Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
eclipse, end time prophecy

Old 07-11-2024, 04:22 AM
This is still that!

Re: April 8 Solar Eclipse

Here are the cliff notes:

Rabbi Shapiro's views are complex and multifaceted, and processing them requires considering the historical context of the Judeans and the evolution of Jewish identity. Here's a nuanced perspective:

- _Continuity with ancient Judeans_: Rabbi Shapiro's emphasis on Judaism as a religion, rather than a nationality, resonates with the ancient Judeans' focus on their religious practices and beliefs.
- _Discontinuity with modern Jewish nationalism_: His rejection of Jewish nationalism and the idea of a Jewish state diverges from the modern political developments that emerged in response to centuries of persecution and displacement.
- _Critique of Zionism_: Rabbi Shapiro's critique of Zionism's conflation of Jewish identity with nationalism and ethnicity reflects concerns about the impact on Palestinian rights and the complexities of Jewish identity.
- _Resonance with traditional Jewish thought_: His views align with traditional Jewish teachings emphasizing the religious and spiritual aspects of Jewish identity, rather than national or ethnic ties.
- _Tension with modern Jewish identity_: Rabbi Shapiro's views may be at odds with the way many modern Jews understand their identity, which often encompasses cultural, national, and ethnic aspects in addition to religious beliefs.

Processing Rabbi Shapiro's views requires considering the complex interplay between historical, religious, and political factors that have shaped Jewish identity over time.
Old 07-11-2024, 06:52 AM
This is still that!

I suppose it's similar to saying that Europeans can't claim manifest destiny in the Americas since we displaced (massacred) the native populations who were originally here making us the bad guys.

But not really cause we hadn't been here for 3000 years.

Last edited by Amanah; 07-11-2024 at 07:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2024, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Bro. Benincasa...
This made me LOL!

"By the way, are you the press secretary for the Pentecostals of Cooper City?"

Next time I go visit ... I will ask Pastor if he can Hire me based on your recommendation! Ha!!! :-)

"I see you first joined the forum in 08 to defend the Flirt and Convert video." Actually... I have been on a while... I don't say much... just when people would rather attack from a keyboard rather than confront in love which is the "bible plan"... kind of makes me sad... Especially when my kid was with the youth in that "flirt and convert" video where it was completely taken out of context... as though it was serious... and I am still laughing and somewhat sad because people are still talking about it and still believing the joke is real... even calling them homosexuals now...
Let's win souls! Peace and Love...
Old 08-20-2024, 07:12 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentecostal View Post
Bro. Benincasa...
This made me LOL!

Next time I go visit ... I will ask Pastor if he can Hire me based on your recommendation! Ha!!! :-)
Why would they need to hire someone? When you will do it for free?

Quote:
Actually... I have been on a while... I don't say much...
I can appreciate an individual standing up for their leadership. Defending your pastor is quite commendable. Would you like to discuss the topic I brought up about the video "Stand with Israel Summit 2018?" Since here you are again, waking a sleeping dog?

Quote:
just when people would rather attack from a keyboard rather than confront in love which is the "bible plan"... kind of makes me sad...
What part of the posting did you feel was incorrect? Since you choose to engage me on this subject, maybe you can show me where I'm wrong?

Quote:
Especially when my kid was with the youth in that "flirt and convert" video
You are the boy's mother?

Quote:
where it was completely taken out of context... as though it was serious... and I am still laughing and somewhat sad because people are still talking about it and still believing the joke is real... even calling them homosexuals now...
You see, that's the issue with recording videos in a Christian missionary trip with youth. Then uploading them on YouTube. The two young men were talking about inviting young girls to church by "flirting" with them. Then Brother Hattabaugh looking into the video camera, and saying "more of flirt and convert" While in the privacy of your church family, this could be "laughed off" by your fellow brethren. But, to the rest of the viewing audience it isn't funny.

Everyone knew it was a "joke" what I don't think you are understanding is, it was a joke in poor taste. Especially when the subject of "flirt and convert" can be linked with Moses Berg and the children of God. A Pentecostal group formed in the 1960s to 70s. Now, no one is saying that the Pentecostals of Cooper City are anyway shape or form like the Moses Berg cult. Or Brother Hattabaugh is a Moses Berg. Just because of two boys and their pastor goofing around. The video is what it is, and people have their opinions. As you have your opinion on what I posted here.

The "Stand with Israel Summit 2018" was uploaded (still is) and therefore open for perusal. Again, if Brother Hattabaugh would like to discuss Christian Zionism, I'm more than happy to do it here. If you would like to take up the baton (as it seems like you are doing) I can also oblige you. Rabbinical Jews, Zionist or non Zionist don't see Jesus Christ as the Messiah. They definitely don't see Him as the Mighty God in Christ. They don't believe in the Gospel. Therefore if we wouldn't put a Mormon, or a Muslim in our pulpit. How on earth do we as Apostolic Pentecostals justify placing Israeli politicians and Rabbis in an Apostolic platform? That was my original thought you disagreed with, and challenged me on. Again, you chose to come back here and bring this up again. This thread was on it's way to deadsville. So, when do we start?

Quote:
Let's win souls!
How about Jews and Rabbis?

Quote:
Peace and Love...
Stirring the stink when it was obviously dying a slow death on its own, isn't being peaceful. Now, love on the other hand, doesn't mean not stirring the stink or not being peaceful. The Greek φιλία is used in friendship, and as brethren we can love each other while disagreeing on topics. Even getting heated over a subject but still being friends. Galatians 2:11 Paul takes Peter to task. In 2 Peter 3:16 we get to see how Peter understood where Paul was coming from. My objection is that Apostolic Pentecostals baptized in Jesus name, filled with the Holy Ghost don't have Rabbis on the platform. If someone wants to win Jews, then I praise their efforts whole heartily. Let's win them for Christ. Oddly, it seems that people put them on the platform without even attempting to baptize them in Jesus name?

Since you are the press secretary maybe you can explain this?
Old 08-20-2024, 11:30 PM
New User

Reminds me of my first pastor. He turned down invitations to preach at the local RCC and churches from other denominations because he said they’d want to preach in ours. It’s not something you do, whether it’s Baptist, Anglican, or a rabbi. They don’t belong in our pulpits.

Though, he could have always preached for them and not let them preach for us.
Old 08-21-2024, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Reminds me of my first pastor. He turned down invitations to preach at the local RCC and churches from other denominations because he said they’d want to preach in ours. It’s not something you do, whether it’s Baptist, Anglican, or a rabbi. They don’t belong in our pulpits.

Like a good Chabadnik!

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 08-21-2024, 06:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

When you think about it, the Roman Catholic has more in common with you than the Rabbi. The Muslim at least honors Jesus Christ. Not at God, but as a prophet. The Rabbi on the other hand believes that Jesus was a liar, and got what He deserved. They see the New Testament as absolutely false. The Gospel the same. None of which is dishonored by the Catholic, or the Baptist, or any other Trinitarian.
Old 08-21-2024, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

I understand were your former Pastor was coming from, and I too for a while held that same mindset.

However, for about a couple years now I have preached in churches that do not believe in biblical truth. I have liberty to preach what God gives me to preach, I cannot speak for those I do not preach for, however, these churches do not ask to preach for me. Now, I do go to their conferences and they preach what they believe, and I sit in their services respectful to their leadership. And I have a reputation with them now, that every Pastor will allow me to come up and call for an alter call.

I do believe it is good to have a reputation even with those that do not believe truth to the fullest extent, just maybe one day they'll call on me to help them come to Christ.
Old 08-21-2024, 02:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I understand were your former Pastor was coming from, and I too for a while held that same mindset.

However, for about a couple years now I have preached in churches that do not believe in biblical truth. I have liberty to preach what God gives me to preach, I cannot speak for those I do not preach for, however, these churches do not ask to preach for me. Now, I do go to their conferences and they preach what they believe, and I sit in their services respectful to their leadership. And I have a reputation with them now, that every Pastor will allow me to come up and call for an alter call.

I do believe it is good to have a reputation even with those that do not believe truth to the fullest extent, just maybe one day they'll call on me to help them come to Christ.
Maybe one day.
Old 08-21-2024, 05:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post

Christians can preach anywhere and to anyone. Non Christians, or Christians who refuse to follow the apostles' doctrine, shouldn't be preaching anywhere to anyone.

Is this "one sided" and "discriminatory"? Absolutely. No apologies given for it, either. The apostles preached in synagogues and in public, but they did not invite rabbis and the general public to come and preach to the congregations.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf