Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-23-2024, 09:20 PM
New User

Re: Tent Revivals -- Are they still a thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Yes, he has stated that numerous times.

I guess, he doesn’t know exactly how to defend his wife’s position on this doctrine. Maybe he should get her to give him a Bible study.
Brutal
Old 06-24-2024, 04:21 PM
Registered Member

Pardon me, is "pastoress" the preferred term for the individuals some of you believe aren't called by God to preach the Gospel? I will correct my lingo in future responses.

To bring everyone that might be out of the loop into it:
1) Yes, I do believe that women can preach and that they are called by God to do so.
2) Yes, my pastors are a husband and wife duo. Yes, pastors -- plural word. And thank the Lord they work in unity beneath the authority of the Holy Ghost.
3) Yes, my wife of three years is a God-called preacher. She can out preach me (and most men, for that matter) any day of the week.
4) Our churches are full of God-called women that preach this Gospel.

I must apologize that this is all I can offer at the moment. We are expecting company at my house this evening and I cannot provide any more context at this time.

I will come back later and provide scripture on this position.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 06-24-2024 at 04:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2024, 09:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Pardon me, is "pastoress" the preferred term for the individuals some of you believe aren't called by God to preach the Gospel? I will correct my lingo in future responses.

1) Yes, I do believe that women can preach and that they are called by God to do so.
2) Yes, my pastors are a husband and wife duo. Yes, pastors -- plural word. And thank the Lord they work in unity beneath the authority of the Holy Ghost.
3) Yes, my wife of three years is a God-called preacher. She can out preach me (and most men, for that matter) any day of the week.

I must apologize that this is all I can offer at the moment. We are expecting company at my house this evening and I cannot provide any more context at this time.

Yes, please provide the Scriptures showing that women can be elders, overseers (bishops) and/or pastors.

And please provide the Scriptures which show that the Bible authorizes women to teach men.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-26-2024, 10:08 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Yes, please provide the Scriptures showing that women can be elders, overseers (bishops) and/or pastors.

And please provide the Scriptures which show that the Bible authorizes women to teach men.
But, but, but Deborah.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:58 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
But, but, but Deborah.
Deborah needed Barack.

Her being a prophetess was due to her husband being a prophet.
Israel was a patriarchal society. Women weren’t leaders over adult men. Especially married adult men.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

I’m having trouble posting a question on its own thread. I didn’t want to interject but can someone please walk me through it. It’s been a while.
Old 06-27-2024, 04:25 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
I’m having trouble posting a question on its own thread. I didn’t want to interject but can someone please walk me through it. It’s been a while.
Click on "fellowship Hall" and look for the new thread button.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post

I’ve had trouble logging in since this forum was shut down.

Anyways, your stance and belief in women preaching, being able to fulfill the office/s of the five fold ministry, is a stance that is prevalent in the church world today. Also, the old timers that had large churches, dynamic ministries, they did exploits under the anointing that we read about in books today. Most of them believed in women preachers, there were even some of them that sat under a women pastor. Just heard of a conference that had notable miracles done, blind eyes opening, cancers being healed; that organization has endorsed women in the ministry for years…..

That age old question, is it right or is it wrong?

I would say some if not most have the blessing of their husband to preach and/or work in the ministry.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Last night they baptized 7 and 3 received the Holy Ghost! Praise the Lord! One more service this evening...
I guess tent revivals are still in, and can still produce results!!!!

In a day where internet is the heart beat of so many, I’m glad we can reach back to those raw faith generations and see the results that they saw. People today are looking for something different!!!!
Old 06-28-2024, 08:39 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I’ve had trouble logging in since this forum was shut down.

Anyways, your stance and belief in women preaching, being able to fulfill the office/s of the five fold ministry, is a stance that is prevalent in the church world today. Also, the old timers that had large churches, dynamic ministries, they did exploits under the anointing that we read about in books today. Most of them believed in women preachers, there were even some of them that sat under a women pastor. Just heard of a conference that had notable miracles done, blind eyes opening, cancers being healed; that organization has endorsed women in the ministry for years…..

That age old question, is it right or is it wrong?

I would say some if not most have the blessing of their husband to preach and/or work in the ministry.
Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Miraculous, wonderful, mighty works are no guarantee that someone is doing the will of God.
Revelation 2:1-5 KJV
Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; [2] I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: [3] And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. [4] Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. [5] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Here a church that was laboring for the sake of Christ is threatened to be removed from its place before Him, if they did not repent they would cease to be recognised as a church by Christ. In spite of all their laboring for His Name's sake.

We aren't supposed to just do what seems to "work", we have to do the actual will of God.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf