Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
It don't matter two hoots if Bigfoot shows up riding Nessie, with two grey aliens strapped to It's/His/Her back, being lead by the lord Mitria, with Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart in the entourage; it does not and can not negate the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If it attempts to , it's anti-Christ.
I don't see where that is an issue here. It sure isn't from my end.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

Thanks Op Carl. I was looking for a pithy way to express that- and my thoughts are anything but pithy lately!

What prompted me was exactly what you <gulp> over. And it's a strange experience - one worthy of eerie Sci-Fi music... Back in the 1990's we had a whole camp meeting devoted to the teachings of Chuck Missler, Zecharia Stichin and Richard Hoagland. It wasn't intentional and it was kind of my fault.

When throwing names around about speakers I mentioned one who had done a tremendous job many years earlier on breaking down the 70 Weeks of Daniel and related themes. I was asked if I had heard his preaching recently and I confessed that I hadn't; but the man was invited and we all learned about the angel/demon/space-alien wars, the Niburu and planets colliding like pinball resulting in the Face on Mars and other keen stuff.

I was definitely surprised and I have wondered just how prevalent that teaching was within the Apostolic movement and if it had taken root in other places.
Was it Art Bell, or George Norry or Ion Punnit [names are proabaly misspelled] the got invited????

I find these topics interesting, from a stand point of wanting to know what deceptions the enemy tries to use. If anything these things that show up as UFOs are probably inter-dimensional as opposed to inter-stellar........
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 07-17-2007, 11:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I don't see where that is an issue here. It sure isn't from my end.
I just wanted people to understand that whether they exist or not does not negate the Word of God, the Gospel of Jesus and the plan of salvation.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

I am a natural skeptic myself and while there are things I have wanted to be true I just cannot believe in them anymore because of completely lack of evidence. Bigfoot and Nessie are among them.

I DO believe that UFOs exist, just that they are not physical creatures, but spiritual in nature.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I just wanted people to understand that whether they exist or not does not negate the Word of God, the Gospel of Jesus and the plan of salvation.
And I would agree with that completely.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am a natural skeptic myself and while there are things I have wanted to be true I just cannot believe in them anymore because of completely lack of evidence. Bigfoot and Nessie are among them.

I DO believe that UFOs exist, just that they are not physical creatures, but spiritual in nature.
I think we agree on this.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Eliseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
If you refer to angels, spirits, seraphim, cherubim and etc., the connection is really only coy. If the discussion distinguishes between the supernatural beings of the Bible and the (so far only hypothetical) natural beings of the science fiction genre, then I would say, no. The Bible does not speak of "aliens."
I would suggest that 'distinction' is a false one.

What is a 'space alien'? Why, a sentient, non human creature of non-earth origin.

Thus, aliens are mentioned in the Bible quite prominently.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:

I can agree with this. I don't believe in life on other planets or aliens of any type. I reserve that for Star Wars and Star Trek.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I can agree with this. I don't believe in life on other planets or aliens of any type. I reserve that for Star Wars and Star Trek.
What leads you to believe that God would only create this one planet teeming with life and not have other creations/creature that are out there?

Old 07-17-2007, 11:44 AM
DEAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
UR a "trekie"??