Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Re: Why Is The "Christmas Spirit" So Different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker View Post
It's a superficial fakelike spirit.
Mine's not.

I genuinely feel extremely joyful and happy this time of year. Not the presents - don't care about those, we even talked about not doing them this year - but the bright colors, beautiful lights, happy music, wonderful smells... it just makes me cheerful and happy.

Last edited by *AQuietPlace*; 12-01-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
christmas... when christians everywhere become catholic for a season...
Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Forever Loved Admin

I don't fake anything about Christmas, nor am I Catholic. We do read scripture, and not just Luke 2. I love getting together with my family, loving, sharing gifts, feasting, laughing, singing, etc.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV

Last edited by Cindy; 12-01-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Denial first sign of fakeness.
And someday master you. --Anon.

The most deadly sins do not leap upon us, they creep up on us.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Shup!!!
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 12-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Forever Loved Admin

The only problem I have with it, is that football always interferes with the celebration.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
The only problem I have with it, is that football always interferes with the celebration.
Well... since we haven't celebrated Christmas since 1994 football isn't much of a factor for us there.

But... I never caught the football bug. My dad & brothers are all into it. I never cared much for it. If I have a "dog in the race" such as the local football team in the playoffs... or someone I know is involved etc... I can get into a game. But it has to be something that draws me to it. I don't have any interest beyond that.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

I used to be in the not-celebrate-Christmas thing, but realized it was somewhat hooey. No offence intended. All these pagan accusations are really moot today. No one views Christmas as a pagan act in honouring false gods. When the heart intends nothing towards any false god, but simply having a fun time with friends and family, God does not judge us for worshiping false gods by having fun. He knows the intents of the heart.

Y'all who refuse to celebrate Christmas need to leave that concept and simply enjoy the time as a time with family and friends and presents!

My two cents' worth. lol

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 12-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I used to be in the not-celebrate-Christmas thing, but realized it was somewhat hooey. No offence intended. All these pagan accusations are really moot today. No one views Christmas as a pagan act in honouring false gods. When the heart intends nothing towards any false god, but simply having a fun time with friends and family, God does not judge us for worshiping false gods by having fun. He knows the intents of the heart.

Y'all who refuse to celebrate Christmas need to leave that concept and simply enjoy the time as a time with family and friends and presents!

My two cents' worth. lol