Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-26-2020, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Re: Covenant Apostolic Congrgations Intl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
The Church I go to, and the fellowship I belong to, don't have a strong position regarding post, mid, pre or prewrath. In fact, in my Church my pastor has allowed teachers to teach their view regarding the topic openly to the church.

I don't see nothing wrong with that, and in fact, I find it is a humbling attitude towards prophecy and its purpose for our life.

Preterism of any kind is definitely rejected.
Why?
Old 08-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You are free you criticize a doctrine I believe all you want. I would denounce bad behavior, and bad doctrine, but I do not attack and individual by calling it arrogant, idiot, lazy, directly or indirectly. That's judging people beyond what you should do, as they are probably misjudging at that point, and coming across as an offense.

BTW, both expressions I used are found in the Bible itself:

[2Ti 2:17-18 NKJV] 17 And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, 18 who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.

[Eph 4:14 NKJV] 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
Perhaps we'll have to chalk it up to differences in upbringing, but where I come from, telling someone that believes 'X' that 'X' is moronic is received the same as telling someone that believes 'X' that they are a moron.

So by posting your verses, are you saying that those who believe/teach preterism of any sort are overthrowing the faith of some by practicing trickery in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting?
Old 08-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Why?
Believing in full preterism is a salvation issue, as it affects Soteriology. Partial preterism has the danger of messing with many other doctrines and falling into full preterism as it introduces allegorical interpretation as valid hermeneutics, depending on what degree of partial you are. Partial preterism can also become a salvation issue if you go too far to say there is no more real biological resurrection (only spiritual).
I don't think the Lord will resurrect those are not waiting for him:
[Heb 9:28 NKJV] 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
The Church I go to, and the fellowship I belong to, don't have a strong position regarding post, mid, pre or prewrath. In fact, in my Church my pastor has allowed teachers to teach their view regarding the topic openly to the church.

I don't see nothing wrong with that, and in fact, I find it is a humbling attitude towards prophecy and its purpose for our life.

Preterism of any kind is definitely rejected.
Do you understand that pre, post, mid, and especially the Rosenberg Pre Wrath are all diameterically opposed to one another? Just flippantly allowing any of these views to be carelessly from a pulpit creates people like yourself. Confused.
Hence creating the mindset that the foundational 12 apostles must of also been confused about Jesus’ return. But, that’s not what we are talking about. I would of left you alone if you didn’t bloody the nose. By saying that we don’t have FAITH? Then you further the insult by saying that your crew doesn’t give a rip about any particular form of prophecy? That it’s just throw it all up in the air and see where it lands. Faith killing? Looking towards current events year after year getting everyone thinking that every time a world issue arises that we are closer to the end! But the world soldiers on, and more failed predictions. More prophecy teachers with egg on their faces. Dude, but the cream on the top is you can’t answer my questions. Why? Because you are the blind leading the blind. Right! The Preterist is blind? Right? But you can’t help them, you can’t teach them, your preacher can’t teach them. Sweet Jesus, religion is the biggest train wreck and everyone keeps climbing back into the turned over cars. Good grief
Old 08-26-2020, 01:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Believing in full preterism is a salvation issue, as it affects Soteriology. Partial preterism has the danger of messing with many other doctrines and falling into full preterism as it introduces allegorical interpretation as valid hermeneutics, depending on what degree of partial you are. Partial preterism can also become a salvation issue if you go too far to say there is no more real biological resurrection (only spiritual).
[Heb 9:28 NKJV] 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.
Christ was offered once? Animal sacrifice was continual administrated through a priesthood. As long as that temple stood they offered sacrifice through a priest craft. The system was still intact, with circumcision and temple customs.
Temple gone, priesthood vanished, animal sacrifices no longer being conducted even by those who rejected Christ. But, where are the physical lineages of Aaron? Or any tribe? Gone, no longer to be found, just like the ancient Hittite.
Jesus fulfilled it all by giving it to another nation a true Jerusalem.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Perhaps we'll have to chalk it up to differences in upbringing, but where I come from, telling someone that believes 'X' that 'X' is moronic is received the same as telling someone that believes 'X' that they are a moron.
No necessarily. People believe in things because of being taught that way, or because they were confused by somebody while they were not prepared enough to handle it, or also because of emotional things like community acceptance, or also to justify sin, etc..., and bunch more stuff.

I also didn't call the doctrine moronic. I said it is like a cancer, that sickens the body of Christ and destroy the faith of many.

Quote:
So by posting your verses, are you saying that those who believe/teach preterism of any sort are overthrowing the faith of some by practicing trickery in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting?
Believing something is different than active teaching it. Regarding active teachers, it depends on the intentions. We are not living in a period the apostles lived. They faced many "new" false doctrines from inside the church as people mixed stuff with existing beliefs that used to give them more sinful freedom. Today we face many "old" false doctrines coming into the church. We face a lot more people with good intention but wrong, than people with carnal intentions that are wrong.

I just hope few of you that believe in preterism reconsider what you believe, as that doctrine and the basis for it can truly shake your faith and hope.

Last edited by coksiw; 08-26-2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I believe in fulfilled eschatology, I speak in tongues, I believe in Acts 2:38, oneness of God, modest living, prayer and fasting, gifts of the spirit....

Why am I not saved?
Old 08-26-2020, 02:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
No necessarily. People believe in things because of being taught that way, or because they were confused by somebody while they were not prepared enough to handle it, or also because of emotional things like community acceptance, or also to justify sin, etc..., and bunch more stuff.

I also didn't call the doctrine moronic. I said it is like a cancer, that sickens the body of Christ and destroy the faith of many.

Believing something is different than active teaching it. Regarding active teachers, it depends on the intentions. We are not living in a period the apostles lived. They faced many "new" false doctrines from inside the church as people mixed stuff with existing beliefs that used to give them more sinful freedom. Today we face many "old" false doctrines coming into the church. We face a lot more people with good intention but wrong, than people with carnal intentions that are wrong.

I just hope few of you that believe in preterism reconsider what you believe, as that doctrine and the basis for it can truly shake your faith and hope.
Really shake my faith?

My faith?

You know that is your own supposition. If we can’t see that, then your words are only meant for you and your followers. Because we can’t see what you are surmising.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

That’s false. I have more faith now then I did in all those horsemen series. You better watch what you call cancer, while your waiting for a 5’6” Jew to come from the skies.

So are you one of those that believe Jesus is married to the church, and God is married to Israel? Then claim to be one God?
Old 08-26-2020, 02:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I believe in fulfilled eschatology, I speak in tongues, I believe in Acts 2:38, oneness of God, modest living, prayer and fasting, gifts of the spirit....

Why am I not saved?
The poster said that they see good points in a few eschatological theories. Pre Wrath! Hilter is reincarnated?!?!

Therefore the poster can only tell you but can’t help you.
You are lost, and that’s that. You must get an epiphany by God.
Yet while you are waiting for that to happen they won’t answer your questions they won’t teach you, they will just hope for you. In the meantime you can listen to them be concerned about current events. Wondering how they fit into the Bible. Good God from Zion