Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Restaurant Church caters to gays: Ex-UPCI past

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyde View Post
I go out of town for 4 days and somebody starts a thread on this???

My input, from a thread that was posted a few weeks ago:

Influential men in my life:

6. Randy Duncan, my teen-age Sunday School teacher and mentor. He is the one who helped me start to build my relationship with God as a Teen-ager and he left a permanent mark on my life. I don't agree with the path he wound up choosing, but that does not negate his impact on my life, and I will always love him for that.
Great attitude Dizzy!

Raven
Old 06-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
I go out of town for 4 days and somebody starts a thread on this???

My input, from a thread that was posted a few weeks ago:

Influential men in my life:

6. Randy Duncan, my teen-age Sunday School teacher and mentor. He is the one who helped me start to build my relationship with God as a Teen-ager and he left a permanent mark on my life. I don't agree with the path he wound up choosing, but that does not negate his impact on my life, and I will always love him for that.
I understand what you are saying dizzyde. My first pastor was very influencial in our lives. My parents loved him... We moved away and then we found out he had been molesting boys.... I can remember him preaching the Word and we have awesome services there.... But it makes me sick to think this happened... I became to irate with him.... Who do people think they are that they can harm anyone...

Please note, I do not equate homosexuality with child molesters... Not in any way....

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post

you crack me up!

OK.... HOW in the world do you get around the scriptures, old and new testament, that speak of this abomination? this stuff makes me sick. This man had a family...a wife and children... you mean he fought against it the whole time he was married? NO, he didn't fight it....he gave into it! So you hurt a wife and children and leave them to pursue a perverted lifestyle and call that blessed of God... I don't get it!
Well, you are right and wrong on this. He actually did fight it for years, I was on the frontline and I truly believe that. But then, you are correct, he did give in to it. And it hurt a lot of people.

But, what I can't understand is how a person can have so many good qualities, and do so much good, but with this particular sin, people can instantly turn to hating a person, or at least despising them. I don't get it.

He is still the same man that I loved like family for a large portion of my life, but he has just chosen sin. Do I hang out with him, or stay in constant communication with him? No. Do I love him and greet him with a hug when I do see him? Yes.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Great attitude Dizzy!

Raven
Thanks Raven, it is a sensitive subject.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Well, you are right and wrong on this. He actually did fight it for years, I was on the frontline and I truly believe that. But then, you are correct, he did give in to it. And it hurt a lot of people.

But, what I can't understand is how a person can have so many good qualities, and do so much good, but with this particular sin, people can instantly turn to hating a person, or at least despising them. I don't get it.

He is still the same man that I loved like family for a large portion of my life, but he has just chosen sin. Do I hang out with him, or stay in constant communication with him? No. Do I love him and greet him with a hug when I do see him? Yes.
Dizzyde, please forgive me for sounding insensitive....I see that this is someone close to you and I don't want to offend you.. I fully believe that the homosexual lifestyle can still be forgiven and one can be delivered. I have relatives who have taken that path.... But the one thing I don't understand is when you can do it in the name of God.... That is what I don't understand....

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
Dizzyde, please forgive me for sounding insensitive....I see that this is someone close to you and I don't want to offend you.. I fully believe that the homosexual lifestyle can still be forgiven and one can be delivered. I have relatives who have taken that path.... But the one thing I don't understand is when you can do it in the name of God.... That is what I don't understand....
I know, I know you are not a hateful person, I love you sis! And I agree with what you are saying, I don't understand it either.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Dizzyourheadispinnin,

I know where you are coming from. I had a friend from Bible College who turned out to be gay. Long after all of his Pentecostal friends had abandoned him I still was his friend. When my wife and I would visit the town he lived in I would risk my reputation by meeting him for lunch, etc.

I prayed for him over the phone and cried many tears trying to help him. He chose his path though and after several years with such a divergent path from mine our friendship ceased.

I have not had contact with him in probably over 10 years but he still crosses my mind occasionally and I pray for him.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Matthew 7:6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Are we supposed to be shocked?

Surprised?

Angry?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
What reaction are you looking for Daniel?

Anger?

Tolerance?

Condemnation?

Justification?

I found it to be informational, and an interesting read.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRFrance View Post
I found it to be informational, and an interesting read.
Hello.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Hello.
Dan come on you know you started this thread to stir people up just be honest it's okay
Everyone knows who the pot stirrers are around here