Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-17-2024, 12:25 PM
This is still that!

Casting out demons

Someone posted this on Facebook :

"I spoke to a woman of God this morning who happens to be social worker. She told me that when ever her clients tell her that they hear a voice talking to them . She will ask this question " What is their name ". She said in reality she speaking to that demon in them challenging them to speak to her . Now this is a example of how real social work is done in the Spirit. Don't try this without being properly prepared in the Spirit. Demons are real and they know fake Saints ! Most in leadership are quick to tell people to go and get some help from a mental institution. They also like to tell people to go and get medication. What happened to Saints casting out demons ? Is anyone in leadership teaching this ?"

I know several people who are taking anti anxiety meds and/or depression meds. I don't really know anyone who is going around casting demons out of people.

Taking prescription meds for mental and emotional suffering seems ill advised and dangerous. Casting out demons to solve the problem seems offensive on some level.

I mean if you are suffering from depression, Im pretty sure you don't want to hear you're demon possessed

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Amanah; 10-17-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-17-2024, 03:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Casting out demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Someone posted this on Facebook :

"I spoke to a woman of God this morning who happens to be social worker. She told me that when ever her clients tell her that they hear a voice talking to them . She will ask this question " What is their name ". She said in reality she speaking to that demon in them challenging them to speak to her . Now this is a example of how real social work is done in the Spirit. Don't try this without being properly prepared in the Spirit. Demons are real and they know fake Saints ! Most in leadership are quick to tell people to go and get some help from a mental institution. They also like to tell people to go and get medication. What happened to Saints casting out demons ? Is anyone in leadership teaching this ?"

I know several people who are taking anti anxiety meds and/or depression meds. I don't really know anyone who is going around casting demons out of people.

Taking prescription meds for mental and emotional suffering seems ill advised and dangerous. Casting out demons to solve the problem seems offensive on some level.

I mean if you are suffering from depression, Im pretty sure you don't want to hear you're demon possessed

Any thoughts?
If you are actually demon possessed what "you want or don't want to hear" is irrelevant. The problem is when people who are not possessed are told or convinced they are.

Psych meds are largely a form of witchcraft (poisoning and brainwashing) that don't actually help. And real demon possession isn't solved by counselling or discussions, but by power and authority.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 10-17-2024 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-17-2024, 04:23 PM
This is still that!

I see a problem with several friends suffering from anxiety and depression who don't see taking meds as an issue. People consider anxiety and depression a chemical imbalance that is legitimately solved with meds. I've seen discussions on the subject where people get really defensive about meds.

I'm guessing it's a spiritual issue, although I think demon possession is extreme and unlikely.

I wish I could address the issue with them but know they would be offended.

I'm guessing my spiritual discernment is lacking and the only thing I can do is pray about it.

Last edited by Amanah; 10-17-2024 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-18-2024, 01:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I see a problem with several friends suffering from anxiety and depression who don't see taking meds as an issue. People consider anxiety and depression a chemical imbalance that is legitimately solved with meds. I've seen discussions on the subject where people get really defensive about meds.

I'm guessing it's a spiritual issue, although I think demon possession is extreme and unlikely.

I wish I could address the issue with them but know they would be offended.

I'm guessing my spiritual discernment is lacking and the only thing I can do is pray about it.
People are going to be offended when they don’t want or need your advice.
Our job isn’t to cast pearl. Which we often do here. When the student is ready the teacher will come. I’m getting way to old to go round and round in a hair pulling contest with someone who is more than happy to live in their theological delusion. In religion (especially in the big three) everyone gets offended when their sacred cow is tampered with.