Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Re: Christmas is pagan

Esaias,

You wrote:

Quote:
...you are committing SPIRITUAL FORNICATION, HARLOTRY, and ADULTERY against your Saviour.
Quote:
The apostle declared that participating in religious customs puts you in fellowship with the GOD SERVED BY THOSE RITES. The heathen customs are DEMONIC. Participation in heathen religious customs puts you in fellowship with DEMONS. Christians CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You cannot partake both of the Lord's table, and the table of demons. to put it simply, if you partake of the table of demons, you are cut off from the Lord's table. You cut off your fellowship with Christ.
Quote:
You CANNOT BE SAVED while continuing to maintain fellowship with demons, darkness, and idolatry.
And then:

Quote:
It can certainly be difficult to abandon long held traditions and practices. When we became convicted years ago to separate ourselves from pagan customs, it was difficult at first. Peer pressure is an incredibly powerful thing. We had to listen to relatives scold us for denying our children the fun of Halloween and Christmas. We had professing Christians scold us for not wanting to honour Jesus' birth. We were mocked and reproached. It took some time to wean our family off of these things. But by the grace of God we were freed from these pagan attachments.
Does this mean that before you and your family were "convicted years ago" you, your wife, and your children, were spiritually fornicating harlots and adulterers against the Savior, who practiced demonic heathen customs that put you all in fellowship with demons, making you all cut off from the Lord's table and fellowship with Christ, who couldn't be saved while you were fellowshipping with demons, darkness, and idolatry?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 11-15-2017, 07:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Esaias,

Does this mean that before you and your family were "convicted years ago" you, your wife, and your children, were spiritually fornicating harlots and adulterers against the Savior, who practiced demonic heathen customs that put you all in fellowship with demons, making you all cut off from the Lord's table and fellowship with Christ, who couldn't be saved while you were fellowshipping with demons, darkness, and idolatry?
Yes, and I thank the Lord for saving us from the vain conversation inherited by tradition from our ancestors.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 11-15-2017 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Esaias,

Man, that is pretty intense.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:08 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Yes, and I thank the Lord for saving us from the vain conversation inherited by tradition from our ancestors.
So, are you like the Jehovah's Witnesses who don't celebrate any holidays?
Old 11-16-2017, 06:17 AM
Banned

I'm interested in what anyone has to say about how the choice of choosing December 25th in relation to the celebration of Christ's birth was actually related to a calendar dispute and the ancient Jewish belief in integral age...because the date has little to do with paganism.
Calculating Christmas

The Story Behind December 25
by William J. Tighe

http://www.touchstonemag.com/archive...id=16-10-012-v
Old 11-16-2017, 07:20 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
I always knew he lived in Narnia and not the North Pole!!
Old 11-16-2017, 11:23 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:

Quote:
It's amazing you were ever saved when practicing such vile, evil idolatry.

Here's what it boils down to Esaias. I have no issue with you taking exception to the celebration of Christmas/Easter/etc. I've already stated that I have no interest in such things myself, so I can certainly relate to the sentiment even if I don't necessarily agree with your argument. Having said that, we're commanded to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling.

We must each individually check our spirits against God's and determine for ourselves if we're in His will or not. Don't be so quick to condemn your fellow brethren to hell for not being where you are. Paul stated that what is sin to some is not sin to others. There is such a thing as context.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok. Thank you for your honesty.

A follow-up:

Did this conviction settle into your hearts, and did the time of your obedience to it, occur before or after you received the Holy Spirit and were baptized in the name of Jesus?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 11-16-2017, 01:25 PM
My Family!

Is it time for a Christmas thread?