Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 10-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Welcome Azzan Thread

Renda? Did I spell that right? OK, here's the deal. I dumped on your "love" thread, I forget the exact title (a really long title, as I recall). You snapped back at me about my "Apostolic Wife". I was told in PM by NOW that you were up night after night tending to your grandchild and may had been a bit irritable. I can remember those days with my own 3 kids. My oldest is 21, so grandkids will be arriving in my life one day.

Since then, I've had some ridiculous, childish, and stupid vendetta against you. I am truly sorry if I dumped in your thread. I am truly sorry if I have offended you. Can we bury the hatchet and move on?

To NOW, I love you man!! You have been the most encouraging voice here for me. I miss your PM's! You were supposed to email me something and I never got it!

To Azzan, WELCOME!!

To the rest, I'm sorry I've come off as a jackwagon. I would use the 'donkey' word, but not sure if that would suit everyone's sensibilities, lol.

I have been in a very 'unstable' state lately, having not attended an Apostolic church in quite a while and am now trying to establish marital harmony by attending my wife's church on a consistant basis. Trying to live for God instead of Satan. I am trying my best, but that 'OLD MAN' keeps rising up, and I want to beat him INTO SUBMISSION. ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been witnessing so many messages/signals from God lately. Yesterday, some examples:

- A Menonite group was at our campus singing and handing out pamphlets. I went up and shook all their hands, saying 'Jesus is good!' They were grinning ear to ear. I was truly blessed by doing that.
- Went out with my best friend (not a Christian) for lunch and I talked to him about the Bible and God.
- Saw a member of my wife's church on campus, it is a BIG campus and I *never* see someone from her church here.
- Pulled up behind a truck that had a metal fish stuck to the back entitled TRUTH which was swallowing up some other little fish. I was like "AWESOME!!"

Then today:
- Went out to the same Chinese restaurant and a Pentecostal family was sitting behind me.
- And the best one: Opened my fortune cookie and it read: "The only way to have a friend is to be one."

I am currently listening to Tim Hughes sing "Here I Am to Worship" and have tears literally streaming down my face.

I am SO SORRY, folks. I am reading my bible, trying to live a spiritual life, but it is difficult. Satan still wants me. He literally has me in his grasp.

I want to avoid conflict, debates, strife, as Paul wrote, and just live for God and hopefully receive His Spirit one day.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Thank you, Jesus. Adam this blessed my heart.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Renda? Did I spell that right? OK, here's the deal. I dumped on your "love" thread, I forget the exact title (a really long title, as I recall). You snapped back at me about my "Apostolic Wife". I was told in PM by NOW that you were up night after night tending to your grandchild and may had been a bit irritable. I can remember those days with my own 3 kids. My oldest is 21, so grandkids will be arriving in my life one day.

Since then, I've had some ridiculous, childish, and stupid vendetta against you. I am truly sorry if I dumped in your thread. I am truly sorry if I have offended you. Can we bury the hatchet and move on?

To NOW, I love you man!! You have been the most encouraging voice here for me. I miss your PM's! You were supposed to email me something and I never got it!

To Azzan, WELCOME!!

To the rest, I'm sorry I've come off as a jackwagon. I would use the 'donkey' word, but not sure if that would suit everyone's sensibilities, lol.

I have been in a very 'unstable' state lately, having not attended an Apostolic church in quite a while and am now trying to establish marital harmony by attending my wife's church on a consistant basis. Trying to live for God instead of Satan. I am trying my best, but that 'OLD MAN' keeps rising up, and I want to beat him INTO SUBMISSION. ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been witnessing so many messages/signals from God lately. Yesterday, some examples:

- A Menonite group was at our campus singing and handing out pamphlets. I went up and shook all their hands, saying 'Jesus is good!' They were grinning ear to ear. I was truly blessed by doing that.
- Went out with my best friend (not a Christian) for lunch and I talked to him about the Bible and God.
- Saw a member of my wife's church on campus, it is a BIG campus and I *never* see someone from her church here.
- Pulled up behind a truck that had a metal fish stuck to the back entitled TRUTH which was swallowing up some other little fish. I was like "AWESOME!!"

Then today:
- Went out to the same Chinese restaurant and a Pentecostal family was sitting behind me.
- And the best one: Opened my fortune cookie and it read: "The only way to have a friend is to be one."

I am currently listening to Tim Hughes sing "Here I Am to Worship" and have tears literally streaming down my face.

I am SO SORRY, folks. I am reading my bible, trying to live a spiritual life, but it is difficult. Satan still wants me. He literally has me in his grasp.

I want to avoid conflict, debates, strife, as Paul wrote, and just live for God and hopefully receive His Spirit one day.
Cool
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 10-29-2010, 01:02 PM
My Family!

Quote:

Lol....I only tended to my cutie pootie one night and I wasn't irritable. It was just curious to me that you made the distinction that your wife was Apostolic - - but, later you explained yourself. I'll have to go back and read the posts. I'm sorry if I offended you or seemed irritable.

Do you Know that I Know that You Love Me - was the title of the thread.

Bury that hatchet before you cut yourself - - all is well and as much as I love the word vendetta (just looks so cool) - - I don't like anyone to have one against me, so all is well! I'm an exceptional nice lady with sometimes a weird sense of humor.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:23 PM
My Family!

Re: Welcome Adam

And.....welcome Adam!
Old 10-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

I am truly humbled by this. God is good. Christ heals. Destination Heaven. Love you all.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Thank you, Adam, for that post.

Don't be so hard on yourself.
You're frail and human like the rest of us in this group.
None of us are perfect here.

The perfect ones have separated from us and formed their own group so they can look down on us and condemn us while they discuss their moral and doctrinal purity, their advanced standards, and their apostolic identity.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:09 PM
Registered Member

Adam,

You are really, really hard on yourself. Relax.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 10-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

To Azzan, WELCOME!!

Then today:

What a great post!
I think we joined near the same time, so we're both new.
I relate to how you're feeling. I never felt like I could measure up to anyone's standards, never mind Gods.
I'll share what helped in my life and hope it helps you too.
It's obvious God is drawing you and you're responding, that's awesome and yes we have an enemy who does not want that to happen, but God isn't phased by that lowly presence, God is bigger, better and on YOUR side...so, you win!
Anyway, what helped me was this: I went to the Lord one day some years ago to say good-bye, (sounds silly now), I told Him thanks for trying to save me, but I just can't keep up with all the things that seem necessary for me to do, I'll never measure up to Your standards or any one else's idea. He spoke to me one sentence that changed my life forever:
He told me, "Love Me, love others, and I'll take care of the rest".
Well, that freed me of the pressures of trying to live up to being something and someone I was not.
Love Him, Adam, love others and let God do the rest. He's strong enough, big enough and has you in His sights.
You're going to be okay.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Jesus is the only Lord God

God bless you, Adam.

A few words of scriptures that have encouraged me over time I would like to share with you.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Psalm 27
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.

3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.

4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.

5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.

6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

7 Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.

8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.

10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.

11 Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.

12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

Be blessed Brother!!!
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)