Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: MMA--Mixed Martial Arts

I plan to train with Erik Paulson this Sunday. We will be training 'standing grappling,' takedowns, and submissions. Extremely talented dude.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Do any of you UFC fans rememeber Joe Diesel Riggs? I saw him this weekend at a Rage in the Cage event in Northern Arizona. He was not fighting but he trained with a few guys and he was a corner man for a couple of them. I heard he used to be like 300 lbs. Now he might be 170-180. Cool tattoos.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

Joe Riggs was the recipient of a
nasty harai goshi
from Cory Devela. Good throw.

The training with Erik Paulson was awesome! I weighed 184 on Saturday, but weighed myself this morning at 179. I lost 5 pounds yesterday! It was a crazy intense workout which lasted from 10am till about 5pm. Rolled a lot and learned a lot with about 40 other guys. Paulson was very personable and is extremely good at what he does.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adino View Post
Joe Riggs was the recipient of a
nasty harai goshi
from Cory Devela. Good throw.

The training with Erik Paulson was awesome! I weighed 184 on Saturday, but weighed myself this morning at 179. I lost 5 pounds yesterday! It was a crazy intense workout which lasted from 10am till about 5pm. Rolled a lot and learned a lot with about 40 other guys. Paulson was very personable and is extremely good at what he does.
Yeah, that would take the fight right out of you.

About the training, maybe I need something like that.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Bump

Did anyone watch the fights the other night? The Lytle fight was one of the best I have ever seen!
Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Bump

Did anyone watch the fights the other night? The Lytle fight was one of the best I have ever seen!
I wasn't able to catch them. I read that that was a great fight. I believe that the Silva/Cote fight is coming up next weekend.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
Old 10-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

WHo eventually beat the guy who beat Gracie? And did that guy ever coem back? Did Gracie ever come back after he lost that superfight??

Any one know which UFC I could find those fights in?

BTW... Nothing beats the first 5 UFCs.

They were the closest thing to real life self deffense against opponents of all sizes, disciplines and skills. with ... NO rules!! awesome.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by meBNme View Post
WHo eventually beat the guy who beat Gracie? And did that guy ever coem back? Did Gracie ever come back after he lost that superfight??

Any one know which UFC I could find those fights in?

BTW... Nothing beats the first 5 UFCs.

They were the closest thing to real life self deffense against opponents of all sizes, disciplines and skills. with ... NO rules!! awesome.
Are you talking about the most recent one with Matt Hughes? If so, I think that Matt Sera beat Hughes then George St. Pierre beat Matt Sera. I think St Pierre is still king at that weight division.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
Are you talking about the most recent one with Matt Hughes? If so, I think that Matt Sera beat Hughes then George St. Pierre beat Matt Sera. I think St Pierre is still king at that weight division.
You are right the Silva fight is on Saturday. You are also right about GSP being the top of his division. He is the Champ. There are rumors circling that later next year that Silva could face GSP even though they are not the same weight class. That could prove to be the greatest fight in UFC history.

As far as the Lytle fight you can see it on youtube I would suppose. It was two men standing going to blows. There was some amazing strikes but not much blood so it was clean and fierce at the same time. Serra did beat Hughes and GSP was able to avenge his loss to Serra I think it was in the beginning of the year or maybe the end of '07.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:23 PM

Most of you MMA fans have probably seen this but EliteXC is done, doors closed, Kimbo Slice and Gina Carano are out of jobs. Gina is one bad chica! Kimbo can go back to basement brawls for all I care, but Carano is the face of womens MMA and besides her good looks she is ultra talented and is a world champion Muy Thai fighter. She might do good for the UFC if they want to start a womens division.

Here is the story...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mma/