Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

How are democrats for the little guy?

Someone stated here in a current thread that democrats are for the little guy.

I sure would like to take a look at some of these "fors" and disect them and find out just how "for" the current democrat party is "for" the little guy.

I would also like to look at some examples of how republicans are "for" the "big" guy.

anyone? anyone?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: How are democrats for the little guy?

Are you talking about politicians? If so, they aren't for the little guy, they just say they are. They're for programs and government. But mostly they're for themselves. Do you think any of them go without?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Are you talking about politicians? If so, they aren't for the little guy, they just say they are. They're for programs and government. But mostly they're for themselves. Do you think any of them go without?
well, someone made the comment. lets see if we can identify an actual example in the real world where that is true!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 AM

Here I will go first.

Not a democrat....

George W. Bush.

During GWB's presidency the working poor went from paying about 10% in income taxes per year to now not only not paying income tax, but they actually MAKE money from the IRS.

because of the the way GWB structured his tax policy, working poor will get a check from the IRS that is larger than the total they paid in for the year.

George Bush is a Republican but in terms of actual real dollars, George Bush was (in this case) FOR the little guy.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Dems are for the little guy. Robert Reiche is less than 5 feet tall. Labor sec or something under Clinton.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:14 AM

Here is another.

http://www.visualizingeconomics.com/...ass-and-rich/#

these numbers come from 2005 income data.

under GWB the Richest 1% made18% of the national income and paid 27% of the total tax bill.

the bottom 60% made 25% of the national income and paid less than 14% of the total tax bill.

GWB was very good to the "little guy"
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Forever Loved Admin

I do think some of them mean well with the programs, but it always costs money to support two families. Ours and everyone else's. I have a suggestion for our government. Let the Congress and Senate pay HIGHER taxes than everyone else. And have them quit taking bribes, er contributions.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Here I will go first.

Not a democrat....

George W. Bush.

During GWB's presidency the working poor went from paying about 10% in income taxes per year to now not only not paying income tax, but they actually MAKE money from the IRS.

because of the the way GWB structured his tax policy, working poor will get a check from the IRS that is larger than the total they paid in for the year.

George Bush is a Republican but in terms of actual real dollars, George Bush was (in this case) FOR the little guy.
That is flat out wrong!
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
That is flat out wrong!
We have a number of relatives with 4-5 kids who pay ZERO in income taxes yet still get their "Disney World" 6-8 grand "refund" check. But since it comes from the IRS they held their heads up high with the knowledge that they are not on welfare.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
We have a number of relatives with 4-5 kids who pay ZERO in income taxes yet still get their "Disney World" 6-8 grand "refund" check. But since it comes from the IRS they held their heads up high with the knowledge that they are not on welfare.
GE is the largest earner of income which pays nearly zero in taxes. 100,000 page tax return.