Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-19-2022, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Re: Meal prepping for the week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I’ve been gluten free for 10 years, coming from an Italian family that was hard for me to do. Within a couple days I noticed a difference with my digestion, and from that point on have been gluten free.
I need to lose a little weight, but I am Not morbidly obese. I do deal with some occasional digestion issues ( bloating and indigestion). I have been reading about the effects that gluten have on some people. I just wanted to see how my body responds. I have always ate a lot of breads and am curious to see how I will feel cutting it out.
Old 03-19-2022, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Did Keto for a while, but that is too extreme for me to be a lifestyle.
Old 03-19-2022, 07:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
You can find debunkers.on all sides for any diet you pick....just google debunking the carnivore diet for example.
Yes, you can find debunking on everything you and I believe. Google debunking the Bible, debunking Jesus. Whatever you or I believe there is a refutation. Fox News believes meat causes low testosterone? CNN hosted Bart D. Ehrman. But since you are a saint of God, have studied the Bible thoroughly you can see the flaws in his, argument. Since I have been a vegetarian. a vegan, my choice wasn't made by listening to a debate on the subject. My choices were made through considering health issues. Veganism didn't work for me. While my wife was pregnant and then while she nursed, Veganism caused major issues. But because we had too much skin in the game, and because we were hardcore devoted. We wouldn't question what was happening to us. We were taught to call them a "healing crises" or "flushing out toxins" but my lands, how long does that last. We were doing vegetarian to vegan for years. Sister, I know all the propaganda to defend veganism, because I used those arguments. The film Game Changers is like watching Peter Joseph's film, Zeitgeist. One is propaganda for veganism, and the other against Christianity. Bean burritos can raise testosterone? But the exact opposite is true, in males legumes phytoestrogens raise estrogen levels, causing hormonal imbalances. Sister, Game Changers isn't just challenged by carnivores and those on high protein low carb ketogenic diets.

An article in Men's Health Magazine refutes the documentary, calling it as wrong.

https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition...ie-fact-check/

Sister, all I am saying here is that I been there, I've done that, and it wasn't for me and mine. All the athletes who are vegans take supplements, the supplement industry does well with vegetarianism and veganism. Vegan athletes use creatine, also steroids, and testosterone. Game Changers failed to let us in on that fact. Sister if veganism works for you, then fine, I applaud every step you take. It's just not meant for everyone. The Bible doesn't have vegans, and it doesn't have strict carnivores. They ate plants seasonally. But what was mostly available all the time was animal products, wild or domestic. They're diets were low carb, animal protein diets.
Old 03-19-2022, 07:44 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Oh no!!!!
Study show diet with too much meat causes low testosterone in men
Diets with too much meat may cause health problems, low testosterone in men: study
Researchers said that they believed that high protein diets could cause protein poisoning
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/st...w-testosterone
Soy boys do NOT have more T.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Soy boys do NOT have more T.
I can't read the article because my computer blocks the website.

Is it about Tofu?

Is Sean Hannity a vegan?
Old 03-19-2022, 08:28 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Is it about Tofu?

Is Sean Hannity a vegan?
No. That the body stops producing T to combat protein poisoning.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:29 PM

Regarding an animal diet, I am of the opinion that the more important issue is: what you ate has eaten, than it is what you eat.

Meaning, eat meat that ate an all natural diet.
Like wild Turkey or wild deer meat, or a (unsprayed)grass fed steer that hasn’t been eating “distorted grain” or been shot up w hormones and antibiotics etc, or chicken that graze outdoors naturally eating insects etc., or even wild caught fish out of stream, lakes, rivers, ocean, as apposed to pond raised fish that eat man made catfish food instead of nature’s.

I say that, but then I turn right around and put down a steak from Cracker Barrel yesterday

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-19-2022 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:31 PM
New User

Quote:

Is it about Tofu?

Is Sean Hannity a vegan?
A new study suggests that having a diet with too much protein can cause serious health problems in men. This means that many low carbohydrate diets can have a negative effect on men's testosterone and cortisol.

Nutritionists Joseph Whittaker and Miranda Harris published their study in Nutrition and Health, an academic journal. The researchers compared the results between participants [adult men] partaking in a high carb diet and participants participating in a low-carb diet. In the low-carb diet, the missing calories were replaced with protein.

THE BEST FOODS FOR A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP

A new study defined a high-protein diet as any diet that was made up of more than 35% of protein.
A new study defined a high-protein diet as any diet that was made up of more than 35% of protein. (iStock)
For the study, a high protein diet was defined as a diet where more than 35% of the calories came from protein. A diet that was made up of less than 35% protein was considered a moderate-protein diet.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

There are two types of carbohydrates: complex and simple. Many diets recommend avoiding simple carbs and allowing for healthy amounts of complex carbs.
There are two types of carbohydrates: complex and simple. Many diets recommend avoiding simple carbs and allowing for healthy amounts of complex carbs. (iStock)
Lead researcher Joseph Whittaker explained that there appeared to be a connection with eating too much protein and having lower levels of testosterone, the New York Post reported. High protein diets caused a condition he referred to as protein poisoning.

This condition occurs when the body breaks down too much protein, which results in high levels of ammonia, which then become toxic.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR OUR LIFESTYLE NEWSLETTER

People looking to avoid carbs often try to replace those missing calories with meat.
People looking to avoid carbs often try to replace those missing calories with meat. (iStock)
Whittaker theorized that the reason why this causes low testosterone levels is that the body stops producing the hormone while it focuses on combating the protein poisoning.

There are benefits to eating a proper amount of protein, however. These include helping the body build muscle and feeling full for longer periods of time. Also, low-carb diets have shown positive results in previous studies and can be an effective method for losing weight, providing the dieter follows a healthy diet.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:34 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
I need to lose a little weight, but I am Not morbidly obese. I do deal with some occasional digestion issues ( bloating and indigestion). I have been reading about the effects that gluten have on some people. I just wanted to see how my body responds. I have always ate a lot of breads and am curious to see how I will feel cutting it out.
Bread isn't giving you gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Did Keto for a while, but that is too extreme for me to be a lifestyle.
I don't believe you.
Old 03-19-2022, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bread isn't giving you gas.

I don't believe you.
Sugar is in just about everything but fat. Keeping sugar under 20grams is what I was referred to as Keto and I did it for about a year. I lost down to my target weight and then my wife had are youngest 3 children. Diets are impossible with a pregnant women and crying newborns. I was doing good to eat anything healthy at all.