Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

View Poll Results: Fellowship, Organization, or Cult
Fellowship 14 25.00%
Organization 30 53.57%
Cult 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Da Brat

Re: District Puts WPF on Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
whose "we"....you got a mouse in your pocket brother??

Some of us UPC don't identify with what we wear, but we wear it anyway.

"Don't get me wrong, I believe Holiness standards are good,
But Hell don't care about your standards.
The devil don't tremble because of the way you dress"
--Pastor Mike Mitchell, Brooklyn NY. UPC
I agree. Sometimes I wonder if they care more about standards or saving a person.
Old 03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Psalm 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Kid View Post
I agree. Sometimes I wonder if they care more about standards or saving a person.
One of the problems is that some people think standards=salvation. Their plan of salvation is Acts 2:38 + dozens of other things.
13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. Galatians 5:13-15 (NIV)
Old 03-11-2008, 08:52 PM
God's Son

What else could be meant by apostolic identity in that statement? Sure can't be signs and wonders. Well maybe the wonders bit, but for the wrong reasons. Unless the organization is willing to make an universal dress code, it is a waste of time to put money into a subjective viewpoint. Thousands of dollars wll be spent to teach "apostolic identity". A misplaced priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
whose "we"....you got a mouse in your pocket brother??

Some of us UPC don't identify with what we wear, but we wear it anyway.

"Don't get me wrong, I believe Holiness standards are good,
But Hell don't care about your standards.
The devil don't tremble because of the way you dress"
--Pastor Mike Mitchell, Brooklyn NY. UPC

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Da Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophil View Post
One of the problems is that some people think standards=salvation. Their plan of salvation is Acts 2:38 + dozens of other things.
That is so true some of the old timers do equate them with salvation. But also the standards have become a tradtion with in the church.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
What else could be meant by apostolic identity in that statement? Sure can't be signs and wonders. Well maybe the wonders bit, but for the wrong reasons. Unless the organization is willing to make an universal dress code, it is a waste of time to put money into a subjective viewpoint. Thousands of dollars wll be spent to teach "apostolic identity". A misplaced priority.
Don't see this where I am, in Arkansas District we sure are not spending money to teach "apostolic identity"...never heard of such...we spend money to throw barbq's in the nieghborhoods, hold basketball tournaments for the city kids, etc.etc. I personally adhere to standards but it is through conviction, nobody taught me.

If your church is spending money to teach people how to dress let me know, I will make sure you go on our prayer list.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Last time I checked it didn't cost any money for UPC and the like to teach "Apostolic Identity".

Most preachers preach and teach the clothesline legalism with great gusto each and every time they take the pulpit (well almost).

Even those that don't preach / teach the clothesline adnaseum allude to it in just about every sermon to reinforce the times they do preach / teach on it.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

I have never heard of it taking $$ to teach "Apostolic Identity"

...and where I come from, I always thought the apostolic identity was more in line with the oneness of God and Jesus Name baptism..... not standards.....

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:35 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Last time I checked it didn't cost any money for UPC and the like to teach "Apostolic Identity".

Most preachers preach and teach the clothesline legalism with great gusto each and every time they take the pulpit (well almost).

Even those that don't preach / teach the clothesline adnaseum allude to it in just about every sermon to reinforce the times they do preach / teach on it.
Money or not , if your church is preaching this let me know and we will pray they lean more towards our UPC's..
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 AM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post

Amen!
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
I have never heard of it taking $$ to teach "Apostolic Identity"

...and where I come from, I always thought the apostolic identity was more in line with the oneness of God and Jesus Name baptism..... not standards.....
Well then , you must not be UPC...(according to this group)

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com