Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Banned

Re: Oneness is NOT a cult!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Finis Dake, known for the Dake Bible, taught that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost each have a body, soul, and spirit.
I did not know that! Just when I thought I knew everything, something else comes along.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Firmly Planted in Christ

Not officially until someone starts a new religion called, "Oneness." Right now it's just a doctrine...
Old 06-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Finis Dake, known for the Dake Bible, taught that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost each have a body, soul, and spirit.
I have a Dake's Annotated Reference Bible which consists of the New Testament plus Daniel, Psalms, and Proverbs. It has a copyright of 1961.

On page 280, there are several notes on "the Trinity"
I'll only include a few here to give you the sense of what this man is teaching. The Dake Bible is still used by some. If I remember correctly, Finis Dake was an Assembly of God minister and taught in an Assembly of God Bible School or college.

The Trinty -18 fallacies
1. that there is only one person or one being called God
2. That there is a difference in meaning of three human persons and three divine persons
3. That the terms Father, Son and Holy Ghost refer to three manifestations of one person or one being
5. That God consists of three persons in one person or three beings in one being.
6. That the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are essential parts of one being, just as man is made up of body, soul, and spirit
10. That God has no body, bodily parts, or passions like human beings --nothing of a bodily nature
11. That God is invisible reality and cannot be seen by natural eyes
17. That Jesus Christ is the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost
18. That Jesus is the one God and Jehovah of the O.T.

Later on that page he describes the trinity
What we mean by Divine Trinity is that there are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead, each one having His own personal spirit body, personal soul, and personal spirit in the same sense each human being, angel, or any other being has his own body, soul, and spirit. We mean by body, whether a spirit or flesh body, the house for the indwelling of the personal soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows.

and then later adds:
The word one means one in unity as well as one in number
Old 06-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have a Dake's Annotated Reference Bible which consists of the New Testament plus Daniel, Psalms, and Proverbs. It has a copyright of 1961.

I'll only include a few here to give you the sense of what this man is teaching. The Dake Bible is still used by some. If I remember correctly, Finis Dake was an Assembly of God minister and taught in an Assembly of God Bible School or college.

The Trinty -18 fallacies
2. That there is a difference in meaning of three human persons and three divine persons
3. That the terms Father, Son and Holy Ghost refer to three manifestations of one person or one being
5. That God consists of three persons in one person or three beings in one being.
6. That the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are essential parts of one being, just as man is made up of body, soul, and spirit
10. That God has no body, bodily parts, or passions like human beings --nothing of a bodily nature

What we mean by Divine Trinity is that there are three separate and distinct persons in the Godhead, each one having His own personal spirit body, personal soul, and personal spirit in the same sense each human being, angel, or any other being has his own body, soul, and spirit. We mean by body, whether a spirit or flesh body, the house for the indwelling of the personal soul and spirit. The soul is that which feels and the spirit is that which knows.

and then later adds:
That's a mighty broad view.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

The Trinty -18 fallacies

and then later adds:
I get all swimmy headed reading that.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Posting on CARM is like talking to a brick wall.
So I have to be a member to read there?

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
So I have to be a member to read there?
Yeah.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dakes actually wrote that? Im shocked.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
yes, that's quoted right from his notes in the NT.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
when Dake talks about God having three separate bodies, souls, and spirits, I wonder if that is where Benny Hinn got his idea of a nine person trinity that he is alleged to have mentioned on tv a few years ago.