Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: GIANTS in the WORLD SERIES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socialite View Post
It's Lincecum. You can find the correct spelling here (look under Cy Young Award Winners 2008-2009): http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/awards/mlb_aw...ent=cy_history
being dyslexic, finding the correct spelling and actually spelling correctly are very different things....

sometimes I care how things are spelled those times take a lot of time to make sure it is and requires really good spell check...

other times I dont care. spelling a baseball players name right is one of the later... LOL.

And I do know Mr. Lword has 2 Cy Young awards.... (Boy am I glad Cy is easy to spell! )

Dont get me wrong, I am not trash talking. I just saw a couple of the games and Mr. Lword is great.... I just saw some cracks. thats all....

I was just hoping for 2 wins in the first round, the fact that my Rangers are in the Show is just major BONUS!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
The Giants have a pitching problem with Lincecum??? Are you smokin' the same stuff that Jason is?
dude, im just sayin'.... I saw his work in the previous round. there were some weaknesses.

plus he doesnt hold runners well and the Rangers will absolutly run on him. Rangers are a team that is all about disruption.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
being dyslexic, finding the correct spelling and actually spelling correctly are very different things....

sometimes I care how things are spelled those times take a lot of time to make sure it is and requires really good spell check...

other times I dont care. spelling a baseball players name right is one of the later... LOL.

And I do know Mr. Lword has 2 Cy Young awards.... (Boy am I glad Cy is easy to spell! )

Dont get me wrong, I am not trash talking. I just saw a couple of the games and Mr. Lword is great.... I just saw some cracks. thats all....

I was just hoping for 2 wins in the first round, the fact that my Rangers are in the Show is just major BONUS!
Are you seriously dyslexic? I thought you were kidding around.

Hey, as far as the whole "Bonus" factors, I think us Giants feel the same. We've been underdogs pre-playoffs when San Diego was in 1st.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
dude, im just sayin'.... I saw his work in the previous round. there were some weaknesses.

plus he doesnt hold runners well and the Rangers will absolutly run on him. Rangers are a team that is all about disruption.
Yeah, he didn't pitch perfect games. I think Game 1 of the NLCS was pretty close to perfect though.

We'll see what he throws down on Wednesday. Cross your fingers about Thursday. I suspect and anticipate a rain delay. Friday baseball??
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Are you seriously dyslexic? I thought you were kidding around.

Hey, as far as the whole "Bonus" factors, I think us Giants feel the same. We've been underdogs pre-playoffs when San Diego was in 1st.
yep diagnosed in the third grade. dyslexic and ADHD (I was diagnosed ADHD before ADHD was a diagnosis)

yes this WS is stacking up to be a real scrappers dual! two teams that had to beat the class of their divisions to get there and no one considered them contenders in the first place!

The thing that makes me hopeful about the Rangers is their commitment to
1. Pitching (this is new)
2. Defense (this is new)
3. Running the base pads (this is new)
4. Playing small ball (this is new)

Rangers have been in unchartered water all year.

Plus I really LOVE LOVE LOVE our manager. Ron the Old School Brothah is awesome!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 AM

EGADS I cant wait for this to get started already! LOL!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
EGADS I cant wait for this to get started already! LOL!

PLAY BALL! (Glad NL won the All-Star game this year....)

BTW, how will the Rangers do with having to bat their pitchers? Which DH will not get PT?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:

True, he doesn't hold runners well. Frequently, there aren't runners so it's not a big deal, but it has burned him before. I've noticed in the playoffs, so far, he's been throwing to first with more frequency than the regular season. We'll see.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
yep diagnosed in the third grade. dyslexic and ADHD (I was diagnosed ADHD before ADHD was a diagnosis)

yes this WS is stacking up to be a real scrappers dual! two teams that had to beat the class of their divisions to get there and no one considered them contenders in the first place!

The thing that makes me hopeful about the Rangers is their commitment to
1. Pitching (this is new)
2. Defense (this is new)
3. Running the base pads (this is new)
4. Playing small ball (this is new)

Rangers have been in unchartered water all year.

Plus I really LOVE LOVE LOVE our manager. Ron the Old School Brothah is awesome!

I also like Ron Washington and I LOVE that the Rangers stuck with him through the positive test when most teams would have thrown him to the scrap heap. And same for Hamilton when he had his relapse last year.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:

PLAY BALL! (Glad NL won the All-Star game this year....)

BTW, how will the Rangers do with having to bat their pitchers? Which DH will not get PT?
Looks like they are going to find a way to keep Vlad in the line up. so I suspect Dave Murphy will be out.

as for the P hitting, I know Colby Lewis had a bunch of DH home runs in Japan and Cliff Lee has serious time in the National League

I dont know what CJ Wilson's batting history is but I think they will be as good as what i saw from the majority of Giant P's.