Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-18-2013, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

Re: Here is a prime example of what I'm seeing mor

I thank you all who least took this seriously for change, more so Renee as she seems to get what I was getting at...

The title is : Here is a prime example of what I'm seeing more of lately.

It was nothing to do with the contents of the drink, or that anything bad would happen if drank....

It is purely the symbols hidden all around us. Yes I used this for an example, and for those that say it's just a claw scratch mark, or an "M", I care not to nor can not prove. I would go on to ask why their saying is "unleash the Beast" and the cross formed into their "O"... but I don't care to bother anymore...

My sister told me the scariest thing back in 03'. She said there was a time when we found out sex sells... then we found out violence sells... then as studies continued we found more and more "stuff" that sells... but we "the industry" through billions in research and time found that simply "Bad" stuff didn't sell, it put people off... what does sell is "sin"...
Her work did not discover this of course, but follows the trait as it is an industry standard.

"Sin" sells, I'm not going down the road on this as I'm just an engineer, but what I remember most from our talks is her saying this... "Sin sells itself, incorporating this has proven world-wide to bring it's own driving force in sales, even when the consumer is unaware to it."
No, that sister does not believe in any god as she's to blindsided by money to even consider it.

The example I used is pointless in the large scheme of things, but take a look around with this quote in mind the next time you go shopping or whatever. This tactic was going full-force 10 years ago & I'm telling you it's past the breaking point in my opinion.

I'm not saying anyone is guilty here, I don't know what of any evil motivation there might be in it or what evil could gain from it, I don't even know why I care when up till recently it was just a creepy fact that I brushed off a long time ago.

But it's everywhere, and I'm beginning to see it, and it's right scary... that's all...
Peace
Old 08-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzchild View Post
bring it sister! No-one on here has ever harassed me....! ( A certain couple of people ) have made me want to say something that would get me banned off of AFF but never harassed. LOL Ya know....the BIG button pushers..... Btw....where ya been lately? Hope you have not been working too hard! Did you post a pic with your comment? It shows like there was maybe one (supposed) to be there but I have been having issues with my pc lately.
No pics with my reply and yes, been working hard. I worked all day yesterday until after 10pm, driving almost 200 miles too and never leaving my area more than 25 miles from my home. LOL! And I was on call and didn't sleep much thinking that someone was trying to break into my house AND a patient's daughter called me with a question. But life is good!!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Newbie, I've never been one to really care what someone puts on items I buy unless I'm wearing it. Years ago it was stated that Proctor and Gamble was BAD! for you because of the symbolism on their products. Today, I use Tide because it cleans my clothes. I don't care what they put on the bottle since it's meaningless to me. I'm not a sinner because I use their products. Paul said it best when he said meat offered to idols is nothing to those who don't believe in the idols.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
I don't think Newbe's point was that the drink is evil.

My point is, that by laughing at this, joking, kidding, we are lowering our children s sensitivity to the evil surrounding them.

There is no way that the symbol can harm us thru witchcraft, but who, especially Christian people, wants those evil symbols around them?

And I'm not just talking about the drink. I have no idea what is or is not on it. But I have seen plenty of Demonic Symbols around, just by accident.
Except they are not demonic symbols. It's a scratch mark from 'monster'. To make ANY comparison to "666" is akin to the numerology guys who are magically able to make Ronald Reagan (or any other politicians) name into the "Number of the Beast!". I would imagine that there are some preachers out there who had MAJOR hissy fits over the Jack Links "Messin with Sasquatch" commercials.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
snip...
The example I used is pointless in the large... I'm not saying anyone is guilty here, I don't know what of any evil motivation there might be in it or what evil could gain from it...

But it's everywhere, and I'm beginning to see it, and it's right scary... that's all...
What is the scary part to be feared, exactly? The fact that "sin sells?"

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcBee View Post
What is the scary part to be feared, exactly?
Anyone. Suppose there's a brand of bottled water clearly named, "666."

Suppose there's another brand of water named, "777."

Aside from my assumption that you would rather purchase and drink "777" if given a choice, is there any scenario where drinking water from brand "666" could have any negative spiritual or physical effect on you?

Last edited by MarcBee; 08-18-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Go Dodgers!

It's NOT a satanic symbol of 666. That is your imagination. Im serious and I understood what you said. I believe you are wrong.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:48 AM
Registered Member

MarcBee wrote

Quote:
What is the scary part to be feared, exactly? The fact that "sin sells?"
Yes, Marc, that's the point. The drink is not Demonic, it can't hurt anyone. And perhaps the symbolism isn't demonic either, I haven't examined it. But the reason for all of the sinful symbols out there is scary. Even the symbols can't hurt me, or other Christian's, except that the sins of those around me hurts to the bottom of my spirit. And the fact that “sin sells” is destroying our young people.

And many of our young people, don't have anyone with enough backbone to stand up as an example of true holiness of the spirit. And I don't mean someone preaching at them, but as examples in living.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
It's NOT a satanic symbol of 666. That is your imagination. Im serious and I understood what you said. I believe you are wrong.
Not sure who you are answering here, so I'll bump my question. (I didn't catch the hoax aspect of the symbol, but neither did I imagine any satanic symbol on a drink can. Rather--so what if it is?) To a Christian, is there any effective difference between a hoax and an authentic satanic symbol?

<<who gets to decide what a "satanic symbol" really is or is not? Majority rule? What the other side says it is? Would an authentic satanic symbol have any so-called power "in" it, or to it?
(Just wondering what modern apostolics think, these days. Have no dog in this hunt.)>>

Last edited by MarcBee; 08-19-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
MarcBee wrote

Yes, Marc, that's the point. The drink is not Demonic, it can't hurt anyone. And perhaps the symbolism isn't demonic either, I haven't examined it. But the reason for all of the sinful symbols out there is scary. Even the symbols can't hurt me, or other Christian's, except that the sins of those around me hurts to the bottom of my spirit. And the fact that “sin sells” is destroying our young people.

And many of our young people, don't have anyone with enough backbone to stand up as an example of true holiness of the spirit. And I don't mean someone preaching at them, but as examples in living.
I don't see all the "sinful symbols". I see Logos.

You are confusing Logos with advertisements involving "sinful" activities

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.