Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-05-2023, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Re: Why didn't the Latter Day Prophets see this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Here is a clip from Mount Pisgah, what was he thinking?

https://www.facebook.com/SpiritualAb...ibextid=Nif5oz

https://fb.watch/jH1w6Y8pTC/
Demons in the pulpit... that's animism, like the native Americans religions. Not the first time these beliefs manifest in Pentecostal churches. I feel sorry for the church members watching that and seeing church assets being destroyed in the name of false doctrines.

The Pentecostal Movement needs a reform so bad. It needs an awakening. I don't know how much lower it needs to fall for people and leaders to have an honest self-examination and reform.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:09 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Would this be the same as when preachers would destroy a TV set on the platform??? Or I personally know a Pastor that would take CDs from people in his church and break them in front of the congregation, because he didn’t like their style of Christian music…

It’s just more open today, because everywhere you go someone is recording.
It is absolutely not the same. The only thing in common is that there is a destruction of something. He destroyed an asset of the church, and he claimed there was a demon inside. If you want to bring a TV from a second-hand store, and break it during your preaching to say how much you hate it is one thing, but going off and destroying a regular church asset is taking it to another level; worse was because it was done in the name of a "demon inside it". It is like the difference between me killing a wasp in my backyard, and me killing my kids pet.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:30 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
It is absolutely not the same. The only thing in common is that there is a destruction of something. He destroyed an asset of the church, and he claimed there was a demon inside. If you want to bring a TV from a second-hand store, and break it during your preaching to say how much you hate it is one thing, but going off and destroying a regular church asset is taking it to another level; worse was because it was done in the name of a "demon inside it". It is like the difference between me killing a wasp in my backyard, and me killing my kids pet.

Pulpit Pets....thatll preach...
Old 04-05-2023, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I get the whole church asset thing.

Bro, they used to say there was a demon in the TV… Preachers would say that all the time, I’ve heard it called a “demon box” “devils tube” so on and so forth. They would bring the TV up on the platform and destroy it to show the congregation, “this is how you get the devil out of your house”.
Well, if a demon was in there pulpit, that may be how they think to get the devil out of the church…..

Just like TV was thought to be a negative influence in peoples lives, well maybe that pulpit was…..
Old 04-05-2023, 04:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Demons in the pulpit... that's animism, like the native Americans religions. Not the first time these beliefs manifest in Pentecostal churches. I feel sorry for the church members watching that and seeing church assets being destroyed in the name of false doctrines.

The Pentecostal Movement needs a reform so bad. It needs an awakening. I don't know how much lower it needs to fall for people and leaders to have an honest self-examination and reform.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
https://www.tiktok.com/discover/mt-pisgah-upc

Hearsay of course, but this comment was attached to the above link:

According to people who attend this church, the pastor took a hammer to the pulpit due to evil spirits that were present in it. “People who understand spiritual warfare could definitely pick up on spirits when trying to stand behind this pulpit to preach or sing..” Unfortunately, this video was removed by Mt Pisgah UPC but this screen recorded before it was deleted. The service was from Tuesday 3/28/2022. #OnenessPentecostals #ExUPC #fyp #demons
It just gets sadder and sadder.
Old 04-05-2023, 04:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Would this be the same as when preachers would destroy a TV set on the platform??? Or I personally know a Pastor that would take CDs from people in his church and break them in front of the congregation, because he didn’t like their style of Christian music…

It’s just more open today, because everywhere you go someone is recording.
Television are called "devil boxes" due to their content. Therefore to made a correlation between the TV and Mt Pisgah's pulpit, one would have to say that the devil was being preached from that pulpit? I guess in that case the ministry need to turn the hammers on themselves?
Old 04-05-2023, 05:16 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
I get the whole church asset thing.

Bro, they used to say there was a demon in the TV… Preachers would say that all the time, I’ve heard it called a “demon box” “devils tube” so on and so forth. They would bring the TV up on the platform and destroy it to show the congregation, “this is how you get the devil out of your house”.
Well, if a demon was in there pulpit, that may be how they think to get the devil out of the church…..

Just like TV was thought to be a negative influence in peoples lives, well maybe that pulpit was…..

Or maybe...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spongebob Rainbow 05042023181504.jpg (71.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-05-2023, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

I am not sure which is worse. That demonizing of that pulpit, or the idolizing the pulpit as a holy sacred icon, that only certain select men are allowed to get behind and become an oracle of God.
Old 04-05-2023, 06:28 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
I am not sure which is worse. That demonizing of that pulpit, or the idolizing the pulpit as a holy sacred icon, that only certain select men are allowed to get behind and become an oracle of God.

Just for the record, I personally, have nothing against that pulpit. I have never met that pulpit and Im sure we would have gotten along fabulously.