Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: AFF Owner: Apostolic Identity Rooted in Racism

Of course you are dead wrong. My "like" over a year ago was qualified as instead of "the nasty verbiage" - meaning those who disagree are "hellbound", "lost" "unsaved" etc.

As previously stated I only recently understood AI was to be an official "campaign" not just a passing fad.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Steve Hoover's recent 180/waffle/flip-flop on AI

-----------------------------

Hoovie likes AI in December 2009. Does not see it as the harsher terms like "charismatic", etc. and very appropriate.

http://apostolicfriendsforum.com/sho...7&postcount=37

It went from being more appropriate than the nasty verbiage of the past to the nasty verbiage of the past. ... all in the lat 2-3 days.

Interesting.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Of course you are dead wrong. My "like" over a year ago was qualified as instead of "the nasty verbiage" - meaning those who disagree are "hellbound", "lost" "unsaved" etc.

As previously stated I only recently understood AI was to be an official "campaign" not just a passing fad.
Okay ... you just realized this campaign that was widely publicized on this forum you own and moderate FOR 3 YEARS... even when the buzzword is on its way out in the UPCI.

I'll be DEAD WRONG while you feel it should be abandoned for its "infamous meaning" that you like because its more appropriate than the nasty verbiage of the past.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
Interesting.
The squirm continues.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM
My Family!

DA - I wish you could realize how others look at you at times............
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post

Not really seeing that, but.....well......ok.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
DA - I wish you could realize how others look at you at times............
Most likely, the same way I look at myself many times. We'll make this about me, Renda ... if you like. Or sweep this under the rug ...
Old 02-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Dan -

It's okay to ask a question. In this case, it was: "Hoovie, are you trying to malign the name of the new AI forum by associating it with a racist group?" There's absolutely nothing wrong with asking a straightforward question--and there's nothing in the AFF rules that would prevent you from doing so.

However, once the question has been asked and answered, you should really TRY to take the answer and leave off trying to prove that the person is lying.

Have you considered the possibility that Hoovie DID think this before and that maybe having the name brought back up in the formation of the new forum brought it back to his mind? Maybe it WASN'T personal. There's a thought.

Furthermore, you're really having to stretch to prove he said anything untruthful. I mean rreaaaaallllllllly stretch. Hoovie said "I dare say...." and you called that surmising statement a "falsehood" and "flat-out lie." And then went to great lengths to dig up uses of the term in the 90's...online.

I dare say that I NEVER heard the term "Apostolic Identity" until the recent campaign by the UPCI. Not ever. Never. If some obscure person or church used it, fine, but it must not have been all THAT widespread or more people would have been aware of it.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 02-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
Most likely, the same way I look at myself sometimes. We'll make this about me, Renda ... if you like. Or sweep this under the rug ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
My understanding is that DA had registered the AI name some time back with the intention of developing something akin to his Holy Magic Hair site - a site devoted to a particular theme where he would express himself in a blog style (like the HMH site only on a different topic).

Over time that never really gelled but he still retained the URL. In time Griff, DA and some others apparently were talking about trying a new forum - but what URL would they use? Well, DA had this one parked so why not use it?
Just sayin'....... The second paragraph doesn't really change anything, IMO.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
He thinks the timing is interesting because that's the name of his new forum. DA thinks everyone has an agenda.
It took me a few posts to figure that out. And you know, it was a legitimate question. It's okay to ask questions.

It's not okay to have this terrible habit of calling everyone liars and going to great lengths to prove it.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road