Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 01-04-2018, 01:50 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: The Repeal of Net Neutrality:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
As for people getting dumber every day, well, I think that's obvious except to the folks getting dumber.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Numerous ISPs and broadband service providers have been sued for throttling and rate manipulation. I was invited to join one class action but the payout would have been something like 100 bucks so I declined.

I haven't seen any sources stating net neutrality was actually implemented. It came in 2015 and was almost immediately bottled up in court, then by 2017 was dead in the water. Not enough time to notice any differences even if it had been implemented in practice.

As for people getting dumber every day, well, I think that's obvious except to the folks getting dumber.
Can anyone sue them for doing something that is no longer against the law or regulation?
Old 01-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Banned

Evidently, things are just going stellar in countries where net neutrality laws have been repealed or defeated.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

I don't look for much to change for a while. What will eventually happen is:

0. All the companies will start targeting big businesses that can pay and charge them to not slow their data down too much. I firmly believe the big internet companies first victims are going to be any business that provides a website with a lot of streaming content, not their direct customers. Once this is out of the way then:

1. A single big internet company will starting doing non-transparent things directly to consumers to try and upsell your service. This activity will start mild and then progress to an extreme and since most people don't have alternate internet options they will comply.

2. Other companies will see this happening and see the company making much more money than them and their stock price sky rocketing and they will have no choice but to follow suit. The high ups would be outed for not doing what's in the best interest of their company and shareholders for not doing this.

3. Almost every company will be taking part in this activity and you will have no choice but to accept it or basically do without internet that's fast and reliable enough.

4. The only remedy will then be government intervention.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I don't look for much to change for a while. What will eventually happen is:

0. All the companies will start targeting big businesses that can pay and charge them to not slow their data down too much. I firmly believe the big internet companies first victims are going to be any business that provides a website with a lot of streaming content, not their direct customers. Once this is out of the way then:

1. A single big internet company will starting doing non-transparent things directly to consumers to try and upsell your service. This activity will start mild and then progress to an extreme and since most people don't have alternate internet options they will comply.

2. Other companies will see this happening and see the company making much more money than them and their stock price sky rocketing and they will have no choice but to follow suit. The high ups would be outed for not doing what's in the best interest of their company and shareholders for not doing this.

3. Almost every company will be taking part in this activity and you will have no choice but to accept it or basically do without internet that's fast and reliable enough.

4. The only remedy will then be government intervention.
I can see that happening.

We'll have to see.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

shut it all down... let's see who can't live without the internet (literally).... natural selection, please. thanks.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
shut it all down... let's see who can't live without the internet (literally).... natural selection, please. thanks.

Watch as millennials have a total meltdown without their social media.

You know... I mock them... but I think I'd have withdraws if I couldn't access Facebook or AF. I have family in Canada and throughout the US. Facebook is how we keep in touch. If something happened that restricted access to Facebook, or required a cost to maintain the access, it could complicate my family being able to communicate and share our lives. With AF, it would really minimize spiritual discussion and contemplation. I don't use the internet for much else other than streaming entertainment over Amazon FireStick. But hey, our corporate masters calleth. Grrrrr.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-09-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
You know... I mock them... but I think I'd have withdraws if I couldn't access Facebook or AF. I have family in Canada and throughout the US. Facebook is how we keep in touch. If something happened that restricted access to Facebook, or required a cost to maintain the access, it could complicate my family being able to communicate and share our lives. With AF, it would really minimize spiritual discussion and contemplation. I don't use the internet for much else other than streaming entertainment over Amazon FireStick. But hey, our corporate masters calleth. Grrrrr.
If only there were other ways to communicate with family and friends across the miles. Man, what I'd give for a service which delivered letters to people in other cities and states! Even better would be if there were some kind of contraption which created electrical energy from sound waves and transported them through the air!

Old 02-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
If only there were other ways to communicate with family and friends across the miles. Man, what I'd give for a service which delivered letters to people in other cities and states! Even better would be if there were some kind of contraption which created electrical energy from sound waves and transported them through the air!

Hahha!!!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:49 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf