Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Honorary Admin

Re: From The General Board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
and that sounds like a good thing
Well, from where I stand, it is a VERY good thing!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
I want to explain something, if I seem rigid...

Recently, since all that has happened to me, I have found a safe place in Christ. Yes, where I am is a safe place, a covered tank on this journey I am on. Through the portals, I see individuals being damaged and destroyed by religion and judgmentalism, the works of man. If I am rambling, please, bear with me...

I have watched aborted children never come into the Lord because of religion deeming them unworthy. I have seen individuals see the abused, and blame the abused for being abused. I have watched saints with genuine gifts become crushed under the heavy weight of self-righteous judges who think they are the judge, and not the Lord. I have watched it all, from the portals of my safe place, and I wept.

Now, we have entire orgs determining who should and who should not be, on the basis of an alphabet game. This is upsetting to me, and I just feel as if I should say something, even if it seems harsh. It is not meant to be harsh, but when I see blood on the streets and the open wounds long enough, I say enough, and I want to do something about it. And that is what I will do. I will endeavor to be as humble and as loving as I can, and hope it continues to show. But, I must speak out against this serious religious toxicity that is poisoning our churches.

If I am wrong, allow the Lord to correct me. Pray for me. If you feel I am wrong, then show me as well. But, understand that all I do now, and will continue to do, will be in love and for Him who saved me.

Bill, in all due kindness, this is like the 43rd time you have had an epiphany like this.

That may be why sometimes your solemn proclamtions aren't met with as much gravity as you would like.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 03-01-2008, 05:46 AM
Holy Unto The Lord

Amos, and sometimes it take 43 times for us to realize how wrong we were. Thank Jesus I was at least able to see this, and am willing to change. And, if my 'solemn proclamations' are not met with the gravity 'I' would like, brother, then maybe it was not for the people I spoke to, instead it was for those who come by and lurk, and need to see something different and transparent.

This epiphany I had did not come by work of man, but by the hand of God, changing me and transforming me by His love and grace. Man-made epiphanies seek to exalt man. They seek their own glory. In all I do, I solely and simply desire to bring glory to He who is my Father and my Friend, and my Lord.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
Amos, and sometimes it take 43 times for us to realize how wrong we were. Thank Jesus I was at least able to see this, and am willing to change. And, if my 'solemn proclamations' are not met with the gravity 'I' would like, brother, then maybe it was not for the people I spoke to, instead it was for those who come by and lurk, and need to see something different and transparent.

This epiphany I had did not come by work of man, but by the hand of God, changing me and transforming me by His love and grace. Man-made epiphanies seek to exalt man. They seek their own glory. In all I do, I solely and simply desire to bring glory to He who is my Father and my Friend, and my Lord.
Bill, you have found another hero, and so you parrot his ideologies and amazingly enough this time, even his speech patterns.

I wish you well, honestly I do, but it is hard to take this conversation seriously.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 03-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Anapko is Gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Pastor View Post
What did you expect? If somone cuts open an artery, the bleeding must be stopped. Many of the WPFers have already left. That is the natural path of future WPFers. To allow dual affiliation would further the influence to leave the UPCI, thus weakening the power of the UPCI to effectively evangelize the world through the collective efforts of its members.

We must remember who left whom first. In my opinion, the leadership of the WPF knew this would be the outcome, and hoped for it. That way, they could be viewed as the victims when this ruling was adopted.
Politics!!!!

True, yet IMO, people could see thru their wall of glass. Leaving to form another "Fellowship" isn't what they wanted. It has been control from the start. They have lost it and now thru the guise of "Holiness" they form a "Fellowship" to try to redeem control again. IMO
Old 03-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Holy Unto The Lord

Amos, my new hero? Who? The way I came to this was through personal searching. Took me several years to quit trying to please everyone, and just be Bill. No heroes involved in my quest. No one influenced me. And, no one made me change but God when I allowed Him to change me.

I do not parrot anyone's ideologies other than those I have found through my own seeking. I sought the Lord, and He was found of me, and I continued in Him to this day. He opened my eyes and showed me such as was needful for me. Man did not. In fact, the only part man had in this was my sharing with man what God had done in me and shown me.

You may not take me seriously, but that is your prerogative. As for me, I am serious in what I say. I do not have all truth and am still searching. If any man thinks he has it all figured out, then that man is in danger.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

Brother Price, your testimony is one of the greatest that I have known on these forums. You have searched and finally found the peace in Christ that only you can understand.

Now that you have the truth of Christ and him crucified you want to shout it from the mountaintops. I understand this. It is such a joy to finally be able to just share the gospel and not try to reconcile it with a organization's doctrinal traditions.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Honorary Admin

Bill does have a wonderful testimony. Yes, he was tossed about like the waves of the sea and was double minded for quite a while and in turmoil in the process. And I can certainly understand some expecting him to do it again. But, I will note, that before he was very vitriolic and spiteful, but his own admission. However, now, he is much more at peace. Yes, he still calls 'em like he sees 'em. And yes, sometimes things rub at a sore he has from past wounds, like all of us and he mentions them. But he certainly is not what he used to be and that is to be celebrated. I hope and pray that he continues to be connected to Jesus more than man's ways and follows the Cloud.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Holy Unto The Lord

If I can be so bold...

I can now sleep at night. If that is any sign, it is a good one!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 PM

Very few understand the recent transfomation of my good friend BP ... it is a road of brokeness that he has to endure ... and he has come out of the fire as pure gold