Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
She's wonderful! I seen her the week before last when I went to Gramp & Nan's.. It's amazing how Murray had a stroke just a few months ago and he's still one of the first on his feet, though sometimes steady, and one of the first with his hands raised!
I was just sitting here re-reading the letter she sent.

She was telling me about the stroke and all. I had no idea that had happened to Bro. Urquhart! It's been very hard on them both.

She was one of the women you notice. Like Sis. Stickles (another of my heroes ). Such honourable, faithful, beautiful women of God. True ladies!

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 04-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Out of the many people I know, I'd probably say Auntie Evelyn is one that is dignified. By true lady, you're right.

By the way, hi.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Out of the many people I know, I'd probably say Auntie Evelyn is one that is dignified. By true lady, you're right.

By the way, hi.
Hi!

"Dignified". Perfect description! And beautiful too. I always thought she was a beautiful lady.

She was telling me that last year Murray turned 86 and that much of that Fall he helped a neighbor build a 2 story barn style garage for a sail boat. At 86!

I'm just so sorry about the stroke and how it's affected him. And apparently he hasn't been well lately - has other issues he's dealing with physically as well. When we come home this summer/fall, we're definitely going to drop by and visit.

It's so nice to get letters like this knowing that we're missed and thought of and prayed for. She told me that she felt so impressed to pray for me - that I'd been on her mind. It's so reassuring to know that people care!

Old 04-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Hi!

"Dignified". Perfect description! And beautiful too. I always thought she was a beautiful lady.

She was telling me that last year Murray turned 86 and that much of that Fall he helped a neighbor build a 2 story barn style garage for a sail boat. At 86!

I'm just so sorry about the stroke and how it's affected him. And apparently he hasn't been well lately - has other issues he's dealing with physically as well. When we come home this summer/fall, we're definitely going to drop by and visit.

It's so nice to get letters like this knowing that we're missed and thought of and prayed for. She told me that she felt so impressed to pray for me - that I'd been on her mind. It's so reassuring to know that people care!

Bro. Urguhart reminds me of my dad, who lived to be 95, but when he was in his early 80's he was working alongside his pastor who was also a mason, mixing cement and carrying bricks and cement up ladders.

The Urguharts are among the list of people in my life who I consider quality people with true Christian integrity. They have always inspired me and been a great encouragement to us through the years.

We pray that he recovers and gets to enjoy, along with his lovely wife that new home of theirs for years to come.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
Proably the banks would be closed as well eh.
I think so. Myself and the vast majority of workers are at work.
Oh, and the Schools are closed as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Have a great Easter week-end from Sea to shining Sea!
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
Have a great Easter week-end from Sea to shining Sea!
Triple E, How's life in the "Hub" city? Are you enjoying it there? We should try to get together for a coffee when we come home this summer.

Do you have a Good Friday service?
Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
Triple E, How's life in the "Hub" city? Are you enjoying it there? We should try to get together for a coffee when we come home this summer.

Do you have a Good Friday service?
We are having a Good Friday Communion service tonight , first time I've done it on Good-Friday,Usually we have communion on the Easter Sunday!

When will you be home ? We will be in the capital city of "la belle province" the end of August.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Blessed View Post
Triple E, How's life in the "Hub" city? Are you enjoying it there?
Yes we love it here and things are going great,we are beginning bilingual services (1/month) and are believing God for a great revival in this city and along our Eastern coastline!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
We are having a Good Friday Communion service tonight , first time I've done it on Good-Friday,Usually we have communion on the Easter Sunday!

When will you be home ? We will be in the capital city of "la belle province" the end of August.
We haven't decided whether to come home in the Summer or Fall. Right now I'm favouring Fall.

My mom would like for me to come home and spend a month and then TB come later. I'd love to do that. I'm thinking about it.