Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

I saw Jentezen lastnight on Tbn. That dude is amazing. I would love to meet him in person.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Urban Pastor

Jentezen Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
I saw Jentezen last night on TBN. That dude is amazing. I would love to meet him in person.
Did he say ANYTHING about taking the church in California? He is a great man and an INCREDIBLE PREACHER!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Did he say ANYTHING about taking the church in California? He is a great man and an INCREDIBLE PREACHER!
You know I got on it alittle late so I missed the beginning. I am not sure. I did see him on Daystar the day before and Marcus was talking about being in the Divine grip of God and Jentezen said somthing like, "like I am trying to do now." I am not sure if it were mentioned on Daystar or on TBN although I was glued to the rest of the TBN broadcast and he never mentioned it.

Justin Tullock
Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Urban Pastor

I know that Marcus asked him and he said he was not able to talk about it right now - some in the church in CA are fighting him coming there. I really don't know HOW he can do it. That commute will get OLD FAST!!!!!!!
Sunday morning - 9 & 11 AM - Free Chapel Gainesville, GA - 6 PM - Free Chapel - Orange County, California! Man - that is just TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!! He wants to do Sunday night and Tuesday nights in OC and then fly back and preach Wednesdays in Gainesville. He rarely preaches Wednesdays in Gainesville NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

I like JF. Been watching his messages on StreamingFaith.com the past couple days. I've been very impressed by what I've seen and heard from him. I'm glad to hear of the influence from apostolics and the kind things he's said about the Manguns and Tenneys from the UPC.

I'm sure he's taken counsel from other men concerning the California church, and I have no doubt he's prayed about it for a while.

I don't feel comfortable about it myself.

The reason being his family. I grew up in a pastors home, and it was no where near the size or popularity of JF's . . . even so, it was hard to have family time.

I bet it's hard enough for his wife and five children to share him with Free Chapel, TBN shows and conferences he travels around to preach at. But now to add another church . . . one that's hundreds of miles across the country.

The priority isn't right here.

It's, God. Family. Ministry.

Not, God. Ministry. Family.

I worry about the consequences of this decision, though I'm praying it works out and he and his family is blessed.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Urban Pastor

I know a couple of his teen girls are traveling with him right now so he can keep a tight leash on them - I feel for him - Three Teens plus the younger two right now - God help him!
Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I know a couple of his teen girls are traveling with him right now so he can keep a tight leash on them - I feel for him - Three Teens plus the younger two right now - God help him!
That is tough! Hey any word on the prayer of salvation thing he does? Is there any headway you know of that will move from just a simple prayer of salvation thing?
Old 06-19-2007, 11:32 AM
PentcstlGyrl83

Hello

Hi all, I am new to this bulletin board. I just want to say something in regards to this news.

Pastor Franklin was my husband and I's pastor for almost two years. He actually married us, and I say that humbly. Pastor Franklin knows what God has called him to do, and there is nothing we can do stop what God has in store for Free Chapel. Like I said, I was a member there for almost two years. My husband and I were close to him and his family. Instead of dissing or allowing Satan to get involved in this, why don't you pray for this man of God for strength? I think what Pastor is doing is a great work of God. I believe Pastor Franklin knows what's best interest for him and his family.

He is a faithful man to his wife, and his wife - Cherise - supports him in this matter. I volunteered in the church bookstore for a year and a half. I also volunteered for the Foward 05 and 06 conferences. I know where his heart lies within all of this. I know a lot of people who would appreciate Pastor in doing this effort. There's nothing wrong with what he is doing. Especially if God has called him to do it. Pastor Franklin does NOTHING outside the will of God. He's a man of integrity and humility.

He wouldn't be doing this if it weren't God's will. Again, I really recommend everyone just to pray for him and his new endeavor. God has a true hand in this.

Blessings!
Old 07-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pastor Jentezen Franklin now Senior Pastor in

he has alot of good points. to bad he not in TRUTH. ACTS 2;38
Old 07-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pastor Jentezen Franklin now Senior Pastor in

People THIS IS NOT NEW. A lot of other pastors have done this. Larry Lea had his church in Rockwall and commuted to Tulsa thru the week. I personally know a pastor who did Sunday mornings in NC and Sunday nights in FL and he flew commercial.
Bishop Morton is constantly back and forth between Atlanta, and New Orleans.

JF preached the best sermon I HAVE EVER HEARD on the priesthood of Jesus Christ. It would make a oneness beliver shout about the goodness of our Lord.

A few years ago he changed "style" and appeared to go after the youth generation. (I don't fight it, but he does not speak to me like he did at one time). If he can get some kids "prayed thru" and off drugs etc. MORE POWER TO HIM.

AND he is a major voice in teaching on FASTING. None of the TBN/charismatic crowd does that anymore. Any man that stirs people to Fasting and prayer cannot be all bad!!