Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:46 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newman View Post
1. Sorry but I know you know that young women don't think about sex nearly so much as young men driven to distraction by testosterone. I also mentioned that a person is frequently young when they make a choice to go in the direction of a priest or nun.

Quote:
Yes, I see your point. I do agree that men are in their sexual prime in their adolescence and early adulthood.

2. Active in the church includes making peanut brittle and food for after the funerals. Although many Apostolic women work outside the home; few put in the same hours working as their husbands. Many more women have chosen to sacrafice much to be at home with the kids and have more flexibility with their schedules than their husbands do.

Quote:
I guess many Apostolic women who are in intact marriages are allowed the privilege of working less or not at all, but it has been my experience and observation that even Apostolic women work full time jobs outside the homes. Rarely do I see men who work many more hours than their spouses. But regardless, women have always seemed to put more time into church activities and family responsibilities.
It may be that women tend to be more 'spiritual' than men because men are concentrating on other areas of their lives. Maybe this is the reason Paul admonishes men to be single as he was.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Sorry. I just don't see that attitude portrayed or espoused on a wholesale basis.
It is not an attitude, it is the nature of a person that has been conditioned or taught such that becomes a natural thing, there IS no consideration.

You have heard the comment, "this (pointing to their clothing) is who I am..."

This to me points to the nature of a person being absorbed by a culture.

Good or bad, right or wrong...
Old 03-29-2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post

It may be that women tend to be more 'spiritual' than men because men are concentrating on other areas of their lives. Maybe this is the reason Paul admonishes men to be single as he was.

Blessings, Rhoni
Rhoni, please. This is such an old line of thinking on your part. You have become so anti-male its predictable.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
I make three.
Ha Ha ha...I love it when you guys try and gang up on me...makes me homesick for the old FCF days!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Now I get to disagree with you.

The way one dresses is not intended to send a message? Cmon man, that is what standards are about for the mostpart, identification with a group of people that have the same beliefs. The internal message is that what you wear should be holy because if you do not, then you are decidedly NOT holy. The external message is to communicate to people that we are separate because we dress holy. The church lauds testimony of women who say people stop them on the street to ask them about the message they are sending through their appearance/dress.
All clothing sends a message.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:50 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Rhoni, please. This is such an old line of thinking on your part. You have become so anti-male its predictable.

I am not anti-male...50% of all US marriages end in divorce and over 90% of single parent familes are headed by females, and look in your own church...how many women are utilized in your church as compared to men?

I like men. I just wish more of them were more Godly/spiritual.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Now I get to disagree with you.

The way one dresses is not intended to send a message? Cmon man, that is what standards are about for the mostpart, identification with a group of people that have the same beliefs. The internal message is that what you wear should be holy because if you do not, then you are decidedly NOT holy. The external message is to communicate to people that we are separate because we dress holy. The church lauds testimony of women who say people stop them on the street to ask them about the message they are sending through their appearance/dress.
I did not say that. I am speaking to the specific discussion we are having. In this case I do not see that the way one dresses sends a message per se. It is a result, not a message. Big difference. Now the result may be analyzed to say that one is sending a message. But I contend that the message is not the catalyst.

Your internal message definition would be correct. But to assume that the external is what you say is fallacious and assumes exactly what Pastor Poster has been saying you are saying. You have caught yourself in your own "double standard" of judging the heart of the person by the way they dress.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
It is not an attitude, it is the nature of a person that has been conditioned or taught such that becomes a natural thing, there IS no consideration.

You have heard the comment, "this (pointing to their clothing) is who I am..."

This to me points to the nature of a person being absorbed by a culture.

Good or bad, right or wrong...
Sorry Bro. I love you but I sincerely disagree with your view here. I still think you have been surrounded by an "exception" mentality concerning this.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:51 PM

Quote:
I am not anti-male...50% of all US marriages end in divorce and over 90% of single parent familes are headed by females, and look in your own church...how many women are utilized in your church as compared to men?

Drivel. Go sell that crud somewhere else. I see right through it, OH SPIRITUAL ONE!!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:

Since you seem privy to the stats, do you know off hand how many first time marriages end in divorce?