Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Re: We Must Rethink A Few Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
When it changes from preaching the Gospel. In Luther's case he regarded the RCC as ceasing to be one.
But this would depend on what you interpret the Gospel as being I suppose. There are different ideas of what the Gospel is.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 01-29-2008, 08:19 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Apprehended bro.....

What kind of devastation are you talking about?
When fellowship is broken, effort is fragmented, and the cohesive structure crumbles there is a great loss of strength in worldwide quest for souls. Further, when fellowship is broken there is untold amount of hurt, suspicion, distrust that is seen in so many ways even right down to famlies on each side of the diviide. The effects are so far reaching that it is impossible to quantify in one short note. It will take volumes to fully disclose the great hurt in the kingdom of God and famlies that is sure to follow.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
When fellowship is broken, effort is fragmented, and the cohesive structure crumbles there is a great loss of strength in worldwide quest for souls. Further, when fellowship is broken there is untold amount of hurt, suspicion, distrust that is seen in so many ways even right down to famlies on each side of the diviide. The effects are so far reaching that it is impossible to quantify in one short note. It will take volumes to fully disclose the great hurt in the kingdom of God and famlies that is sure to follow.
I thought that this was the kind of destruction you were talking about and I know firsthand the negative effects that division and schism causes.

But the truth is, it happens. Has always happened and will continue to happen. God, of course sees it all and saw it all even before time began. And the Church continues on. Thank God for that.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 01-29-2008, 08:32 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAPE View Post
ohhhh noooo
Agape's posting again....

Elected officials are not "divine authority" they are elected officials....
To whom there is no submission or accountability? Officials who have no divine responsibility to discharge in the execution of their official functions?

IF everyone felt like that, there would be no accountability or authority found anywhere. Every joker could do as he very well pleased without any concern for being called into account. There are far too many lawless and loose cannons running around having no authority over them that do the cause of God no good nor do they any good to themselves except to gratify their own rebellious FLESH.

But, elected officials are recognized to have a certain authority in whom there is power vested by the constituents to whom submission is expected and...it is right. That, regardless of the structure, becomes divine authority when someone submits to it in humility and brotherly love.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

When the sin of politics enter into the org, it ceases to be divine. The bible speaks that we are to be subject one to another. I believe that means that those that are close to us should be the ones we subject ourselves to and be accountable to. They are the ones that know us in our private and personal life, and can be more objective in speaking words of restoration and reconciliation, and at times words of rebuke and correction to us when we need it. A DS that may only know your name will not be a good person to be holding you accountable.

I could also add to the above that there are times that the System is defective, as it is in TN, and accountability becomes subjective to who you know.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
When the sin of politics enter into the org, it ceases to be divine. The bible speaks that we are to be subject one to another. I believe that means that those that are close to us should be the ones we subject ourselves to and be accountable to. They are the ones that know us in our private and personal life, and can be more objective in speaking words of restoration and reconciliation, and at times words of rebuke and correction to us when we need it. A DS that may only know your name will not be a good person to be holding you accountable.

I could also add to the above that there are times that the System is defective, as it is in TN, and accountability becomes subjective to who you know.
Are you saying that politics is sinful or that it can become sinful?

- Groucho Marx
Old 01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
But this would depend on what you interpret the Gospel as being I suppose. There are different ideas of what the Gospel is.
True. I would hope the organization in which you belong promotes the gospel in which you believe.

- Groucho Marx
Old 01-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Are you saying that politics is sinful or that it can become sinful?
Can become. To me politics is a vehicle that if used by men of integrity can promote a cause to greatness. But the danger is that the vehicle can become the thing promoted instead of the cause. And then there is the issue of to often power corrupting the men driving the vehicle.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:52 PM
DOING THE FIRST WORKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post

The sin of politics is the key...

Politics is worldly. It is not sin but it is iniquity, being devoid of divine law. The craft of politcs is not God's way. Yet, we choose leaders to whom we are accountable to. That choosing becomes divine authority to which we must submit.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprehended View Post
The sin of politics is the key...

Politics is worldly. It is not sin but it is iniquity, being devoid of divine law. The craft of politcs is not God's way. Yet, we choose leaders to whom we are accountable to. That choosing becomes divine authority to which we must submit.
I guess we must define our terms. What do you me by "politics"? In Scripture we see godly men using politics in a noble fashion.

- Groucho Marx