000 pages of tax code. They do their own collections and under current new tax laws, they will collect for health care and energy tax also.
They do not sell water but will tax it and other products that enter waste water.
What I am asking when did they get the power to pass new taxes? I thought the Congress did that.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What I am asking when did they get the power to pass new taxes? I thought the Congress did that.
Robert Sarvis
FreedomWorks
Jul 24, 1998 Capitol Comment 197 - Al Gore’s Hidden Phone Tax: Bad Economics, Bad Politics If you haven’t heard of the “Gore tax,” you’re probably missing an important battle over the nature of American democracy and the American economy. The battle has two fronts and the public is losing on both. On one front, the methodical centralization of power in the hands of unelected bureaucrats moves forward. On the other, the burdening of our economy continues.

Here are the details of the current skirmish:

For decades, Congress mandated that telecommunications companies ensure universal telephone service to the poor and to high-cost rural areas. In 1996, Congress passed the Telecommunications Act, which included a provision championed by Al Gore to expand the definition of “universal service” to include high-tech services, and endow the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with a broad mandate to furnish schools, libraries, and health-care providers with affordable service.

Since then, the FCC has filled in the details. Every telecommunications company must pay large sums of money into the Universal Service Fund. School districts and libraries then receive discounts ranging from 20 to 90% on all available communications services, based on the proportion of area students that qualify for the federal lunch aid program. The discounts are funded by the Universal Service Fund, and the entire program is run by the Schools and Libraries Corporatio

.On your phione bill there is a gore Tax. Oh he was mad when it wasn't folded into charges and not separated as a separate line item. Every land line has this "Universal" fee or charge which is a Gore Tax.
No it was never authorized by congress but dems seem to cheat and steal and get by with it.
It is a few dollars a month.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Hey Esther haven't you figured it out yet. coadie makes this stuff up . Can't you smell the stale fruitcake chocked full of nuts?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Hey Esther haven't you figured it out yet. coadie makes this stuff up . Can't you smell the stale fruitcake chocked full of nuts?
Light. I do not appreciate lying,.
It is not a false accusation on my part.
Your name calling tells us something is wrong. Maybe your pastor can help you. You need some self control.

I of course use Tax Law books for my tax information. The RBOC's resented being the tax collectors when this went into law. This thread is about tax. We are facing the IRS taking a little cut on water, energy, the phone and everything we connect to.

http://www.clintonmemoriallibrary.com/gore_tax.html

William Jefferson Clinton Memorial Library
We'd like to welcome you to the Clinton Library -- dedicated to preserving the true legacy of the 42nd President of the United States.

Bill Clinton promised as President that his would be the "most ethical administration in the history of the country.” As you explore the pages of this website, you can decide for yourself whether he lived up to that promise

Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996
Since 1996, Americans have become more comfortable with NEW TAXES!

Universal Service Fund
The "Gore Tax," which is now being collected (upon directive of the FCC) by telephone companies, began as a 5% fee (tax) on all interstate long-distance charges, which will, as AT&T is explaining to its customers, "give schools and libraries access to advanced services like the Internet."

The Universal Service Fund is a vehicle for maintaining universal service in the telecommunications sector. In order to support telephone service in high cost areas, this fund, which is supported by long-distance service providers, pays subsidies to local exchange carriers (LECs) in proportion to their subscriber line costs. Subsidy payments from the USF were started in 1986, and its initial eight-year plan came to an end in 1993. The Federal Telecommunications Act, passed in the Spring of 1996, called for major changes in the telecommunications industry. The act placed an emphasis on competition and deregulation, and included new rules on who could tap funds in the Universal Service Fund (USF). The act went on to include changes in how the USF could be used. The Universal Service regulations were published in the Federal Register on June 17, 1997 and took effect on July 17, 1997 - just in time for the "budget deal."

Phone Number Portability
My phone bill from Southwestern Bell contained the following explanation:
"The Federal Telecommunications of Act of 1996 required local telephone companies to initiate measures that permit customers to keep their local telephone numbers if they change their local telephone service provider while remaining at the same location. This capability is commonly called "number portability. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has ruled that the costs to provide "number portability" may be recovered through a monthly service charge."

If you have AT&T It is under universal charge or fee. We have called it a Gore tax for years. This is an illegal tax becuuse it is run through the FCC and they are not a txing agency.

(June 4, 1998) Battle lines are being drawn over the "Gore Tax" -- a charge on phone bills used to pay for the Federal Communications Commission's expanding universal service programs. The controversy is not presently over whether there should be a tax, but rather, whether the public should be informed about the tax on their phone bills. Fearing that such information could erode public support for the Schools and Libraries fund (the "e-rate"), FCC Chairman Kennard wants to stop phone companies from revealing such information.

Summary of Contents

MCI's Announcement
AT&T's Announcement
Chairman Kennard's Reaction
Commissioner Furchtgott-Roth
Sen. McCain Letter
Sen. Burns' Proposal
Waste, Fraud, and Abuse
Recent actions by long distance phone companies have heated the controversy. MCI Communications announced Tuesday that it will bill its customers for the contribution which the FCC requires it to make to support its universal service programs. This follows upon a similar announcement from AT&T last week. However, what has Kennard seeing red, is that AT&T and MCI plan to tell their customers on their bills what the charge is for.

Vice President Al Gore has been frequently touting the Schools and Libraries program as the Clinton/Gore administration's plan to connect every classroom in America to the Internet by the year 2000. In these election campaign style events Gore does not mention the $2.2 Billion per year "tax" which is ultimately being paid by phone users to fund the government subsidies which constitute the program. It is these speeches which have lead others to label the charges on phone users the "Gore Tax." (Al Gore's office did not return Tech Law Journal's telephone call requesting comment.)

Lying democrats call it something else but a tax is a tax.