Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Titus_2_3

Thank God for restoring my husband.
Except for His mercy I could be a widow today.

Last edited by Tina; 03-06-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus_2_3 View Post
Thank God for restoring my husband.
Except for His mercy I could be a widow today.
Titus, tell us your story. I can relate with you. If God had not restored my husband I would also be a widow today. But God is a prayer-answering, miracle-working, grace-giving God!! I have so much to be thankful for!!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Christmas 2009

What an awesome testimony thread! Thanks, Bro. Epley for sharing with us your blessings. God is soooooo good! I thank Him for my husband who is so anointed and yet so much fun to live with. We are truly best friends after 28 years. I thank Him for Godly parents and inlaws. I thank Him for my two kids who love God and are following His way. My daughter was wayward for a couple of years, but God graciously brought her back and she is working in ministry today. I am believing that my son will never have to go through any of that stuff, but will stay true to what he knows is right.

I thank God for a wonderful growing, alive church! The people are almost all new to the Spirit filled movement, so they are so hungry, they are insatiable! Coming from Catholic, Church of Christ, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc. backgrounds, they feel like they have been set on fire (and they have!!).
Old 02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
I appreciate this thread!

I do too, Elder Epley. Thank you for starting this thread!
Old 02-20-2007, 08:50 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I was sitting tonight visiting my wife(who is my best friend besides the Lord)
She isn't suppose to be living because of a near fatal auto accident she had 3 years ago, but here we are in our comfortable home, our two dogs who love us unconditionally, I pastor a wonderful congregation of saints(most of whom are far better than their pastor) I have a host of friends across this nation. I am content and happy. My wife is a class A cook. We enjoy each other's company after nearly 32 years. I would rather be with her than anyone. The saints I pastor are so kind to us they have us spoiled. I am in good health. Just wanted to reflect on the good things God has sent our way I am so undeserving.
I just had someone the other day remind me of something. A friend told me that she remembers 21 years ago when I shared with her one night how I was in Love with my future wife.

SHe told me she remembers my eyes getting big and looking so happy.

You know I told that friend before I told my future wife that I was in love with her.

It was so cool to have someone remember 21 years later how I looked and felt all those years ago.

It just made me think about today 20 years after being married, just how much that Love has grown...

I am blessed..........
Old 02-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

I am blessed I was born and live in America. I knew all my grandparents and great grand-parents.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:56 AM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I am blessed I was born and live in America. I knew all my grandparents and great grand-parents.
Brother..Epley.. I was talking with my Dad the other day to see if he knew you.. He has spent some time in Ol' Kentuck.. I have a Uncle who pastors there.. and he said the only Epley's he knew about was a story about a Young Couple and a truck Camper???

Do you know about this story??
Old 02-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

I am blessed to have been married 18 yrs.come May. And to the same woman I look forward to spending my old age with her.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Brother..Epley.. I was talking with my Dad the other day to see if he knew you.. He has spent some time in Ol' Kentuck.. I have a Uncle who pastors there.. and he said the only Epley's he knew about was a story about a Young Couple and a truck Camper???

Do you know about this story??
No I don't???
Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

I am blessed to still be married to my wonderful husband. Knowing that I could have lost him last May makes every anniversary that much more special. 21 years now, folks! Thank you, Jesus.

And to have two wonderful sons to drive me crazy. This is something that everyone told us we'd never have. What a gift. 17 & 13 and I am watching them and a whole gang of their friends out throwing snowballs at each other in our front yard right now. What a treasure.

I am blessed to have friends who have been my friends since I was in my teens. That is such a gift. Friends who have a history with you.

Most of all, I am blessed to have a God who walks with me every day, sharing each step, each secret, each thought, each hurt, each joy. Never leaving me alone. Who could ask for a better friend?!