Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Don't ask.

Re: Testing Your Spiritual Gifts:

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I'll tell you what I'm feeing right now - - that you have a lot of nerve to post this here knowing that some could throw stones your way.
Whoa.... you must be psychic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Hey guys, I was curious about something. I wanted to "test" my spiritual gifts. Sometimes I "feel" something come on strong and anointed here and I post and somebody might PM me about how I nailed something I didn't know. I've been studying a lot about the "seer" and the gifts that accompany the "seer anointing". This has led me into studying and praying through angelic realities and spiritual realities I never really paid much attention to.

So... I started to feel a hunger to test my gifts. I tried to find ministries on the internet that might assist in this, but most are like seminars and only offer questionnaires and encouragement to dive in. So while surfing... I found a site that I don't want to name. It's not Christian. It's a website that allows a person to test their psychic/medium abilities. They have an interesting format. A person will upload a picture and simply ask someone to "read" it. So... I thought... "Wow. Let's see if the Spirit can guide me in this and maybe we'll see if Word of Knowledge and/or Discernment of Spirits is unleashed."

The results have been interesting and have even challenged me. I've tried not to wax too "religious" at this stage because I'm just trying out these spiritual waters.

What follows is a posting of two, what they call "readings", that I gave regarding two pictures. I know this is unconventional. I'm just thinking of it as a "spiritual experiment".

I'm changing the names to protect the innocent. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Even though I believe your motives are innocent I agree with others you have moved in to an area that is not Christian. Becareful you are not being deceived.

The other thought I have is why do you feel your need to "practice" this "gift"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeUncommon View Post
Psychics/mediums are black magic. Definitely spiritual, but in the wrong side. Not something I would recommend messing around with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Chris be careful man...Ive found that when you open yourself to God using you andnmake yourself available....meditate on Him and go where you have contact with people needing ministering to God will use you freely.You do not "learn" from people with a spirit of divination....they are using a totally different spirit than the one used in the gifts of the Spirit....id cut ties....you dont want that attached to you...not throwin stones bro....just sayin out of a spirit of love.

Last edited by RandyWayne; 06-14-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
One of the real blessings of being God's child is that he often protects us from our foolish mistakes, even the bad ones. But thanks for your opinion of my opinion...
You never said it was your "opinion" you said it as a fact. And what I said was not an opinion but it is a fact.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 PM

My opinion is that they are both (yours and mine) opinions... just as I said the first time.

'Fact' in matters spiritual... well... it's a pretty loose term.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

More Peter Vinkman.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
A second witness.

My original post here was NOT made in jest.

I know what I'm talking about. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, and had to burn it twice.
I did not post in jest. I have walked in that. Most of my family (the females) carry that mess.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
REINHARD BONNKE posted this today on Facebook, maybe it will speak to you Chris.

We can’t see power with our eyes. It has to be in operation. The world’s fastest runner doesn’t ooze strength with sparks from his fingertips. He sits talks, drinks coffee, and looks fairly ordinary. I expect he feels ordinary too. But put him on the race track and suddenly there’s a burst of awesome strength. So many Christians want to feel power, pray for power and keep looking to see if they have power. They mean to go into action when power pushes them into it. They wait every week in prayer meetings to become suddenly so full of power they brim over with it, even sitting in an armchair. But it isn’t like that. To experience power we must go into action. A sprinter must run to demonstrate what lies in him and we must go for God to realize the anointing of the Spirit. Until then we shall feel ordinary and the devil will tell us we are. Yet the anointing is there when we need it. Even in a casual witness, perhaps in the street, the power and anointing of God operate. David was anointed. He slung a stone from a shepherd’s sling at a giant, and God gave it the velocity needed to fell Goliath. By the anointing our witness has impact and force. Whether we see it or not, God is with us. Accept it. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE
Nice. One does nothing for God while in church; that is for oneself.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

I gotta tell ya...I don't see any stonethrowing on this thread. This is a reason to be concerned.

Human intuition is a very real thing. I sincerely believe it was opened in Eden with the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Beforehand, we only knew God. Now our spiritual perception is open to all kinds of things, which is why we have to have discernment from the Holy Ghost.

The demonstration on this thread is not biblical nor is it wise. There are many of us with the Holy Ghost that could get on a site and read someone's mail. Many of us can talk to people and read their mail. That doesn't mean that it is wise to walk in that all the time. I'm praying for you. I think you have a sincere desire to please God and be used of God..but I have seen some of your posts here lately venturing out into some extrabiblical areas. We crave spiritual things...but we must stick to the book.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

I will say I have an increasing desire for spiritual gifts and the prophetic to operate in my own life and in my church. However, I have been exposed to enough junk to know that extreme caution must be used in this area.

If you have a gift of Prophecy on your life you probably have difficulty with staying under godly leadership. It's a downfall of deep spirituality...it often inflates our ego. I have to keep myself in check and submitted to God and the leadership he has placed in my life.

Someone who has the gifting that you may have is like a kite. Meant to fly high but to still be restrained. You cut the chord your gonna get swept away. There is a fine line between true spirituality with demonstration of the Holy Ghost and witchcraft. You need to do some seeking God about that line and quit letting charismania "prophets" lead you. Get back to the Book bro.