Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

Re: Here is a prime example of what I'm seeing mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
Ok, I'm going to leave now. I understand not 1 person replying to a thread, but simply everyone just making a joke or becoming defensive is rather disturbing coming from those I'm come to know through your threads.
Please allow me to apologize for the dogpile, (since I joined in too) , and which you did not deserve. However, please also consider why only one (so far) in thread took your proposition very seriously. If we were to take away the joking and the piling-on, the overall group conclusions still would have been similar. That's due to, for example, Paul's teaching that "An idol is NOTHING." (I Cor. 8:4) OTOH, Paul also implores mature Christians to consider the weak consciences (of immature believers) and to therefore not "rub it in." (Apparently some people can empower idols through fearing them or from one's past culture of "believing in" the idol.) But obviously on a worldwide online forum, that cannot be defined nor controlled. Some would teach that leaving is the only wise thing to do in such cases.

Quote:
She has a doctrine in abnormal psych, and has made ALL their riches in advertising by doing one thing, putting stuff right before your eyes and changing your feelings towards what you are looking at with out you even knowing it.
The primary goal of advertising (even the spooky subliminal kind) is to get your money, your loyalty (meaning your money again) and not to trick you into being influenced by demonic powers. Would your millionaire sister disagree with that?

Quote:
... laugh me right out of a thread, but to do so without even considering how the world is unknowingly corrupting you is just ignorant
Or maybe they HAVE considered it--in light of years of Christian experience, which helps explain the dismissive kidding.

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Last edited by MarcBee; 08-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Newbie my friend, I would like to apologize on my behalf if I came off making fun or like this is a joke. I was merely pointing out that my coworkers drink this but I do not. Not because I feel like it is wrong or a sin, I do not like the smell of it or taste, I will stick to my Eduscho Café Auslese or having a Niederegger Marzipan Cappuccino - (coffees from my homeland Germany) . I do understand your point about this thread, however, I do not think this drink is "evil" or a sin no more than drinking my coffee.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿
Old 08-18-2013, 03:20 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
Ok, I'm going to leave now. I understand not 1 person replying to a thread, but simply everyone just making a joke or becoming defensive is rather disturbing coming from those I'm come to know through your threads.
Im not defensive but I am dead serious. There is a danger, I believe, in taking the viewpoint you do. It's NOT a 666 logo. There isn't some grand conspiracy to "hide" the number in plain site. It's just someone on the internet has too much time and spreads this crud through email and other Internet means and people like you unfortunately buy these ideas.

the Logo is a scratchy M which stands for MONSTER drinks.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
I'm with Newbe on this.

Make all of any kind of drinks that they want, but do that have to put Satanic Symbols on them?
And ask yourself, why would those symbols make it saell better? isn't it because our young generation has already been brainwashed, by that kind of symbols.

They are not innocent symbols. Words on T shirts, on everything, just gets nastier and nastier, and more evil, pulling young children, our precious children down into the gutter.
It's NOT a satanic symbol. The is an Internet hoax...sigh. Im not making fun but I am serious...some of you guys are way to gullible, sorry but that is the truth.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 08-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I'm with Newbe on this.

Make all of any kind of drinks that they want, but do that have to put Satanic Symbols on them?
And ask yourself, why would those symbols make it saell better? isn't it because our young generation has already been brainwashed, by that kind of symbols.

They are not innocent symbols. Words on T shirts, on everything, just gets nastier and nastier, and more evil, pulling young children, our precious children down into the gutter.
It's NOT a satanic symbol. The is an Internet hoax...sigh. Im not making fun but I am serious...some of you guys are way to gullible, sorry but that is the truth.

The brain washing is being done in churches, on the internet and by the so called Prophesy teachers and Conspiracy "experts" that tell you this stuff

Satan is real. He is not using an energy drink to get his "symbol" out there. Why would he do that and not use a real 666 that everyone can see?

Old 08-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
It's NOT a satanic symbol...

BTW, who gets to decide what a "satanic symbol" really is or is not? Majority rule? What the other side says it is? Would an authentic satanic symbol have any so-called power "in" it, or to it?
(Just wondering what modern apostolics think, these days. Have no dog in this hunt.)

Deeply JN Apostolic: 1978-1999.
Happily agnostic/atheist 2011 to present.

Good news! The gospel boils down to, "Love me
or I will destroy you." --A god.

Old 08-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

I don't think Newbe's point was that the drink is evil.

My point is, that by laughing at this, joking, kidding, we are lowering our children s sensitivity to the evil surrounding them.

There is no way that the symbol can harm us thru witchcraft, but who, especially Christian people, wants those evil symbols around them?

And I'm not just talking about the drink. I have no idea what is or is not on it. But I have seen plenty of Demonic Symbols around, just by accident.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
I don't think Newbe's point was that the drink is evil.

My point is, that by laughing at this, joking, kidding, we are lowering our children s sensitivity to the evil surrounding them.

There is no way that the symbol can harm us thru witchcraft, but who, especially Christian people, wants those evil symbols around them?

And I'm not just talking about the drink. I have no idea what is or is not on it. But I have seen plenty of Demonic Symbols around, just by accident.
Its NOT a demonic symbol. That's just the imagination at work

It's a LOGO for a DRINK that is a capital letter M using a funky design made to look like scratches (Monsters scratch and claw)

Is not a joke or kidding. Some of us are way way too gullible

Old 08-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzchild View Post
Seriously????!!!!
I don't think I've harassed you in over a week now.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
I don't think I've harassed you in over a week now.
bring it sister! No-one on here has ever harassed me....! ( A certain couple of people ) have made me want to say something that would get me banned off of AFF but never harassed. LOL Ya know....the BIG button pushers..... Btw....where ya been lately? Hope you have not been working too hard! Did you post a pic with your comment? It shows like there was maybe one (supposed) to be there but I have been having issues with my pc lately.

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿

Last edited by Godzchild; 08-18-2013 at 07:05 PM.