Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Maga!! Yeehaw!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
You are falling back on the OT now?
You mean, THE HOLY BIBLE, CONTAINING THE OLD TESTAMENT, AND THE NEW, NEWLY TRANSLATED OUT OF THE ORIGINAL TONGUES, AND WITH THE FORMER TRANSLATIONS DILIGENTLY COMPARED AND REVISED, BY HIS MAJESTY'S SPECIAL COMMANDMENT, APPOINTED TO BE READ IN CHURCHES?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-22-2019, 06:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
PO what do you mean with this post?
She means the same thing the sodomites mean when they claim homosexuality is no longer a sin, "cuz that's old testament."

Quote:
My understanding, under the OT Law, is that anytime a person is labeled as the offender and is charged to be "put to death", it is by stoning if not specified otherwise.

Not so in the NT.
Like I said.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Good grief! What is wrong with you? I belong to an Apostolic Church and this is NOT US!

What other people are espousing and acting on has nothing to do with the church of Jesus Christ. Good grief! You are watching too much news.
This is EXACTLY why women aren't supposed to be in charge, whether of the family or the nation or the church. Can't see past their own aprons most of the time, subject to histrionics and bouts of hysteria, etc.

Old 02-22-2019, 07:12 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
She means the same thing the sodomites mean when they claim homosexuality is no longer a sin, "cuz that's old testament."
Fearmongering and now lying. Good job.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Neither one. You think that because it's old testament, it no longer applies. Same as the "gay affirming" church crowd.

The only fear we need is the fear of God. Which is to hate evil, and every false way. Which includes Enlightenment humanistic egalitarian libertinism, aka muh consteetooshunul rahtz to be a criminal against God and truth and decency and nature itself.

Old 02-23-2019, 05:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
PO please tell me what you meant. What I'm actually asking is if you believe that the scripture verse in Leviticus would no longer be part of the New Testament doctrines.
Old 02-23-2019, 06:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Neither one. You think that because it's old testament, it no longer applies. Same as the "gay affirming" church crowd.

The only fear we need is the fear of God. Which is to hate evil, and every false way. Which includes Enlightenment humanistic egalitarian libertinism, aka muh consteetooshunul rahtz to be a criminal against God and truth and decency and nature itself.
I live right next door to Wilton Manors Florida

I'll tell everyone this is a problem with the United States of the Empire. The Ecclesia is the frog in the kettle. In time this isn't getting better it will become horrific. To the point of insanity. We 5 full blown homoseual churches. two supposedly Pentecostal (one has a female preacher). This whole thing doesn't go after old people like us, it primarily goes after youth. Strike at the root of the tree and you kill the entire plant.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:37 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
PO please tell me what you meant. What I'm actually asking is if you believe that the scripture verse in Leviticus would no longer be part of the New Testament doctrines.
Are you saying that we are still commanded to stone people for homosexuality? Love the sinner, hate the sin is the NT teaching, isn’t it? Should we be thrilled that gays are being hung anywhere? Is approving of murder our approach to sin?
Old 02-23-2019, 07:57 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Are you saying that we are still commanded to stone people for homosexuality? Love the sinner, hate the sin is the NT teaching, isn’t it? Should we be thrilled that gays are being hung anywhere? Is approving of murder our approach to sin?
Easy, me friend.

I'm asking you what you are trying to say? I am under the impression that the only Bible the early church lugged around was the Hebrew Bible Tanakh (with all the books). So, how did they actually see that verse? They actually showed love for sinners by kicking the sinner out of their first century communities put him out of the church 1 Corinthians 5:2, 1 Corinthians 5:13.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Deuteronomy 13:5, Deuteronomy 17:7, Deuteronomy 17:12, Deuteronomy 21:21, Deuteronomy 22:21, and Judges 20:13.

Interpreted by Jesus in Matthew 18:17?

Yes, no, maybe?

Loving people at the expense of what we actually believe is two different things.

Love the person hate the sin.

I can give hypotheticals but there is no skin in the game with a hypothetical.

So, how did the early church deal with the issue of homsexuals in the chruch? Did they wait for them to get an epiphany?